Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I thought everything would be easy when I wanted to install the Jeep hardtop wiper blade/washer control after I got rid of the soft top...had to buy a new turn signal stalk (with additional wiring) along with installing a vinyl hose from the engine bay reservoir all the way to the back glass on the hardtop...

Needless to say that I punted that idea after opening the parts box -- sold the parts to someone else, and Jeep hardtop has no wiper blade/washer access (to this day)
If it is a TJ there is actually a Jeep factory Kit for that including jug, and wiring harness - JK not sure :) .
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a believer, but you do have a knack for performance art sir!
Probably not a chance in today's market but if you know what you want and don't want, you have to try. I did not get what I wanted but made an hybrid XLT and added the lux package to get two or three things else which made the remainder unneeded ones so cheap, I just took it. Then to top it off since the lux package had constraints, I went six weeks later and ordered a second one without the lux package plus the 4 pin receiver and a couple other things. Both at MSRP as I am too old to spend two weeks to buy something. Now I am starting to wish they would close the order book as the 2.0 AWD XLT 4K TOW is starting to honk it's horn. The wife has agreed to drive one of the two I have ordered so it's covered. If I buy the third then I would have to offer the spare one to my son or daughter so I might need to buy an additional spare if they both want one. Aaaaaarrrrrrgggg.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doesn't XM need Sync to work? I'm not aware of any Ford with XM unless it also has Sync.

If adding a Sync module requires a BCM swap or activation, how will you work around that?

I would really like Sync.
No, XM does not need sync in order to work, but without it you will not have voice control. Although, I understand that through CarPlay you can use the voice control button on the steering wheel to access SiriusXM through your iPhone. Same for Android.

There are a number of ways to add SiriusXM to the XL. If the audio input through the USB doesn't allow control of a SiriusXM module, then there are other options. There are SiriusXM radios that have FM inline or broadcast input. Depending on where you live and the number of FM stations in your area, whether you want to go this route. I suggest extensive research.

The SiriusXM Tour 360 is intriguing and has voice control, with bluetood, FM, or aux input. The reviews for this radio are certainly mixed, so if anyone considers buying it, make sure you do so from an outlet that allows free returns. Here is a link for research. https://shop.siriusxm.com/radios/vehicle/?intcmp=SHOP-HP-PROMO1. The drawback for these satellite radios is that that all come with a separate screen to add somewhere on the dash. If you like one of these then they can be purchased other places cheaper...Crutchfield has a $50 rebate on the Tour 360. The Commander is a low cost option.

I would like to be able to control siriusXM with the regular audio controls but I assume that capability is a ways off. So, I'm seriously considering adding the Tour 360 and trying it's various output features. I'm hope the bluetooth output works best. The module hides behind the dash and the screen I plan on putting where the 12V outlet is located and direct wire to the power circuit. I will add 12V outlets in front of the storage bin on the console using the circuits at the rear of the console. You can control it with voice by punching the voice button on the Tour 360 screen. A remote control can be purchased for about $10.00.

There are modules that also work with the USB input or a 1/8" mini stereo to USB adapter. As far as I know these have not been test with the XL radio.

If you are patient, the aftermarket parts manufacturers will find several solutions for the XL that might be better.

Here is a photo of Tour 360 output formats. By the way, it is 4.7" Wide x 2.9" high x .7" deep without the vehicle doc.

Ford Maverick Cruise control add-on 1635868958731

Here is a question about Ford Pass on the Best Buy website.

Q: Questionwill it work with Ford pass
Asked 11 months ago by rodmar2.

• A:Answer Yes, this radio will work with your vehicle using either a Bluetooth, Aux-In or FM channel preset. We recommend Geek Squad installation for optimal performance and an integrated look.
    Answered 9 months ago by SiriusXMProductExpert
Here is a photo of the remote control which clearly shows a microphone for voice access.

Ford Maverick Cruise control add-on 1635870460138

Hope all this stuff is helpful.

