TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you can see him! Yep, we got a little snow overnight!

Ford Maverick Finally Sharing A Pic of Pepe! IMG_20240114_085736_274

Been a light year thus far. While I sure wasn't complaining, I had that uneasy feeling that was going to change. It did.

We need the precipitation, but I'm really getting too old for this. I have 1/3 of our drive and one of our three vehicles dug out so far, and I'm plum tuckered! Yes, I dug out the Maverick first. The others can surely wait until tomorrow. More snow expected tomorrow and next week. Glad it's a holiday weekend.

Life in the Rockies! This is why AWD FX4 was important to me. Choose your weapon according to your needs.
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wow! You deserve a hot beverage and a couch!

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We need the precipitation, but I'm really getting too old for this. I have 1/3 of our drive and one of our three vehicles dug out so far, and I'm plum tuckered! Yes, I dug out the Maverick first. The others can surely wait until tomorrow. More snow expected tomorrow and next week. Glad it's a holiday weekend.
I'm right there with you on the snow removal sentiment. I thank my lucky stars our vehicles are in a garage, but the driveway and sidewalks don't clear themselves.

And the neighborhood kids never come around asking to shovel for some pocket money. I seem to remember that was a thing when I was a kid. :unsure:

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And the neighborhood kids never come around asking to shovel for some pocket money. I seem to remember that was a thing when I was a kid. :unsure:
Ya, Times have Changed... :(

Jerry

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm right there with you on the snow removal sentiment. I thank my lucky stars our vehicles are in a garage, but the driveway and sidewalks don't clear themselves.

Are there actually kids in your neighborhood?
Ya, Times have Changed... :(

Jerry
This is an unfortunate outcome of the housing affordability crisis.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you can see him! Yep, we got a little snow overnight!

IMG_20240114_085736_274.jpg

Been a light year thus far. While I sure wasn't complaining, I had that uneasy feeling that was going to change. It did.

Life in the Rockies! This is why AWD FX4 was important to me. Choose your weapon according to your needs.
Our son just flew back to northern Michigan from visiting us in South Carolina. They got about 15" of new snow from the storm and lake effect. Don't miss the snow at all in retirement :)

WildGrok

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
terrifying pics ... for me ... floridian complaining about 54 degrees today ... brrrr :sick:

Last edited:

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I feel your pain(s). Bought my Maverick because with the back issues I have it was both easier and safer to get in/out of.
Of course, we get a storm here this weekend and snowblower decides it wants to sit this one out. Twenty years ago it would have just been a nuisance, but now it's literally a pain in the....

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our son just flew back to northern Michigan from visiting us in South Carolina. They got about 15" of new snow from the storm and lake effect. Don't miss the snow at all in retirement :)
My wife turns 62 tomorrow and retires in June. I have to continue to work until we both can get on Medicare.

She's been rubbing it in for months now.

So...........I'm thinking she can do the shoveling next winter. Haa!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailMaster

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel your pain(s). Bought my Maverick because with the back issues I have it was both easier and safer to get in/out of.
Of course, we get a storm here this weekend and snowblower decides it wants to sit this one out. Twenty years ago it would have just been a nuisance, but now it's literally a pain in the....
Definitely! This stuff is wet and heavy too. Another day on the drive, then digging a trail to the woodpile. Roof is needing to be shoveled too.

Chronic back issues here as well, and hips are acting up a bit too lately. Was even wearing my big velcro back stabilizer belt today.

As Jeff D said, neighborhood kids wanting to earn some spending money are non-existent nowadays. I remember years ago they used to even advertise in the classifieds but no more.

Anyway, it is a dilemma. With my drive it is literally difficult to find a place to put the snow when we get this much.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This weather is why I went full Tremor!!

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Imagine this weather, and some dullard is still riding your bumper in a lifted wrangler wanting you to speed in a blizzard, wait... that's just life in Utah.

CD_SM

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6 '06
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As Jeff D said, neighborhood kids wanting to earn some spending money are non-existent nowadays. I remember years ago they used to even advertise in the classifieds but no more.
Don't blame the kids. Blame the patents that have them programmed to within an inch of their lives, with zero free time to be entrepreneurial, let alone to just be kids.
2-3 sports, plus tutoring, plus robotics club ... in middle school.
Sponsored