First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll throw my hat into the A/C happy fest. My last Ranger's A/C ran flawlessly for 18 years without ever needing a recharge. Of course up here it didn't get used as much as you tropical guys but still a very good system with zero issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Distracto

Distracto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree, AC is very good. My son's 2008 Honda Civic alternator failed Sunday night on the Southern State parkway, Valley Stream, NY. It was so great waiting in the hybrid Mav for the AAA tow truck to arrive. Kept us cool waiting, my 6 year old granddaughter was a real trooper :) Engine would kick on about every 15 minutes otherwise AC running on electric! Just so amazing.
I picked up my Mav in March. How is the heat? All the Fords I've ever owned had good heating/cooling systems. Our Hondas are adequate but the Fords are much better IMHO.
You know, I had never even thought about the heat.. I'm in FL tho so not many opportunities.. but I do love idling in park with the ac blowing.. we'll all have to find out come this winter

Last edited:

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I couldn't agree more. What I'm more impressed with is the amount of fan speeds. Seven to be exact, at least on my Lariat. I've never been in a vehicle that didn't have more than four-five fan speeds until the Maverick. It's wonderful! Being in South Florida, ice cold air is a must! It works so well I've only put it on full blast a handful of times. It's so efficient on low speeds, my average being 2 to 3. One of the times on full blast was last August when we had some scorching hot days with temps in the high 90s with a heat index of 110. Most other days, low speeds are very adequate. Oh, and cloudy days, forget about it! Either keep it on 1 or turn up the temperature because it will literally turn into an ice box with no sun beating on it! Not that it's a bad thing. 😁

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...the new Fords will freeze you out.
the wife's 05 Escape needed one coolant top off in 15yrs my F150 is good going on 13yrs.
The old ones were good, too. My '97 F-150 A/C would freeze you outta the cab in no time flat, even in 100°+ weather. And in over 22 years of ownership, I never had to do anything to the A/C - didn't even have to add refrigerant.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heat works great for a hybrid, only 10 mins to warmup in coldest weather I have had, took an hour for a Prius to reach warm temps during our mini ice age event in Texas 3 winters ago. Have a electric heater and inverter for ultra cold days for my Prius. Got the optional Maverick inverter just in case but never used it for heat as planned.

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Most powerful Air Conditioner Ever.

Measured it at 4500 watts in the Hybrid.
That's 6 Horsepower for you EB folks assuming it's of similar capability.

A wall unit for a house is 1800 watts.

The air vents will blow your hair back like a supermodel commercial. No joke.

In central CA I never use higher than fan speed 3.

🥶

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

But.... cruising at a modest constant 55 mph on level ground only requires about 18 horsepower.

A/C if on MAXIMUM setting will be using one-third more gasoline. (In both engines since the hybrid has to recharge via gasoline.)

Power demands are less at the lower settings, and can be as low as 1 horsepower.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, on our 5 day trip, it was 95-105 degrees every day. Never had max on, or needed the fan more than half way. Most of the time the AC was on 1-3 lights lit. Very effective.

OP
OP
Distracto

Distracto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So after installing the perimeter plus remote start system I had a mind to get the extra long range super duper antenna, thinking it'd be the final step in optimizing the summer errand/grocery experience (ford claims it gives you a range of "up to" 2,500 feet, but you have to also buy a separate $115 long range fob) Well after another week of getting used to things, I think I'm starting to conclude that the remote start a/c running full blast (or whatever auto decides to set it at) is so good, I think I really just need the time it takes to walk up to the truck from the point I can see the tail lights flashing.. that's like.. 30 seconds.. maybe 40, 50 feet? It's cold enough for me by that point. Anything else and I could just fiddle with the app

Sponsored
OP
OP
Distracto

Distracto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most powerful Air Conditioner Ever.

Measured it at 4500 watts in the Hybrid.
That's 6 Horsepower for you EB folks assuming it's of similar capability.

A wall unit for a house is 1800 watts.

The air vents will blow your hair back like a supermodel commercial. No joke.

In central CA I never use higher than fan speed 3.

🥶
4500 watts? That's awesome.. is that 4,500 watts at full blast?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Full blast AC sounds like a helicopter taking off. Lol, never expected 4.5K thats nuts, must be sized for a much larger Vehicle, but as a ‘off the shelf’ composition Truck makes sense. It can always cycle down.
Wonder if we can keep ice cream frozen for like a mobile deep freeze.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in Alabama, Land o' Heat and Humidity, and the Mav AC about freezes me out of the truck. I think I've only ever turned the fan beyond the lowest setting once.
Sponsored