First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Usually that's what happens to preproduction models, however few 1964 Mustang preproduction models managed to survive and one went to auction for an asking price of $210,00! So if you can get ahold of a preproduction Maverick, hold if for 50 years it might would a few dollars or bitcoins or deer hides, depending on what we're using in the future as currency :ROFLMAO:!
“Bitcoin or deer hides”, hahahahahaha.

Maybe by then the grade school currency of “doll hairs” will have been accepted.
Sponsored

Maven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Uhhhh so you saying it's not OK to buy a hybrid... đź‘ż

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shouldn’t safety ratings be out by now then? They have to put something on the window sticker right? I understand if they’re using the bronco sport ratings but right now there’s nothing on nhtsa.gov or iihs.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe Tim Bartz can explain what OKTB means. I take it as there is no longer an allotment to dealers on EB 2.0 models. They are okay to buy for stock now?

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My understanding is OKTB means they've put the production line to the test with some builds and they've been able to be completed without issue so, in theory, everything that comes off the line is ok to sell. I saw somewhere that all of the preproduction units that have been touring will be returned and destroyed because the manufacturing process for those units may not have undergone the same level of scrutiny
These units can also land on dealers showrooms. They are the property of the manufacturer and are not designated OKTB. If a vehicle is found to have a problem(say recall worth) while in transit to the dealer it will not have an OKTB designation or you can cay the OKTBG designation was halted until fixed. But in general it is an ok to the production process of the cars and they are worthy to be sold in the eyes of the manufacturer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shouldn’t safety ratings be out by now then? They have to put something on the window sticker right? I understand if they’re using the bronco sport ratings but right now there’s nothing on nhtsa.gov or iihs.
Nope. I looked at some 2022 Frontiers and the safety rating was not on the sticker.

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. I looked at some 2022 Frontiers and the safety rating was not on the sticker.
Agree about the Frontier for years it was not rated fully. Various Nissan reps told me that the company did not pay for current or newer models to be tested due to its dated or aged body/drivetrain. The 2022 Nissan will be fully tested as it’s frame is “heavily revised” per company statements. For Nissan it was a cost savings plan.
That certainly won’t be Fords plan as It has a hot 🥵 number here with the new Maverick!

Last edited:

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree about the Frontier for years it was not rated fully. Various Nissan reps told me that the company did not pay for current or newer models to be tested due to its dated or aged body/drivetrain. The 2022 Nissan will be fully tested as it is truly revamped. So perhaps for Nissan it was a cost savings plan in the past.
That certainly won’t be Fords plan as It has a hot 🥵 number here with the new Maverick!
Well it has the same frame it has had for like 17 years, they changed out the drivetrain in 2020, and this year they put on new metal skin. As of yet, no ratings.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree about the Frontier for years it was not rated fully. Various Nissan reps told me that the company did not pay for current or newer models to be tested due to its dated or aged body/drivetrain. The 2022 Nissan will be fully tested as it is truly revamped. So perhaps for Nissan it was a cost savings plan in the past.
[/Q
Hopefully it won't be a safety distater
Well it has the same frame it has had for like 17 years, they changed out the drivetrain in 2020, and this year they put on new metal skin. As of yet, no ratings.
Hmmm, didn't Boeing try the same safety dance bs with the 737MAX?

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, the term used by Nissan “ heavily revised”..... regarding the frame as noted in my update. Bottom line, they Nissan, didn’t bother to keep the star safety rating up to par. They will need to rethink this in today’s growing and competitive market place. Enter Maverick and updated Ranger.
I still trust my years in the Boeing B-17. But that was then, and certainly not a “Max”. Well said though.....

Sponsored

russross

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are ahead of schedule. This is still summer, not fall!!!
I know this is a joke and I'm not trying to pick on the poster, but I always wonder how we all came to care so much about the "official" start of seasons, and even more how we arrived on astronomical seasons as the standard to follow. This is the idea that summer and winter start on the solstices, while fall and spring start on the equinoxes.

There is another equally valid standard called the meteorological seasons (made by people who care about weather instead of people who care about our orbit around the sun) that more closely aligns with most peoples intuition: fall is September 1 to end of November, winter is December 1 to end of February, spring is March 1 to end of May, and summer is June 1 to end of August.

Where I live in Southern Utah, saying summer doesn't begin until June 21 always sounds a bit crazy (temperatures usually start breaking into the 100s at the beginning of June, which coincidentally is when meteorological summer begins), and anyone claiming it starts June 21 usually starts the sentence with "well, actually...", another dubious sign.

So if you are someone who rolls your eyes a little every time some guy explains that the seasons officially starting 3 weeks later than it seems like they should, know that you are just as correct as they are. If the most important markers to you are the times of sunrise and sunset (which weirdly are often several days off anyway), then by all means stick to astronomical seasons. But if seasons are mostly about the weather, you can embrace a simpler and more intuitive definition of the seasons and know that you are just as "technically correct" about it as anyone else.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this is a joke and I'm not trying to pick on the poster, but I always wonder how we all came to care so much about the "official" start of seasons, and even more how we arrived on astronomical seasons as the standard to follow. This is the idea that summer and winter start on the solstices, while fall and spring start on the equinoxes.

There is another equally valid standard called the meteorological seasons (made by people who care about weather instead of people who care about our orbit around the sun) that more closely aligns with most peoples intuition: fall is September 1 to end of November, winter is December 1 to end of February, spring is March 1 to end of May, and summer is June 1 to end of August.

Where I live in Southern Utah, saying summer doesn't begin until June 21 always sounds a bit crazy (temperatures usually start breaking into the 100s at the beginning of June, which coincidentally is when meteorological summer begins), and anyone claiming it starts June 21 usually starts the sentence with "well, actually...", another dubious sign.

So if you are someone who rolls your eyes a little every time some guy explains that the seasons officially starting 3 weeks later than it seems like they should, know that you are just as correct as they are. If the most important markers to you are the times of sunrise and sunset (which weirdly are often several days off anyway), then by all means stick to astronomical seasons. But if seasons are mostly about the weather, you can embrace a simpler and more intuitive definition of the seasons and know that you are just as "technically correct" about it as anyone else.
I understand what you are saying, but we have all come to understand the 'conventional wisdom' set forth as milestones, seasons are like that. Also someone's summer is also someone elses winter. What about something as simple as the start of a day. Who said it should start at midnight. Why not a more natural occurrence such as sunrise. Or how about the Biblical concept where it says the evening and the morning were the first day. Much more natural.

The Maverick's were to go on sale "FALL 2021!" That is why I made the statement. Theoretically that could be anytime between Sept. 22 to Dec. 21 and they would have met their target.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I think we can all agree that Ford said "Coming this fall" to intentionally be vague.

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Because people are accusing ford of lying/bait switch/trickery and that there are no mavericks in the fall. This forces people to address with very specific language/dates.
Sponsored