First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like many, I was frustrated to learn that Ford had done away with the driver's side door keypad coming standard on the Maverick for the '24 model year. I had a MY24 on order, and since I go for runs and hikes quite often, the keypad was pretty important to me. When I took delivery of my Maverick, I ordered the keypad as a dealer-installed option, however after looking online, I saw that dealerships were typically putting the now-horizontal keypad directly over the driver's door handle, on the paint of the vehicle. I thought that didn't look great, so I asked my dealer to program the keypad but leave it unstuck so I can choose its location. I settled on adhering it to the bedcap over the fuel door to blend it in with the black, like how the vertical one on the 22's and 23's do. Let me know what y'all think! I think this is a much better look for the MY24 for those who want the keypad. Photos below:

MY23 keypad example
Ford Maverick My 2024 Keypad alternate location... where's yours? 23 example

MY24 default keypad location
Ford Maverick My 2024 Keypad alternate location... where's yours? 24 example

My personal MY24 Maverick with alternate keypad location
Ford Maverick My 2024 Keypad alternate location... where's yours? badca

Ford Maverick My 2024 Keypad alternate location... where's yours? whole truck bedca
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IDK, to me anywhere you stick that thing is going to look ugly/weird. It’s a shame ford removed that feature on MY24. If you had an EB I’d put it inside the gas filler door, you just push to open those but understand hybrids don’t

SLH13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allegra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If it works for you, it doesn't really matter what people think!
If you go full service gas station the poor attendant is gonna ask for your code for the gas cap! 😂

My husband wanted a key pad, but both of us are disappointed in the stick on ones. They just look cheap. 😒

StarNut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Marvick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I should have put mine there...

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel you. I was very disappointed to learn that the MY24's will not have the factory keypad anymore, especially since they have the nerve to up the price but give you less. And I use this feature more than I thought I would. For example, if I left something in the car or if I'm detailing the interior one day, all I have to do is type my code in and that's it, I'm in. No having to search for my keys and keeping it in my pocket the whole time. I refuse to install the cheapy $200 dealer one. As others have said, it looks very tacky. I have a '24 Lariat FX4 on the way and I'll just have to live with the fact that I don't have a keypad anymore. Not a big deal but still disappointing. Thankfully my mom's '23 Bronco Sport OB still has one.

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I put mine on the plastic trim of the upper part of the C-Pillar... The plastic here is a bit recessed relative to the metal of the C-Pillar... Just thought there was less likelihood I would get any aerodynamic lift... plus the plastic is really flat at this point, giving very solid attachment with no kicked up ends...

Ford Maverick My 2024 Keypad alternate location... where's yours? SpouseApprovedKeyPadLocation

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a bad option. I wish Ford kept it and used the touch pad like on other vehicle. But, being able to use mine while wearing gloves this past weekend made me appreciate the push buttons.

SLH13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allegra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't think there are any of those left where I live.
We have a couple near me in NH. Last I knew the entire state of New Jersey was full service. You are not allowed to pump your own, unless its a semi.

Sponsored

43biggieP43

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Maverick, Mazda 5, Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since a few of you have found alternate locations for the key pad, what if any restrictions exist on where to put it? Looks Like I will have a choice to make when I get mine in a few weeks.

OP
OP
Kembi

Kembi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since a few of you have found alternate locations for the key pad, what if any restrictions exist on where to put it? Looks Like I will have a choice to make when I get mine in a few weeks.
No restrictions per the dealer, I even tested the keypad pretty far away from the truck before sticking it on and it worked fine, so anywhere on the truck is fair game.

SLH13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allegra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Correct. And IIRC, it's the only state left that still has that law, now that Oregon recently began allowing self-service.
It just makes me laugh because I pump 150 gallons of diesel by myself but not allowed to pump 15 gallons of gas. 🤦‍♀️

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid