First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a 2012 Escape and when I would drive it distance, I found myself being so stiff when I got out. The seats in that vehicle were not comfortable. I upgraded to a 2014 Edge Limited and I like those seats. What I'm afraid of with this vehicle is resuming my horror of crampy not comfortable seats. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of the seats in the Lariat in terms of their comfort for us taller guys who might be carrying a little extra.
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a 2012 Escape and when I would drive it distance, I found myself being so stiff when I got out. The seats in that vehicle were not comfortable. I upgraded to a 2014 Edge Limited and I like those seats. What I'm afraid of with this vehicle is resuming my horror of crampy not comfortable seats. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of the seats in the Lariat in terms of their comfort for us taller guys who might be carrying a little extra.
Here is a video of a husband and wife team in Canada reviewing a hybrid Escape against a Rav4. They drive a 200 kilometer (124 miles) route and no complaints about the seats.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a video of a husband and wife team in Canada reviewing a hybrid Escape against a Rav4. They drive a 200 kilometer (124 miles) route and no complaints about the seats.
This above is assuming that since the Escape and Maverick are on the same platform that the seats will be similar too.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I always look for adjustable lumber support in my new vehicles since I have a cranky back that starts each day stiff and requires work to loosen up. It can get really bad on long trips too if seats suck and I don't stop to stretch enough. Fortunately the Mav has lumbar adjustment even in the XL (y)

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If they are that bad I'm sure they can be swapped with another car, of have an upholstery guy add some padding

Sponsored

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
I always look for adjustable lumber support in my new vehicles since I have a cranky back that starts each day stiff and requires work to loosen up. It can get really bad on long trips too if seats suck and I don't stop to stretch enough. Fortunately the Mav has lumbar adjustment even in the XL (y)
What's really surprising is the lumbar support is also on the passenger side on the Maverick. The Honda Ridgeline Sport doesn't even have lumbar support at approximately 38K + fees.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
somehow missed the video link mentioned above

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
While I'm not a current Ford owner and have owned (5) Toyota's I don't agree w/ their final verdict. You test the vehicles for 17.5 minutes and use the resale value to determine who won, really? I would purchase/lease the Escape hands down. I've driven the RAV and was very uninspired.

OP
OP
flashfearless

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I'm not a current Ford owner and have owned (5) Toyota's I don't agree w/ their final verdict. You test the vehicles for 17.5 minutes and use the resale value to determine who won, really? I would purchase/lease the Escape hands down. I've driven the RAV and was very uninspired.
You're describing Toyota in a nutshell to me. To me, Toyota's are for people who when you get down to it really don't like to drive. I refer to Toyotas as soulless.

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
You're describing Toyota in a nutshell to me. To me, Toyota's are for people who when you get down to it really don't like to drive. I refer to Toyotas as soulless.
Are you me? This has literally been my beef with Toyota (and Honda) for years. I’ve never owned one nor do I plan on it. People brag about their reliability but you have to give up (your) soul to drive one.

Sponsored

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
. .. but you have to give up (your) soul to drive one.
Somebody once described that feeling to me as "kissing your sister."

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
This above is assuming that since the Escape and Maverick are on the same platform that the seats will be similar too.
Probably a safe assumption because Ford built these to a price point and using parts bin supplies across vehicles keeps costs down

Buzzard

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I'm really more of a motorcycle guy than car or truck. When a motorcycle is described as having "soul" it usually means it won't start with one or two kicks and has Lucas electrics that don't work in the rain or dark. So they build character. That means you pushed it home.

Please don't equate Ford with soul especially compared to Toyota and Honda. Reliability is pretty damn handy.

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
I'm really more of a motorcycle guy than car or truck. When a motorcycle is described as having "soul" it usually means it won't start with one or two kicks and has Lucas electrics that don't work in the rain or dark. So they build character. That means you pushed it home.

Please don't equate Ford with soul especially compared to Toyota and Honda. Reliability is pretty damn handy.
Oddly enough, I'm also a MC guy. Riding since 1969, my (2) Nortons and (3) Triumphs never stranded me. That said, my (5) month old BMW left me high and dry on the side of the road. Noticed you have a Subaru Outback, I'm on my second and LAST. I find them delicate, oil/anti-freeze using examples of engineering.
Sponsored