First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cruze, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have leveled and have printed several on the items that come on the micro sd card that came with it those print fine. I gotta figure out how to get the brim to stick I noticed that the brim what ever it is called on the dog that I printed that came with it uses tight zig-zags and when I print things i have sliced using Cura it is just straight lines. I think if i can get Cura to make that bed with those tight zig zags I would be golden. I think. I am now out of filament so it will be aa least a week before I print any more. I hope this makes sense and I am using the correct terminology. And as far as the build plate goes Im not 100% sure what a PEI magnetic build plate is but my build plate is magnetic
I forget about running out of filament, been printing for a long time and have 2 totes full of different colors, buy them as the come one sale on amazon, or if I need a color for a project.
For cura a settings I use the youtuber CHEP's cura settings. seem to work well for me, I still tweak for different materials, but what ever magic he did is a good starting point.

I'll make small adjustments to the height when the brim is running to get it dialed in so it is sticking, one day I'll get a probe to do this on it's own.

As to the PEI, it is a type of plastic that PLA sticks to, the one I linked too is also on spring steel which is nice for poping the prints off and I think stays flatter when on the aluminum heat bed than just the magnet and the black creality sheet. Also not sure what you mentioned as a layer of plastic to scrape off the build plate, looking at a stock one right now and not seeing anything to peal off, the smooth side should be down and print on the textured side.
Sponsored

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford F250, 15 VW Passat,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also not sure what you mentioned as a layer of plastic to scrape off the build plate, looking at a stock one right now and not seeing anything to peal off, the smooth side should be down and print on the textured side.
The first print I tried to make when the printer wasn't working right got pla smeared all over where it was supposed to print that wont peel or com off.