First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice proportions spot on I didn’t think it would look right you did well,is there any rubbing in the front?
Yeah there will be. Fender work has to be done, but it’s all worth it at the end. Cutting the pinch weld and weld it back in, ECU repositioning, and fender liner has to be re installed really snug to parts where the tire is gonna hit.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dont have my maverick yet, so I dont know for sure. But on several unibody vehicles, AMC Eagle, 74 Maverick, Jeep XJ, Jeep MJ, I have made pinch weld modifications. But I never cut them off and welded the seam. What I would do is fold them over flat and maybe weld them that way. If it was in a curve I would cut a slit between the spot welds to allow the folds to be straight.

I think that is stronger than cutting them away and welding them because it leave the material thickness there. Granted its not at an opposed 90 degree angle for stiffness but it is still there. If there is a reason why people are doing it the other way, great, but I am not sure why?

But your truck looks amazing and I cant wait to have mine up similar, I will be offroading mine up a pretty gnarly driveway everytime I leave the house.

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dont have my maverick yet, so I dont know for sure. But on several unibody vehicles, AMC Eagle, 74 Maverick, Jeep XJ, Jeep MJ, I have made pinch weld modifications. But I never cut them off and welded the seam. What I would do is fold them over flat and maybe weld them that way. If it was in a curve I would cut a slit between the spot welds to allow the folds to be straight.

I think that is stronger than cutting them away and welding them because it leave the material thickness there. Granted its not at an opposed 90 degree angle for stiffness but it is still there. If there is a reason why people are doing it the other way, great, but I am not sure why?

But your truck looks amazing and I cant wait to have mine up similar, I will be offroading mine up a pretty gnarly driveway everytime I leave the house.
Yeah I know, folding the pinch weld is the proper way. I should’ve done it that way. Didn’t do my homework properly. First time owning a rig. I’ll learn from this. Thanks

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah I know, folding the pinch weld is the proper way. I should’ve done it that way. Didn’t do my homework properly. First time owning a rig. I’ll learn from this. Thanks
Yeah its hard to say what the "proper way" is with these type of mods. Its just what made the most sense structurally with the least amount of work possible lol. Cant wait to get my hands on ours. Maybe the Superlift 2.5" lift will be available then!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah its hard to say what the "proper way" is with these type of mods. Its just what made the most sense structurally with the least amount of work possible lol. Cant wait to get my hands on ours. Maybe the Superlift 2.5" lift will be available then!!
Yeah, I went and cut the corner.. literally..lol
That anticipation, sometimes it just makes me anxious.. lol You’ll love the truck for sure.
This one is up for grab right now here in Toronto. XLT Hybrid with Lux package.

Ford Maverick Rough Country 2” Lift Kit, Reika wheels 17x8 20 offsets on 265/70r17 M/T 6B1C6AD2-CD0A-4444-8BEE-A63094205C40

Ford Maverick Rough Country 2” Lift Kit, Reika wheels 17x8 20 offsets on 265/70r17 M/T 045FE5C1-86D2-4AA0-A2EE-E83C168C8BB9

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice but that one is 10K more that the FX4 we ordered from Granger Iowa! I'm cheap which is why I hammer on fenders to squeeze big tires on lol.
I still dont get why the hybrid wasnt designed as a fwd with wheel hub motors out back and just use the same rear suspension. Would've simplified things for use builders.

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice but that one is 10K more that the FX4 we ordered from Granger Iowa! I'm cheap which is why I hammer on fenders to squeeze big tires on lol.
I still dont get why the hybrid wasnt designed as a fwd with wheel hub motors out back and just use the same rear suspension. Would've simplified things for use builders.
Lol! Same here. This is Canadian sale. I think that’s around 29k and change on USD. Yeah it should’ve been. Maybe I’m wrong, but probably it won’t be a gas saver if they did that.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lol! Same here. This is Canadian sale. I think that’s around 29k and change on USD. Yeah it should’ve been. Maybe I’m wrong, but probably it won’t be a gas saver if they did that.
I dont know, it could essentially be the same with the 2.5 CVT just pull the electric motor out of the transmission and away from heat and use 2 smaller or 1 single in place of the rear diff. There would be handling dynamics to program with occasianal propulsion coming from the rear. But what do I know, just a car nut with theories.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With a Ranger you could add AAL’s, coils and or shocks and it would be a very functional lift. Just sayin’….

Sponsored
OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dont know, it could essentially be the same with the 2.5 CVT just pull the electric motor out of the transmission and away from heat and use 2 smaller or 1 single in place of the rear diff. There would be handling dynamics to program with occasianal propulsion coming from the rear. But what do I know, just a car nut with theories.
You should’ve been part of the Maverick engineering department. Exactly, they should listen to the car nut people. Lol

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With a Ranger you could add AAL’s, coils and or shocks and it would be a very functional lift. Just sayin’….
I know. It should’ve been the ranger for me. But got too excited of the fuel mileage with this truck. Even with the lift and big tires I’m still averaging 27 mpg. Not too bad. Giving this to my wife, she likes it, then I’m planning to get the new ranger for myself when it comes out.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You should’ve been part of the Maverick engineering department. Exactly, they should listen to the car nut people. Lol
My brother actually worked on the shocks for the Maverick and both Broncos. I skipped 5 or 6 years of college, so wasnt in the cards for me. But atleast we can thank him for the ride quality.

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My brother actually worked on the shocks for the Maverick and both Broncos. I skipped 5 or 6 years of college, so wasnt in the cards for me. But atleast we can thank him for the ride quality.
That’s pretty cool! Meh, you’re not alone my brother. But yeah, good for your brother. The shocks are definitely rigid, but I find it a bit stiff on bumps. Probably because mine is fx4.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That’s pretty cool! Meh, you’re not alone my brother. But yeah, good for your brother. The shocks are definitely rigid, but I find it a bit stiff on bumps. Probably because mine is fx4.
Yeah the more rigid, the more they will survive and do something offroad. I am hoping for a proper spring lift to come out soon, that will help things aswell creating more usable travel.
Sponsored