First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I removed the rain guards that I put on yesterday. Not a fan!! Like the look on the exterior but hated driving with them on. It was a big distraction. Oh well.
Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I removed the rain guards that I put on yesterday. Not a fan!! Like the look on the exterior but hated driving with them on. It was a big distraction. Oh well.
Yeah, I had them on a car many years ago, and didn't like the way they looked from the outside so much, m and then found I couldn't stand how they made the A-pillars seem even wider. So I never even considered putting rain guards on the Maverick...

bcoletta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I had them on a car many years ago, and didn't like the way they looked from the outside so much, m and then found I couldn't stand how they made the A-pillars seem even wider. So I never even considered putting rain guards on the Maverick...
I hate wasting them but it is what it is. If Anyone wants them, they’re yours πŸ˜‚

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally installed my Thinkware dash cam that I bought from Ford when they had the 20% off sale. The good thing about this dash cam, it plugs into the OBD so now splicing or taping into the fuse box. The problem I had was mounting the new bracket at the original OBD spot. The new bracket mounting holes didn't align up with the original bolts. I had to use one of the original bolt to hold the new bracket and use ties to tighten down the other side so it won't twist when plugging a OBD tool into it.

Pulling off the side & pillar trim was a pain. I did use lots of blue tape to cover the areas where I had to use my plastic pry tools. The plastic trim pieces scratches pretty easy. Running the wire & pulling off the trim pieces didn't take long. Just tying down the extra wire under the dash & securing the OBD bracket took a long time.

The directions for pairing up my iPhone to the dash cam and looking for which app I should be using is just terrible in my opinion. Tomorrow I will figure out how to use it.

Deleted member 23340

I installed coverado seat covers in my Maverick today. I was very impressed by the quality of them considering the price. I also put the coverado steering wheel cover on and like the feel of it over the bare slippery feeling steering wheel.

PXL_20230328_201629160.jpg

PXL_20230328_201621703.jpg

PXL_20230328_201633559.jpg
I bought the full set of these in black, but I'm finding the front headrests are extremely loose. Did yours fit right or is there a trick to making them tighter?

Sponsored

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bought the full set of these in black, but I'm finding the front headrests are extremely loose. Did yours fit right or is there a trick to making them tighter?
Yes, mine are loose as well but I honestly don't rest my head on them much at all and it doesn't bother me. I seem to remember reading somewhere were a guy just stuffed some extra padding of some sort up in them.

Deleted member 23340

Yes, mine are loose as well but I honestly don't rest my head on them much at all and it doesn't bother me. I seem to remember reading somewhere were a guy just stuffed some extra padding of some sort up in them.
Ok. I found after posting that message that that was my secondary problem.

My main problem is those little hexagon hooks are supposed to go tucked under the back part of the seat, but there's some sort of carpet cover on the back end of the seats between where you rest your back and the seat area... So the hexagon things don't go all the way through. How did you get around that?

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ok. I found after posting that message that that was my secondary problem.

My main problem is those little hexagon hooks are supposed to go tucked under the back part of the seat, but there's some sort of carpet cover on the back end of the seats between where you rest your back and the seat area... So the hexagon things don't go all the way through. How did you get around that?
That piece of fabric can be unattached and lifts up to where you can do that and then reattach it

Deleted member 23340

That piece of fabric can be unattached and lifts up to where you can do that and then reattach it
ok good to hear. I'll have to get help with that. I can't bend down under the seat anymore. Thanks for telling me...I was about to return them!

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

ok good to hear. I'll have to get help with that. I can't bend down under the seat anymore. Thanks for telling me...I was about to return them!
If I remember correctly it's like a stretchy band on either side of the seat that goes under and just wraps around a spot under the seat. You should be able to just feel your way with your hands to unhook it.

Sponsored

Deleted member 23340

If I remember correctly it's like a stretchy band on either side of the seat that goes under and just wraps around a spot under the seat. You should be able to just feel your way with your hands to unhook it.
I hear ya...but then putting it back on I would probably need to see. Maybe I can use a mirror

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finished replacement of rotting railroad ties with concrete blocks and topped with bricks . Mav bed now empty . 32 blocks ,132 bricks and 5 tubes of construction adhesive later . back is almost back to normal .

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20230405_120234

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20230408_123439

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20230408_105355

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20230414_163444

Last edited: