First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick Lariat First Edition Rapid Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat.

Looks awesome, any wheel rub?
It was rubbing on the unibody seam where they spot welded it together but I bent it over with a 8lb sledge and now there's slight rubbing on the felt liners at full turn but nothing you can't get away with. Nothing like beating on a truck with a sledge hammer that I've owned for less than a month with only 800 miles on it. I work at a ford dealership and had it up on the rack after hours Friday night beating on it and techs were walking by saying that's some redneck s*** and I live in West Virginia. It's only a temporary fix to a permanent problem, I'm going to have someone more skilled than me cut the seam off and weld it back together flush in the near future for a neater more professional finish.

Ford Maverick 2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat 20221111_185257

Ford Maverick 2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat 20221113_103544
Ford Maverick 2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat 20221113_103553
Ford Maverick 2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat 20221113_103606
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

knated

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

OP
OP
MxMerritt

MxMerritt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was rubbing on the unibody seam where they spot welded it together but I bent it over with a 8lb sledge and now there's slight rubbing on the felt liners at full turn but nothing you can't get away with. Nothing like beating on a truck with a sledge hammer that I've owned for less than a month with only 800 miles on it. I work at a ford dealership and had it up on the rack after hours Friday night beating on it and techs were walking by saying that's some redneck s*** and I live in West Virginia. It's only a temporary fix to a permanent problem, I'm going to have someone more skilled than me cut the seam off and weld it back together flush in the near future for a neater more professional finish.

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can honestly say that every unibody I have ever owned I have hammered on the pinch welds. Granted thats only 7 cars, but still. One question did you slice and hammer or just hammer? Because of the radius of the wheel well it can be hard to hammer over the curve. So every few inched between welds I slice straight into the pinch. Then when I hammer it over I have these little gaps (or edges if you alternate the fold overs), which are handy for welding the folded "flaps" back to the "flat" sheetmetal. I wouldnt cut off the material if I were you. The perpendicular nature of the pinch weld adds rigidity to the panel. That is by design. Slicing, cleaning, folding, cleaning, welding, cleaning, and painting is the way to "stitch" it up. It leaves the thicker material of the fold in place. Reinforcing with welds turning tall thin rigidity structure into a wider flatter rigidity structure. I would also get a galvanizing primer coat of paint on it aswell.

I will do this to ours in time, however since we have never purchased a new vehicle before, the newest thing we have is a 96. I dont think my wife will let me do that until we have mostly paid it off.
Living on an island its hard to sneak that kinda thing in when shes out of town :ROFLMAO:.

Forgive the crude MSPaint drawing but this is the basic pattern. Either all to one side or alternating, whichever is best for the panel.

Ford Maverick 2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat pinch weld

Last edited:

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What kit?

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks aggressive!

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess you have hammered the crumble zone metal and reshaped it to fit your wheels, not that the structure matter during an accident....lol

Should add extra value to your first edition Maverick....

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess you have hammered the crumble zone metal and reshaped it to fit your wheels, not that the structure matter during an accident....lol

Should add extra value to your first edition Maverick....
Pinch welds are "crumble" zones? 😂 This thread about lifts is making me crave coffee cake. That would be pretty amazing if a quarter inch pinch weld was capable of absorbing twenty to twenty five thousands pounds of force.

OP
OP
MxMerritt

MxMerritt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What kit?
At first I put the Eibach Pro-Lift springs all the way around, but the front springs rubbed the strut tower wall while turning bc of their increased diameter and it made a noise while turning so the I ordered the rough country 2" Lift Strut Kit and swapped out the fronts. So currently I have the Rough country loaded struts in the front and the Eibach Pro-Lift springs in the rear but I will be swapping out the rears with the Rough Country springs and shocks in the near future so it will all be the same.

