First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I literally can never complain about waiting for my maverick after reading your story.
Sure you can! Thats never stopped anybody! lol

If anything, just hope it helps keep the faith…its coming. You’ll love it.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered this Maverick in July of 2021…

2022 First Edition, Hybrid

It took until 4/8/2022 to get scheduled…It was re-scheduled 6 times — finally getting built on 7/5/2022…

It then sat in Mexico for a month waiting a shipment schedule, which it received on 8/3/2022.

…which was then re-scheduled 5 times…

It finally arrived at my dealer on Columbus day…10/10/2022. I went the moment the wheels touched Texas pavement to take delivery…

Only to find (after 5 hours and all the paper work complete) that the vehicle could not be sold to me due to the side airbag recall. And that I would have to wait until parts were available to do the recall…

…so, I waited ANOTHER 3-4 months while it sat in my dealer’s show room. I would visit it several times a week and dream…

— But I finally made it. It took 568 days…but I’ve now had it for two weeks, and I love it so much.
789466F9-2CE8-4DB3-A2A7-5259A8B408A1.jpeg

3EC0A880-655E-46B9-BA7C-8EF31BE2E000.jpeg

DC3001D8-DF72-4F46-9954-ECCA7775EA79.jpeg

A22B81B7-7B8C-4FDD-8EF8-B7E662957CF7.jpeg

2BD7E079-33F3-4785-B762-957D65279AA5.jpeg
Josh, man that is some patience. Not sure where you got your handle - Ravenstill, but it sure reminds me of Edgar Allen Poe's poem - The Raven. I had to memorize and quote that thing in High School. Maybe you should name your Maverick - Lenoir from the poem. One line I remember says, "tis the wind and nothing more." Guess that was your feeling each time you thought you would have your Mav. Enjoy your Mav and watch out for dust storms.

".

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WOW, what a journey. Congratulations

OP
OP
Ravenstill

Ravenstill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Josh, man that is some patience. Not sure where you got your handle - Ravenstill, but it sure reminds me of Edgar Allen Poe's poem - The Raven. I had to memorize and quote that thing in High School. Maybe you should name your Maverick - Lenoir from the poem. One line I remember says, "tis the wind and nothing more." Guess that was your feeling each time you thought you would have your Mav. Enjoy your Mav and watch out for dust storms.

".
That’s exactly where it comes from (mostly)…I have a degree in literature.

…the truck, however, I call “Little Brother” in honor of my late Grandmother who used to have one of the old small rangers which she called that. She loved that little truck and it served her well.

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s exactly where it comes from (mostly)…I have a degree in literature.

…the truck, however, I call “Little Brother” in honor of my late Grandmother who used to have one of the old small rangers which she called that. She loved that little truck and it served her well.
Fantastic choice in honor of loved one. I am an Advanced Middle Aged citizen and glad to have gone to HS and College when they still taught something. I taught HS English for a number of years before retiring for health reasons - I was starving to death LOL.

If you ever find yourself in Wichita Falls area, let me know and we can get together. I am located in Bowie - between WF and Decatur.

OP
OP
Ravenstill

Ravenstill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fantastic choice in honor of loved one. I am an Advanced Middle Aged citizen and glad to have gone to HS and College when they still taught something. I taught HS English for a number of years before retiring for health reasons - I was starving to death LOL.

If you ever find yourself in Wichita Falls area, let me know and we can get together. I am located in Bowie - between WF and Decatur.
Sure thing. :)

rudedog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT, 2013 Toyota Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, OK I'll stop complaining now. I've only been waiting 497 days. Well, maybe I won't...

Ferdinand

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, Josh! That was a looooong wait!
That's really a good story. Congratulation that she finally got home,
Mine took 15 month and 1 day to get her home !! More or less same time frame for order - production, but no airback recall.

OP
OP
Ravenstill

Ravenstill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, OK I'll stop complaining now. I've only been waiting 497 days. Well, maybe I won't...
I never stopped…no reason you should! Lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ravenstill

Ravenstill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's really a good story. Congratulation that she finally got home,
Mine took 15 month and 1 day to get her home !! More or less same time frame for order - production, but no airback recall.
Yea, quite a few FEs were that way…I think they crunched us all in at the end when they saw production was gonna have to short-straw some folk. I was really glad to have the FE package at that point.

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeouch! They should have changed the name to Last Edition. The Mav I show in videos on my channel took 7 months and back then I thought I set the wait record. Sorry Josh!

mparmenter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hrv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did I read somewhere that Ford sends a letter out to customers waiting for there mav?

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe I'm a bit too literal in my way of thinking....

But ordering a 1st Edition of Something kind of implies that you will be 1 of the first to receive said object. You were not treated well. Definitely a patient person.