First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are all kinds of groups here - Alto Blue Club, Carbonized Gray Club, 600 Mi Per Tank Club, etc. Since there are a ton of folks up in years, why not get a sub-group of us older folks? While younger people are doing mods to add racks, lower, raise, etc. us older folks are looking for a step ladder to use to get up in the truck bed. While younger folks are installing a tent in the back, us old codgers are installing a rocking chair in the back LOL. While younger folks are in the mud and snow playing, us old folks are under a shade tree in our rocking chairs asleep. Obviously, not totally accurate because some older people are still going wide open, but some of us no longer wish to crawl under a truck and change oil.

There are always a ton of posts from older owners. If you are an Advanced Middle Age person, let's get aboard of the A M A C. No age set, but probably 65+.
Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

65+ is post-Middle Aged, though. Middle aged is usually defined as 45-65.

If you're past 65, yer just "old." 😆

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There are all kinds of groups here - Alto Blue Club, Carbonized Gray Club, 600 Mi Per Tank Club, etc. Since there are a ton of folks up in years, why not get a sub-group of us older folks? While younger people are doing mods to add racks, lower, raise, etc. us older folks are looking for a step ladder to use to get up in the truck bed. While younger folks are installing a tent in the back, us old codgers are installing a rocking chair in the back LOL. While younger folks are in the mud and snow playing, us old folks are under a shade tree in our rocking chairs asleep. Obviously, not totally accurate because some older people are still going wide open, but some of us no longer wish to crawl under a truck and change oil.

There are always a ton of posts from older owners. If you are an Advanced Middle Age person, let's get aboard of the A M A C. No age set, but probably 65+.
Well I am 69 years old, But I am doing all the things you say the young people are doing .So I guess I had better not sign up ! Also ride duel sport motorcycle all the time in the summer ,so that must really disqualify me . You only live once ,get out of your rocking chair .

AGW078

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well I am 69 years old, But I am doing all the things you say the young people are doing .So I guess I had better not sign up ! Also ride duel sport motorcycle all the time in the summer ,so that must really disqualify me . You only live once ,get out of your rocking chair .
Totally agree, I'm 71 and am still active compared to most. 27 years in the army, former teacher and LEO, off-roaded from the NJ Pine Barens to the Rockies: and ride my motorcycle year round. So please don't blanket categorize. Just enjoy your maverick whatever you choose to do and however young or old you are.

Ford Maverick A M A C !! (Advanced Middle Age Club) Truck

Ford Maverick A M A C !! (Advanced Middle Age Club) IMG_6910

Sponsored

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly I do. I still work about 50 hours per week at age 76. Just having fun with people because everybody thinks I should retire and sit at home in rocking chair.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I want to piggyback on to this grouping thing here. Any other redheads who also ordered Hot Pepper Red? Meeting for our group will be held in a bright sunny area where we can show off our orange trucks. However there will be a big shade tree we can all hide under!

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to piggyback on to this grouping thing here. Any other redheads who also ordered Hot Pepper Red? Meeting for our group will be held in a bright sunny area where we can show off our orange trucks. However there will be a big shade tree we can all hide under!
Not sure how those hot pepper red Mavericks would do in the sunshine. I assume everyone there will be wearing DARK sunglasses so that there will be no damage to the eyes, right? When I was a kid, I bought a 55 Chevy that was bright red. My old dad told me it was a good looking car, but he had better never hear I was showing out, or I would pay a price. You guessed it, I had to drag race and word got back to my dad. He asked to borrow my car, and I did not think anything about it until I came in from school and found a throw-up pale green 58 God-awful ugly 58 6 cyl automatic Ford. He had me the keys and said "burn rubber in that one, son." Hard lesson learned.

Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, I fit your 65+ group, but I'm not ready for the rocking chair yet. I never bought a motorcycle when I was younger cause I knew from some early off road riding, I would have killed myself on it. Today with the crowded roads, where can you ride without someone else knocking you off. I still enjoy my Foxbody 5.0 convertible and my Seadoos. I don't think I act my age, but many times I feel it.

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I fit your 65+ group, but I'm not ready for the rocking chair yet. I never bought a motorcycle when I was younger cause I knew from some early off road riding, I would have killed myself on it. Today with the crowded roads, where can you ride without someone else knocking you off. I still enjoy my Foxbody 5.0 convertible and my Seadoos. I don't think I act my age, but many times I feel it.
Good for you. I hope you know I was just joking. I am 76, work 50 hours per week and recently sold my jet skis when we moved to another town with nothing close to ride them. Told someone yesterday my goal is to keep my 23 Maverick for 4 years, then trade it in on a 27 Maverick.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not sure how those hot pepper red Mavericks would do in the sunshine. I assume everyone there will be wearing DARK sunglasses so that there will be no damage to the eyes, right? When I was a kid, I bought a 55 Chevy that was bright red. My old dad told me it was a good looking car, but he had better never hear I was showing out, or I would pay a price. You guessed it, I had to drag race and word got back to my dad. He asked to borrow my car, and I did not think anything about it until I came in from school and found a throw-up pale green 58 God-awful ugly 58 6 cyl automatic Ford. He had me the keys and said "burn rubber in that one, son." Hard lesson learned.
So the next week you went and found a Y-block out of a wrecked T-bird and Toploader from a Galaxie then did a orange and yellow speckle job over that green???

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the next week you went and found a Y-block out of a wrecked T-bird and Toploader from a Galaxie then did a orange and yellow speckle job over that green???
No sir, I parked two blocks away from the Hight School campus because I was embarrassed to drive that thing. Looking back, my dad taught me a lesson I never forgot. Since it had to be in his name, even though I paid for it, but was not 18 to get a title in my name, I was stuck with it until I hit 18. When I did, you can probably guess what I did. - bought a 57 Chevy 2 Dr. Hardtop with the old Powerpack engine in it. Kept it a couple of years, then married, went to college and had to grow up quickly.

Helen8437

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Helen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That's not fair! I'm always too young or too old.....63-1/2! Please.....
Sponsored