First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmmm. I sort of feel like Oxford white doesn't really need its own color thread on the forum.

"Well what does Oxford white look like 🤔"

"Um have you ever seen a white pick up truck before?"

"Yeah! 😃"

"Well there ya go."
Sponsored

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my 4 ford vans were white, my ranger was white, my jeep was white, my colorado was white, my honda fit was white, my wifes fiat is white..... its only natural for me that my XL maverick be white.

Reactions: SBB

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
which paint code is Maverick Oxford White? I know there's a visible difference between the different codes, one is a little more creamy and the other is bright white

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I needed just a little more color. Not a fan of dark colors that look dirty the day after you wash them.
Ford Maverick OXFORD WHITE Maverick Photos / Club E4D022D2-F9F0-40DE-847A-B0B253B08ADF

Sponsored

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
I needed just a little more color. Not a fan of dark colors that look dirty the day after you wash them.
E4D022D2-F9F0-40DE-847A-B0B253B08ADF.jpeg
Good Point. I wash my rigs about once every five years, whether they need it or not!

I've got a strong bias and think the Mav looks great in any color. Iridescent rust would be beautiful!
Ordered Area 51 and think I may actually take care of it.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XLT yesterday. My wife is a fan of "Area 51." However, as I explained to her..."White just looks... Right."

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
God, I love it in Oxford White but there's no way in hell I'm driving a white pickup in Florida.
Please forgive me ignorance, but why?

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I jumped ship. I do love the looks of the Oxford White with blacking out. However, after having a Red 2016 Colorado (which I just sold) I decided I just couldn’t do white only. So, I went with Cactus Gray. The dealership had both a Bronco and Ranger in the Cactus Gray and that Gray/Greenish/Bluish Hue blacked out is going to be bad ass.

Sponsored

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Please forgive me ignorance, but why?
The volatile weather. In the span of 30 minutes, it will torrentially downpour, then the sun comes out, you're driving through nasty puddles and then everything that splashed on your white vehicle is now drying in the brutal sun. Sure, that will happen in any color, but it will show more in white.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The volatile weather. In the span of 30 minutes, it will torrentially downpour, then the sun comes out, you're driving through nasty puddles and then everything that splashed on your white vehicle is now drying in the brutal sun. Sure, that will happen in any color, but it will show more in white.
That logic makes sense. In practice, a co-worker of mine had a white Tacoma and explained, "actually, white shows spots LESS and looks cleaner for longer."

🤷‍♂️ I guess I'll find out.

I also hope white makes it feel cooler in north Texas. 👍👍

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Understand your concerns. First, let me tell you I hate a White vehicle. Like @balucipher said, there are too many of that color in existence in Florida. Plus my primary reason is it is such a blah color. There just isn't anything there. My wife LOVES a White vehicle. Sooo, we have a White Lexus, commonly termed the Garage Queen.

I retired in May 2019 and had no hobbies. I've worked and traveled all around the world. I've been away from home for so long I just didn't have a hobby. So when I retired I started keeping my vehicles (2) clean and looking good. So that's what I do. I only have one vehicle now until the White Maverick arrives. I love a Yellow vehicle and have even wrapped a few in my day. But I've found the complete opposite of your text above. True, mud will get on a white vehicle but the only place I ever see it is on top of the rear bumper just below the trunk. Nowhere else. Of course my vehicles are all ceramic coated which helps a lot. Stuff just doesn't stay on it long, it blows off so fast due to the beading. But I totally understand.

Believe me, I did not want a White Maverick. I've had all of the colors and Yellow wasn't available. I've almost changed my order to Orange but I've decided on the white and will hang with it. If I get to where I can't stand it anymore, I'll have it wrapped.

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Understand your concerns. First, let me tell you I hate a White vehicle. Like @balucipher said, there are too many of that color in existence in Florida. Plus my primary reason is it is such a blah color. There just isn't anything there. My wife LOVES a White vehicle. Sooo, we have a White Lexus, commonly termed the Garage Queen.

I retired in May 2019 and had no hobbies. I've worked and traveled all around the world. I've been away from home for so long I just didn't have a hobby. So when I retired I started keeping my vehicles (2) clean and looking good. So that's what I do. I only have one vehicle now until the White Maverick arrives. I love a Yellow vehicle and have even wrapped a few in my day. But I've found the complete opposite of your text above. True, mud will get on a white vehicle but the only place I ever see it is on top of the rear bumper just below the trunk. Nowhere else. Of course my vehicles are all ceramic coated which helps a lot. Stuff just doesn't stay on it long, it blows off so fast due to the beading. But I totally understand.

Believe me, I did not want a White Maverick. I've had all of the colors and Yellow wasn't available. I've almost changed my order to Orange but I've decided on the white and will hang with it. If I get to where I can't stand it anymore, I'll have it wrapped.
Thanks for the input. I've been very curious about the ceramic coating, as I've never used it before but really, really want to take care of this Maverick. What would you say it costs to have done, and how often should it be reapplied? Thanks!
Sponsored