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At first I put the Eibach Pro-Lift springs all the way around, but the front springs rubbed the strut tower wall while turning bc of their increased diameter and it made a noise while turning so the I ordered the rough country 2" Lift Strut Kit and swapped out the fronts. So currently I have the Rough country loaded struts in the front and the Eibach Pro-Lift springs in the rear but I will be swapping out the rears with the Rough Country springs and shocks in the near future so it will all be the same.
I thought something looked off in your photos, to me it was clearly higher in the front than the rear and since I could see the RC lifted struts in the front but couldn't tell what was in the rear I thought it would be pretty disappointing if you put the whole kit in front and rear and it was lower in the rear. Looking forward to seeing photos with the whole kit installed.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For anyone interested someone on youtube installed the RC 2" strut lift kit front and rear on their FX4 and this is what it looks like. The installer said that it came out to be about 2 1/4" in front and rear but that it will probably settle to 2". They said it does maintain the factory rake. This is with the OEM 225/65R17 Pirelli Scorpions.

Ford Maverick 2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat RC 2 inch Lift

Last edited:
OP
OP
MxMerritt

MxMerritt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick 2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat 20221228_160624

Had our body shop paint the silver bar black and smoke out the side marker lights

TheIronMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For anyone interested someone on youtube installed the RC 2" strut lift kit front and rear on their FX4 and this is what it looks like. The installer said that it came out to be about 2 1/4" in front and rear but that it will probably settle to 2". They said it does maintain the factory rake. This is with the OEM 225/65R17 Pirelli Scorpions.

RC 2 inch Lift.jpg
This is my truck lol

OP
OP
MxMerritt

MxMerritt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Updated Build List
• Steeda Strut Tower Brace
• Turbosmart eBOV
• AFE Momentum GT CAI
• Eibach Pro-Lift Springs
• Eibach Pro-Camber kit
• Toyo Open Country AT3 255/70r17 Tires
• Air Design Hood Scoop professionally painted Gloss Black
• Air Design Cab Spoiler professionally painted Gloss Black
• Air Design Tailgate Spoiler professionally painted Gloss Black
• Air Design Tailgate Appliqué professionally painted Gloss Black
• Grill/Headlight Bar professionally painted Gloss Black
• LasFit Red LED taillight bulbs
• LasFit White LED Reverse bulbs
• LasFit White LED Cargo Bulbs
• LasFit Red LED 3rd Brake Light Bulb
• VHT Smoked Taillights
• VHT Smoked Bumper Marker Lights
• VHT Smoked 3rd Brake Light
• Ford Accessories HALOGEN/LED TAILGATE LIGHT BAR
• Ford Accessories INTEGRATED TETHER SYSTEM (FITS) PACKAGE
• Ford Accessories Tailgate Assist
• Ford Accessories Putco Black Platinum Tailgate Lettering
• Ford Accessories PUTCO BLACK PLATINUM 4PC DOOR SILL PLATES KIT
• Ford Accessories LUND SMOKE LOW PROFILE SIDE WINDOW DEFLECTORS
• Ford Accessories CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM KIT - INCLUDES CLEAT TIE DOWN KIT
• Ford Accessories BED DIVIDER KIT
• Ford Accessories FRONT CONSOLE VAULT IN-VEHICLE SAFE
• Ford Accessories LUMEN TOUCHLINK
• CAPACITIVE TOUCH LED LAMPS BED LIGHT
• Ford Accessories Tough Bed Spray-In Bedliner
• Ford Performance M14 x 1.5 Black Lug Nuts
• Ford Accessories Hitch Cover
• Ford Accessories ST Aluminum Pedal Covers
• Ford Accessories McGard Tailgate Lock
• Ford Accessories Molded Splash Guards Front & Rear Pair
• Rough Country Hard Low-Profile Bed Cover
• Husky Liners WeatherBeater Floor Liners
• Gloss Black Tailgate Emblem Cover
• Uniden R4 Radar/Laser Detector
• UPR Oil Separator/Catch Can Kit
• Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT Elite System
• SCT X4 Programmer w/ 5 Star Custom Tune
• CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna
• 20% Window Tint
• 7 Year Ceramic Coat Professionally Applied on Entire Vehicle
• 7 Year Ceramic Coat Professionally Applied on Wheels
Ford Maverick 2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat 20230329_184124
Ford Maverick 2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat 20230329_184056
Ford Maverick 2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat 20230329_184114
Ford Maverick 2" Lift with 255/70r17 on First Edition Maverick Lariat 20230329_184122
Sponsored