Ladies with Mavericks

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
I know there are a few of us out there. What's your story? I inherited a 1978 F-150 that my Dad bought new. It has 65,000 miles and is stock. I call it my Time Machine. My husband loves it. Not enough tech/safety features for me. (it's NOT FOR SALE). I decided to order the Maverick because it's a good size, nice amount of tech, good intro to the world of hybrids and I got to customize it for under $30,000.

Ford Maverick Ladies with Mavericks image
Sponsored

GApeach

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Currently driving a 23 year old MB SLK 230 that I’ve had since new and it’s my dream car. I love it and it’s not going anywhere, just want her to go back to being a “sunny day only car.” 🤣

I ordered a Maverick because it checks several boxes for what I want/need- good gas mileage(hybrid), fits in my garage, good price, good safety features, and I can flat tow it behind my little RV.

lilcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy Tahoe LT
Currently driving a 2003 Chevy Tahoe that is on its last legs. The car hasn't even hit 200,000 miles yet and it's put me in more dangerous situations than I would like to have had in the short time I've had it. The only reason why I have it in the first place is because my ex swore up and down that the transmission in my Dodge Ram was going out and I needed to get rid of it and get a different vehicle. The guy who purchased my truck said that all he had to do was change the battery and fix a couple wires and it was running like a champ 🥲

The Maverick is absolutely perfect for me and my lifestyle. I drive 120+ miles a day so the MPG is going to be such a blessing compared to the 12-15 MPG I'm currently getting in the Tahoe. Plus I miss my Ram immensely so it'll be nice to be in a little truck again. And it's pretty close to the same color as my Ram which was pretty neat! This will be my very first brand new vehicle so I'm excited to have the peace of mind of knowing that I won't break down next to one of the ranches I drive past everyday.

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

HI! I'm currently in a 2010 Ford Flex. It was never my dream car, but it was well maintained and a great family deal. I've put over 100k miles on it since we bought it and was not going to get a new car for a couple more years, but I fell in love with the Maverick. My first car that was ever "mine" was a S10 pickup, and we've owned a couple of trucks over the years. I'm looking forward to the size - not as small as the S10, but not as big as a full-size. The gas mileage is a HUGE plus, as is the price. The other vehicle on my wish list was the RAV4 Hybrid, but that is around 10K more than my Maverick build.

OP
OP
Catlady6

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
Currently driving a 2003 Chevy Tahoe that is on its last legs. The car hasn't even hit 200,000 miles yet and it's put me in more dangerous situations than I would like to have had in the short time I've had it. The only reason why I have it in the first place is because my ex swore up and down that the transmission in my Dodge Ram was going out and I needed to get rid of it and get a different vehicle. The guy who purchased my truck said that all he had to do was change the battery and fix a couple wires and it was running like a champ 🥲

The Maverick is absolutely perfect for me and my lifestyle. I drive 120+ miles a day so the MPG is going to be such a blessing compared to the 12-15 MPG I'm currently getting in the Tahoe. Plus I miss my Ram immensely so it'll be nice to be in a little truck again. And it's pretty close to the same color as my Ram which was pretty neat! This will be my very first brand new vehicle so I'm excited to have the peace of mind of knowing that I won't break down next to one of the ranches I drive past everyday.
They are our ex partners for a reason.

Sponsored

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know there are a few of us out there. What's your story? I inherited a 1978 F-150 that my Dad bought new. It has 65,000 miles and is stock. I call it my Time Machine. My husband loves it. Not enough tech/safety features for me. (it's NOT FOR SALE). I decided to order the Maverick because it's a good size, nice amount of tech, good intro to the world of hybrids and I got to customize it for under $30,000.

image.jpg
Wow! Beautiful truck!

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

image.jpg
Classic! I also quasi-inherited my current truck from my dad, a Ram 1500 (paid way less than its worth), and fixed it up. Its been a great vehicle, but its so tall and parents on both sides are getting mobility issues to where its a real hassle for them to get in and out safely and that's just not nice. I looked into lowering it, but almost everyone that does significant lowering says that the ride becomes very harsh.

So we're not in a massive rush, but would like to upgrade to something that is more senior friendly and does better than our usual 15mpg, and yet isn't going to break the bank. A Maverick Hybrid on paper seems like it would fit the bill perfectly, so I'm excited to learn more about it and see all the reviews to see how the execution of the idea went.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Catlady6

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
Classic! I also quasi-inherited my current truck from my dad, a Ram 1500 (paid way less than its worth), and fixed it up. Its been a great vehicle, but its so tall and parents on both sides are getting mobility issues to where its a real hassle for them to get in and out safely and that's just not nice. I looked into lowering it, but almost everyone that does significant lowering says that the ride becomes very harsh.

So we're not in a massive rush, but would like to upgrade to something that is more senior friendly and does better than our usual 15mpg, and yet isn't going to break the bank. A Maverick Hybrid on paper seems like it would fit the bill perfectly, so I'm excited to learn more about it and see all the reviews to see how the execution of the idea went.
As a senior myself (65) safety was definitely a consideration. That's why I added 360 co-pilot.

ctm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester, Miata
I've always wanted a little red truck and when I saw the Maverick was hooked. But I want a hybrid so real red is not an option. I haven't actually ordered yet but plan to. I have had a 1959 Land Rover, currently drive a 1992 Miata and a 2010 Forester. I'm in Canada and looking at a March delivery even if I ordered today apparently so I don't know if I should wait another model year. Maybe red might even be an option. Currently obsessed though so might break down and get the XLT Lux.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

image.jpg
Damn that truck is so clean! Absolute beauty

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
Younger lady here! This'll be the first vehicle I purchase myself. I'm currently in a Chevy Cruze that's been having transmission issues since getting acquainted with a deer last year. I'll be happy to be rid of it.

I come from a GM family, and I didn't think a truck would be in reach for me at all, actually, both from a gas mileage and a price perspective, but it fits my lifestyle so much better than an SUV. I was ready to pull the trigger on the 2022 Chevy Trailblazer (it's right around the same price point as the Mav), but then my boyfriend told me a few weeks ago, "Hey, have you heard about the new Ford Maverick?" 🤣

The rest, as they say, is history.
Sponsored