Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was just curious how the clutches in the transfer case and rear axle handle the bite of those sticky tires. I am a bit concerned about the Wildtrack or whatever Falken calls their AT3 tires that came with my truck. Say at Moab or Goblin Valley there is slick rock then granite on the trails so slipping on the slick rock then bite on the granite and I would worry about breaking something steel in the box.
Someone else has the rear driveshaft measured at 0.87 or 0.83 inches at its smallest point. That will be where it breaks. I think adding a extra driveshaft loop and protections for that matter will be a wise offroading mod. But we are talking about the same drivetrain as the Bronco Sport and people have been wheeling those pretty hard so far.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am hoping to do one of the lift options once I ware out the factory rubber. I would like to hear how this does off road. It seems some people don't trust Rough County on the trails. Mine won't be off road a lot but I would like the extra ground clearance for the just in case... and also for the inevitable Houston floods.

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am hoping to do one of the lift options once I ware out the factory rubber. I would like to hear how this does off road. It seems some people don't trust Rough County on the trails. Mine won't be off road a lot but I would like the extra ground clearance for the just in case... and also for the inevitable Houston floods.
Nothing to complain so far about the RC. I put about 3,000 miles to it together with my wheel and tire setup. I think doing the re-torque on the RC really helps

Sponsored

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
If you are hesitant about RC we have a ReadyLift 1.5" kit on special right now. ReadyLift is one of the industry leaders in lift and level kits

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/readylift-group-buy.15973/

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you do any lifting? Also do you have any rubbing? If not, do you have links. That's one of the best combos yet
I installed RC 2” Lift Kit, also did cut the pinch weld(preferably to fold it) and trimmed some fender liners

CSSMAVO

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I am taking my Maverick in this weekend to order the parts and do a 1.5 inch lift, the guy at the shop told me not to go with RC as well, also various subreddits seem to be against that company. I'll gladly pay more for quality.

ParadisePanda

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport badlands, maverick tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have any pictures of the rear of the front wheel wells with the mods you did with it and the clearance you have? I have a tremor on order and would love to do this lift and have been deciding on 265/65 and 265/70s?

Sponsored

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, please. I got the 2" RC installed a while ago and went with 265/65R17s the front rub just a bit before full lock, I would like to see what was trimmed/modified so I could maybe copy

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs