First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! I placed an order for my 2023 Hybrid XL in September (2022, no it wasn't a rollover), when the order banks were open. I purposely placed an order for an XL with zero options, hoping it would get picked up. I received a build date of December 7th during the first round of scheduling and was shocked. The truck entered production on time, window sticker generated, and it finished production on the same day, December 7th.

I tracked the Maverick the whole way to the dealer up in MA. It shipped from Mexico on December 8th, and only took about two weeks to get up to the railyard in North Brookfield MA. It sat at the railyard for about a week due to Christmas Weekend, but arrived at the dealer a few days later.

My dealer honored MSRP with no add-ons (shout out to Franklin Ford). They were super easy to work with and easy to communicate with.

Best of all, I took a giant risk and sold my 2022 Jeep Gladiator back in November when I got the build date. I was banking on the fact that the market was about to go down, and I got an offer for $42,000 from a popular online company. I sold it, and have been daily driving my Porsche Boxster (with newly acquired winter tires), for the past month. I lucked out for two reasons:

1.) This has been an awesome winter so far with no real snow!

2.) I checked the value on my Jeep for the hell of it, if I had kept it an extra month. It dropped almost $9,000 in value. Wow!

So happy to have the XL hybrid! Can't believe how lucky I was to get it built and shipped so quick. Time for the Boxster to go back on the lift until Spring time!
Ford Maverick 100 Days from Ordered to Picked Up! PXL_20221231_183311835
Ford Maverick 100 Days from Ordered to Picked Up! PXL_20230102_223637815
Sponsored

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! I placed an order for my 2023 Hybrid XL in September (2022, no it wasn't a rollover), when the order banks were open. I purposely placed an order for an XL with zero options, hoping it would get picked up. I received a build date of December 7th during the first round of scheduling and was shocked. The truck entered production on time, window sticker generated, and it finished production on the same day, December 7th.

I tracked the Maverick the whole way to the dealer up in MA. It shipped from Mexico on December 8th, and only took about two weeks to get up to the railyard in North Brookfield MA. It sat at the railyard for about a week due to Christmas Weekend, but arrived at the dealer a few days later.
Another one. What rhyme or reason is there for getting an ordered Sept. 22'
Maverick in Dec. 22'.

How could Ford justify this to the buyers who've been waiting for a year and then some.

At this juncture I don't car anymore about someone explaining dealer allocations, chip shortages, build constraints, etc... It just doesn't make sense.

I'm not angry by any means but I'm curious and just would like to know.

OP
OP

joejberg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick in Dec. 22'.

How could Ford justify this to the buyers who've been waiting for a year and then some.

At this juncture I don't car anymore about someone explaining dealer allocations, chip shortages, build constraints, etc... It just doesn't make sense.

Probably dealer allocation, I was the first order in line at my dealer. All 2021s had been fulfilled, so they put me at priority code 10 obviously. At that point, it was up to the luck of choosing the right options that would get me scheduled.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably dealer allocation, I was the first order in line at my dealer.
Well I was No. 5 at my dealer. I was told by the salesman that the previous four were all XL Cactus Grey Hybrids. I bucked the trend with Area 51 and a hitch and block heater.

Good for you and hopeful for me but it just doesn't make any darn sense. Enjoy the drive. I originally planned and am still thinking it will be a year from last Sept. for me.

Sponsored

Tanker64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux 360 SIBL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Congratulations!
I also ordered from Franklin Ford (when Tasca kept telling me the order banks were not open yet>>>) and they have been very easy to work with. I stopped in last week
(to add the bedliner package) and was pleasantly surprised to hear my XLT Hybrid Lux had been moved to a 10 priority and they had 3 allocations for Jan.

Tice66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic, Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Original order Jan 14, 2022. Truck is sitting a railyard 2-3 hours from my dealership and has been there over 3 weeks and counting. Original date to dealer was before Christmas..........Well? Now scheduled between Jan 7th and 13th. When complaining online my son who is a over the road trucker, informed about a trucker shortage and that the money is on food deliveries, not vehicles.
Seems to be a shortage of everything these days, my patience being one of them. Breath deep it will get here. Jan. 14th isn't that far off.........can you say 1 year anniversary

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats and Happy Mavericking!!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

My dealer honored MSRP with no add-ons (shout out to Franklin Ford). They were super easy to work with and easy to communicate with.

Best of all, I took a giant risk and sold my 2022 Jeep Gladiator back in November when I got the build date. I was banking on the fact that the market was about to go down, and I got an offer for $42,000 from a popular online company. I sold it, and have been daily driving my Porsche Boxster (with newly acquired winter tires), for the past month. I lucked out for two reasons:

2.) I checked the value on my Jeep for the hell of it, if I had kept it an extra month. It dropped almost $9,000 in value. Wow!

So happy to have the XL hybrid! Can't believe how lucky I was to get it built and shipped so quick. Time for the Boxster to go back on the lift until Spring time!
PXL_20221231_183311835.jpg
PXL_20230102_223637815.jpg
Congratulations on your Maverick! Thank you for being a part of the Ford family, and happy new year. :)

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Glad you got your truck - still - pretty dang disappointing that Ford has stated - allocations don't matter we will go by order date- and we will fulfill all rollover orders first - almost like that was a lie .... shocking.............. Maybe the Official Ford Motor Company could respond to that rather than just responding " Congratulations on your Maverick! Thank you for being a part of the Ford family, and happy new year. ;)

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

PXL_20221231_183311835.jpg
PXL_20230102_223637815.jpg
I join others in congratulating you on your new Maverick. I, too, ordered one within minutes of the order bank opening, but not a word. That is ok, not bent out of shape. Sounds like you needed yours far more than I need mine, especially since I already have one. Enjoy it like the rest of us enjoy ours.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick in Dec. 22'.

I posted in the 2021 orders thread as to what I believe happened. Not about allocations, etc. Just poor planning that got some orders jumping the lines due to dealer's not following Ford's guidelines.

The new 2023 orders that got built quickly were very lucky to be in the right place at the right time, likely by placing an order with a dealer who either had no rollover orders pending, or by a dealers who screwed over their own 2022 rollovers by failing to follow Ford's instructions and prioritize the rollovers at PC10.

Some rollovers got screwed by Ford not controlling the Priority so that they got mixed in with the new orders that dealers were told to make PC11 to 19 and not set them at PC10.

Ford figured it out by the time they got to those of us with cancelled VINs and FORD took control and made us PC2, once things got sorted out by the dealer...even then, some of those had their dealers screw up an easy process.
Sponsored