First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah the more rigid, the more they will survive and do something offroad. I am hoping for a proper spring lift to come out soon, that will help things aswell creating more usable travel.
Well, that’s good to hear. At least the shocks will hold, hopefully the same with my cv joints lol
Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was able to install the front 2" Rough Country lift parts but they had sent the incorrect spacers for the rear so I won't be able to install them till this weekend. But I did get the RokBlokz installed also so the only thing I am lacking is the Basecamp X and I am set for boondocking in the mountains this summer. I am going to Wisconsin across I 90 so I put the Continentals on for the trip. After looking at the truck I will add the rear lift if it needs it to level the hitch.
Ford Maverick Rough Country 2” Lift Kit, Reika wheels 17x8 20 offsets on 265/70r17 M/T Bart with front lift 2
Ford Maverick Rough Country 2” Lift Kit, Reika wheels 17x8 20 offsets on 265/70r17 M/T Bart with front lift

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you take advantage of the grip on those tires? My EB doesn't like the Falkens it came, I haven't been able to get it to do much in the way of crawling. But it does pull my trailer on the fire roads pretty well.
I haven’t test it in the mud or rock crawlings yet. On dry they’re good, they’re not bad on wet either.

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was able to install the front 2" Rough Country lift parts but they had sent the incorrect spacers for the rear so I won't be able to install them till this weekend. But I did get the RokBlokz installed also so the only thing I am lacking is the Basecamp X and I am set for boondocking in the mountains this summer. I am going to Wisconsin across I 90 so I put the Continentals on for the trip. After looking at the truck I will add the rear lift if it needs it to level the hitch.
Bart with front lift 2.jpg
Bart with front lift.jpg
Oh boy, that sucks. But the truck is coming along nicely though. That should be fun! Post some pictures after. Yeah you might have to before pulling the trailer.

Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven’t test it in the mud or rock crawlings yet. On dry they’re good, they’re not bad on wet either.
I was just curious how the clutches in the transfer case and rear axle handle the bite of those sticky tires. I am a bit concerned about the Wildtrack or whatever Falken calls their AT3 tires that came with my truck. Say at Moab or Goblin Valley there is slick rock then granite on the trails so slipping on the slick rock then bite on the granite and I would worry about breaking something steel in the box.

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was just curious how the clutches in the transfer case and rear axle handle the bite of those sticky tires. I am a bit concerned about the Wildtrack or whatever Falken calls their AT3 tires that came with my truck. Say at Moab or Goblin Valley there is slick rock then granite on the trails so slipping on the slick rock then bite on the granite and I would worry about breaking something steel in the box.
So far driving it on the pavement didn’t feel that it changed anything. But definitely can feel some lost of power. I think the transfer case can handle it. But it won’t be for the long haul

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far driving it on the pavement didn’t feel that it changed anything. But definitely can feel some lost of power. I think the transfer case can handle it. But it won’t be for the long haul
That is my concern with the Falkens. A bit more sticky meat on the contact patch that I don't know if the axles or transfer case can handle. I would really like Dayna 44 axles and an Atlas transfer case but no way to connect them to a side saddle engine.
That's a small part of the Unibody idea and lightweight trucks.

Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They stick out a bit too far for my tastes, but it does show off the pointlessly beefy sidewalls, and gives it a wider stance. And wider is better, right?

First Name
Bob the builder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl
Did you do any lifting? Also do you have any rubbing? If not, do you have links. That's one of the best combos yet

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks like a Powerwheels truck and I absolutely love it, haha. I'll be doing something similar for sure.

Ford Maverick Rough Country 2” Lift Kit, Reika wheels 17x8 20 offsets on 265/70r17 M/T 1654727127704

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Kind of reminds of guys who used to buy used up racing slicks to put on their Gixxers.

Completely pointless, but the squids at the drive-in dig em.
Sponsored