My Velocity Blue XL is due 11/13 - 11/19. Give me a few days and I will post my results with the Tour 360, unless a better option presents itself. Anyway, that's my 2-cents worth, but of course with today's inflation, I'm really not sure what it's worth.

Last edited:

Richlizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford escape
My story. I had a 2007 E350 box truck without factory cruise. I obtained a used steering wheel with cruise buttons and installed it. NO GO. Upon further research, I found out I had to replace the "clock spring" in the steering column. That is the part that connects the steering wheel to the electrical harness in the steering column. I installed a new clock spring along with the used steering wheel. NO GO. I had to have the dealer then reprogram the ECM and then everything worked as it should.
The point is, adding switches may not make the cruise work. It may be more complicated than that. Time will tell.

Ordered Hybrid Lariat Luxury 360 Hot Pepper Red on 8-23. Probably be next spring before I get it. No hurry, I'm 70 and have had to wait for everything my whole life. It will get here when it gets here. No Biggy.
Learn to have patience.

GraeyTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q5 hybrid, jzx90, Maverick
I really want the XL over the XLT, but I absolutely need to have cruise control. Suggestions?
Totally agree. I wanted the lariat features but hated the brown. Then the xlt had a cool interior but didn’t have some of the features I really wanted. So F it I’ll get nothing. Xl awd tow 360 here since power mirrors were a must

Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any updates on cruise for the XL @wsimmonsVOXX ?
Nothing yet. We can't find a Maverick with any of our local dealers that haven't already been handed over to their pre-order customers and our attempts to travel out of state to get hands-on with one, offering to give free product to look one over, etc..., have come up empty.

The cruise system will be along eventually when we can find one.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing yet. We can't find a Maverick with any of our local dealers that haven't already been handed over to their pre-order customers and our attempts to travel out of state to get hands-on with one, offering to give free product to look one over, etc..., have come up empty.

The cruise system will be along eventually when we can find one.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
If you haven't got one by the time I get my hybrid XL, I'll be in touch. Mine was built one month ago today. It's sitting in Mexico waiting for the stars to align so it can get on a train to North Carolina.

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you haven't got one by the time I get my hybrid XL, I'll be in touch. Mine was built one month ago today. It's sitting in Mexico waiting for the stars to align so it can get on a train to North Carolina.
That would be great and I appreciate the offer. We have dealers offering to let us use one before delivery to a customer but when I ask when the trucks will be delivered they can't say for sure.

My hybrid is on the back burner along with everyone else.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

Sponsored

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, everyone! Quick update - we have a Maverick owner coming into our offices the first week of December so we can get our development underway for an add-on cruise control system for the EcoBoost model. With any luck we'll have an installation video and instructions by the end of that week for everyone to see and then we should have product to begin shipping before Christmas time.

Stay tuned for more and thanks for your patience!

And thanks to Joseph N. and the team at Keller Bros. Ford in PA for putting us in contact with their customer. https://www.kbford.com/

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, everyone! Quick update - we have a Maverick owner coming into our offices the first week of December so we can get our development underway for an add-on cruise control system for the EcoBoost model. With any luck we'll have an installation video and instructions by the end of that week for everyone to see and then we should have product to begin shipping before Christmas time.

And thanks to Joseph N. and the team at Keller Bros. Ford in PA for putting us in contact with their customer. https://www.kbford.com/

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
Good deal. now once the hybrids start rolling out, you'll have to find someone with one of those or will the same setup work for both?

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good deal. now once the hybrids start rolling out, you'll have to find someone with one of those or will the same setup work for both?
We'll have to verify on the vehicle but hopefully with having ordered one for myself this one should be faster.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

Mas280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We'll have to verify on the vehicle but hopefully with having ordered one for myself this one should be faster.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

That's good news and will buy a kit as soon as its available. I tried contacting you about using my truck.

Sinner

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD 2.0l
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
Great news! Switched to an XL after hearing this news. Is there a way to get on a list to purchase when they come out?
Sponsored