Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
T
Yikes, is it me or does all of that (except for maybe the cup holder?) look tacky as can be?
These are crude examples, expect higher quality injection molded options in the aftermarket. Yes they all look at best crude, at worse tacky.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
Every time I see this, I wonder why is there only 1 slot in the cabin but 7 under the rear seat?

Why didn't they make a slot near the dash...build a phone holder or cord organizer there? Why not one near the door, could build a tissue holder, another on the dash to build a coin slot, etc.... Multiples in the rear seat area for those passengers, one for a tablet stand or use for a writing surface? OK, I don't really want any of those, but maybe someone else does? Instead we'll have one slot for more cupholders and 7 under the seat?
I just want to see demo models in showrooms, I will not order till I drive one !

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Every time I see this, I wonder why is there only 1 slot in the cabin but 7 under the rear seat?

Why didn't they make a slot near the dash...build a phone holder or cord organizer there? Why not one near the door, could build a tissue holder, another on the dash to build a coin slot, etc.... Multiples in the rear seat area for those passengers, one for a tablet stand or use for a writing surface? OK, I don't really want any of those, but maybe someone else does? Instead we'll have one slot for more cupholders and 7 under the seat?
My guess is the ones under the seat are primarily for storage so that if you have different designs you can select the one you want on the back of the console and the others are will be securely stored under the seat so that they are not rattling around.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
iPad holder for back seat movies would be a good use of the FIT slot

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Subaru Forrester Sport
iPad holder for back seat movies would be a good use of the FIT slot
I know this thread is a little stale but this is how it works in the design phase. No kidding. I have a friend of mine that is a head engineer at Toyota and he 3D prints all of his component designs before they move forward from R&D. Some of these units are so awesome, I can't tell they are 3d printed at all and frankly, one doesn't have to deal with the mold. Typically once this is designed and approved, it will go to procurement stages where the samples are then sent oversees for this same process..

Sponsored

AndrewSKY117

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Honda Civic
I'm excited to see where this goes! I don't have a 3D printer, but hopefully, there will be some cool things I could use. Although I feel like my slot will stay empty mostly. Unless it was that little trash container or something.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got a 3D printer and I've made a couple of things for my Miata. I'm looking forward to seeing what's available to print.
I have a Bambu Labs X1 Carbon so it prints with PAHT with carbon fibers. I am looking for the stl files from Ford. They were supposedly making the files available to the Maverick club for use but as yet I haven't seen them. I have a few files from other places but so far they all are a bit loose, and before I spend the time in Blender or Fusion 360 redoing the files, I would like to look at the Ford files.
Sponsored