Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Thank to OC-D Dylan for alerting us to the Ventura, CA XL delivery! These shots aren't great as they were just moving it to prep for delivery when I got there, but they were kind enough to let me measure and shoot. Kudos to [email protected] for low key, no pressure, very accommodating, and no markup!

These photos are for those wanting to figure out a tonneau/rack combo. Note the first shots - there's just over 2" of bedrail width inside of the cab to bedrail junction - seems awfully tight and unlikely for an over rail tonneau, unless it's notched to fit around it. I'm going with inside the rails Extang Exceed hard trifold, paired with the Elevate TS 56" rails (with tie-downs) which are 2 1/2" wide and will require a trim and some light grinding to custom fit all the way into the corner. But I think that's necessary in order for the tonneau rails to mount evenly. Lastly, the gap from bedrail to sidewall is 1", very tight for bolt-on racks, make sure any clamps will fit in a 1" slot.

I'll add the Elevate telescoping rack when it becomes available - at the lowest setting stuff on top will just clear the cab, but you raise them if you want more bed or cab clearance.

Yes, the inside of the box is full of spot welds and some funky filler as seen here. But let's stay on topic about the functional part - as far as I'm concerned there will be a tonneau so a pristine inside of the box is meaningless. Or put in a liner, or spray it, or whatever. It's a truck. And a damn fine buy for $20k with 40mpg. And no, don't tell me all about your Ecoboost at 25! This is just about tonneau/rack.

Ford Maverick Maverick Bedrail Photos & Dimensions for Tonneau + Rack Combo (with cab height measurement) Bedrail Width

Ford Maverick Maverick Bedrail Photos & Dimensions for Tonneau + Rack Combo (with cab height measurement) Bedrail Curve

Ford Maverick Maverick Bedrail Photos & Dimensions for Tonneau + Rack Combo (with cab height measurement) Cab Height

Ford Maverick Maverick Bedrail Photos & Dimensions for Tonneau + Rack Combo (with cab height measurement) Bedrail Length

Ford Maverick Maverick Bedrail Photos & Dimensions for Tonneau + Rack Combo (with cab height measurement) TS Rail
Sponsored

SiLence

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the details!
Do you think if the "Bak X4s + Elevated TS rail" is going to work/fit with the factory bed rails?
This combo is what I plan to go with for my Maverick.

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you confirm your measurement from top of bed rail to highest pt on roof? From the photo it looks like 16-17", but angle of camera may be deceiving me?

I was calculating 68.7-(30.1+20.3)=18.3" based on media.ford.com specifications:
Vehicle Height Maximum = 68.7"
Bed Lift-in Height = 30.1"
Box Rail to Box floor depth = 20.3

I am also trying to plan for a bed rack height that will clear the roof with lumber or kayak on top. Debating if rack will be mounted on to bed rails directly, or if i will also have a T-slot tonneau sitting under a rack.

mcarneybsa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Can you confirm your measurement from top of bed rail to highest pt on roof? From the photo it looks like 16-17", but angle of camera may be deceiving me?

I was calculating 68.7-(30.1+20.3)=18.3" based on media.ford.com specifications:

I am also trying to plan for a bed rack height that will clear the roof with lumber or kayak on top. Debating if rack will be mounted on to bed rails directly, or if i will also have a T-slot tonneau sitting under a rack.
I tried to get the same measurement when I was able to see one. It's a bit tricky because the roof seems to slope up to the middle a bit and the bed rails have that plastic trim that prevents you from getting right up to the cab.

From my notes I had written 16-17" for that measurement. I'm going to go with 18" to be safe. I'm going to custom fabricate a bed rack with a cantilever over the cab. I'd like to have 3-4" of clearance over the cab so I can sling kayak/SUP paddles under the rack with the boats/boards on top. I'm definitely going to wait until I have my maverick in hand before building anything (hopefully I'll have it mid-december based on the schedule date), but I figure it will probably be 21" tall from the bed rails.

OP
OP
KGillies

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the details!
Do you think if the "Bak X4s + Elevated TS rail" is going to work/fit with the factory bed rails?
This combo is what I plan to go with for my Maverick.
It'll all depend on the clamps - there's only a 1" bedrail flange to sidwall gap. I went with Extang Exceed... but waiting on confirmation. Looks to me like all inside-the-rail tonneau will be dependent on the clamps, and all over-the-rail can't be much more than 57" wide or so...

Sponsored

OP
OP
KGillies

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I didn't have any time to set up, so I just had to hold the tape and shoot with the phone, so parallax is there. it's about 16" at the edge but domes up 1 1/2" or so. 18" minimum for clearance. I'm planning on the Elevate telescoping rack so I can pop it up over the antenna if necessary, but down out of the wind most of the time.

There's only a 1" bedrail flange to sidewall gap, so most bolt on or clamp on racks aren't gonna work - I've had lots of TracRacs which are great but I think the clamps are too big. Ford didn't do handy guys any favors with this one. Then if you want a tonneau, I've only found 1 combo that I think will work: Elevate + Extang (or very similar).

I think the bedrail height was a little lower - closer to 49", but that might vary between 2wd & AWD. That photo had worse parallax so I didn't post it.

Trickryder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Radrunner Ebike Monaco Motorhome
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is the height to the top of the hitch to the ground? Anyone drop a knee and looked underneath at the springs with the 4 k package the blood and guts of it all got a text message from the dealership that the xlt is going to be in my possession on or around the 22nd of October

SiLence

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I didn't have any time to set up, so I just had to hold the tape and shoot with the phone, so parallax is there. it's about 16" at the edge but domes up 1 1/2" or so. 18" minimum for clearance. I'm planning on the Elevate telescoping rack so I can pop it up over the antenna if necessary, but down out of the wind most of the time.

There's only a 1" bedrail flange to sidewall gap, so most bolt on or clamp on racks aren't gonna work - I've had lots of TracRacs which are great but I think the clamps are too big. Ford didn't do handy guys any favors with this one. Then if you want a tonneau, I've only found 1 combo that I think will work: Elevate + Extang (or very similar).

I think the bedrail height was a little lower - closer to 49", but that might vary between 2wd & AWD. That photo had worse parallax so I didn't post it.
This is a decent view of the clamps clearing the rails, with factory hard roll up (looks like Bak X4). Gives me more confidence that the X4s would fit.

Ford Maverick Maverick Bedrail Photos & Dimensions for Tonneau + Rack Combo (with cab height measurement) 1633131212554
Sponsored