First Name
Yvonne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT ordered 11/21; Subaru XTrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where O where is it? Ordered 8-31-2021, in build 8-10-22, delivery 9-3, then 9-10 and today is 9-12 and no truck yet. Would have been nice to get it today it is my 80th birthday
Happy Birthday!!!

You definitely deserve your Maverick. WIth a large bow on top.
Sponsored

99Shadows

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Sport Trac
I just got off the phone with a Maverick customer service rep. They said all 22s not assigned a VIN by close of business tomorrow (Sep 8th), will not be a 22. Said dealers should be sending out emails by the 12th letting us know, and how to reorder a 23. Said the reorder banks open on the 15th, and the new order banks open on the 30th.

Mine is a Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat with a tow hitch. They said my constraint is the tow hitch. :mad:
Can you delete the tow hitch and install your own at a later date?

OP
OP
StephanWolf

StephanWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, but I don't know that it's really a constraint. That's just what the customer support rep said that day, so who knows. For $100 factory install versus $400 - $600 post-factory install, I'm willing to wait. I'm really excited about the truck, and hoping to get it as soon as possible, but when it comes down to it, I don't really "need" it. I just want it really bad. :) So, I'm willing to wait.

99Shadows

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Sport Trac
Yeah, but I don't know that it's really a constraint. That's just what the customer support rep said that day, so who knows. For $100 factory install versus $400 - $600 post-factory install, I'm willing to wait. I'm really excited about the truck, and hoping to get it as soon as possible, but when it comes down to it, I don't really "need" it. I just want it really bad. :) So, I'm willing to wait.
I agree with you, if you're not in a rush then it will be worth the wait to get it as you want it.

Snickers1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Callie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 chevy equinox ltz
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Checked my vehicle visibility report, and my production week was moved to 10/24 from 10/10, and it says the hitch is “amended “ whatever that means, so maybe there is some truth to having issues with procuring the hitches.
Where do you see visability report?

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Short answer is yes.

A Ford Maverick Receiver, NZ6Z17D826C , lists for $336.
There are also a number of DIY projects on the maverick forums.

The receiver doesn't include the wiring harness. I can't find one listed for the Maverick yet but members have said that the Bronco harness fits the Maverick.
I'm sure that this could be a DIY project with a third party connector for those with electrical skills.

At $100 it is definitely a good deal from the factory unless it holds up your build too long.

pickupdude

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got off the phone with ford customer service and they said, new order banks are open for ALL on the 15th and couldn't tell me that MY22 orders hold any precedence over new orders. I'm a bit worried my whole wait was for nothing.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got off the phone with ford customer service and they said, new order banks are open for ALL on the 15th and couldn't tell me that MY22 orders hold any precedence over new orders. I'm a bit worried my whole wait was for nothing.
Ford customer service is an oxymoron ;)

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You will get priority as long as you stay with your current dealer. Ford is going to duplicate your 22 order in the 23 system, and your dealer can then go in, make any changes you want and verify the order with Ford.

The 23 order will have the SAME order date as your 22 order. So, whenever you ordered your 22, that's your place in line for 23. Even if you ordered in January of this year, you're still months ahead of everyone who will place a new order this week.

This is how it was explained by @fordvideoguy

Sponsored

Jville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got off the phone with a Maverick customer service rep. They said all 22s not assigned a VIN by close of business tomorrow (Sep 8th), will not be a 22. Said dealers should be sending out emails by the 12th letting us know, and how to reorder a 23. Said the reorder banks open on the 15th, and the new order banks open on the 30th.

Mine is a Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat with a tow hitch. They said my constraint is the tow hitch. :mad:
My Oct 07 2021 Hybrid apparently just missed the deadline ( although newer orders jumped me ). No offer yet to offset the 23 price increase. Concerned!

pickupdude

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will get priority as long as you stay with your current dealer. Ford is going to duplicate your 22 order in the 23 system, and your dealer can then go in, make any changes you want and verify the order with Ford.

The 23 order will have the SAME order date as your 22 order. So, whenever you ordered your 22, that's your place in line for 23. Even if you ordered in January of this year, you're still months ahead of everyone who will place a new order this week.

This is how it was explained by @fordvideoguy
thank you. thats a little reassuring.

Edlundell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hearing all these horror stories about delayed orders and constraints makes me a little less ashamed for paying a $6995 dealer markup over MSRP for an XL Hybrid that someone else ordered and then declined. I'm considering trading it is towards a '23 XLT because I really need cruise control due to a bad right foot from an old injury. It will be hard to keep my foot on the gas pedal on long trips, but maybe I should be glad I was able to get any Maverick at all. We'll see what happens end of the month.

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@TheWizziard, I wasn't necessarily talking trucks but I have witnessed it. Back in the 70s my Uncle who was loaded used to order a Cadillac every 2yrs and pay cash for it. He would sit down with the salesman who would call GM in front of him placing the order. Most of the time his car came in in under 3 weeks. My father ordered a bare bones straight 6 4x2 f100 in 73 from the factory and it was in in about 16 days. Back then all the dealers in my city had a few cars in the showroom. Everything was an order. No lot to buy from.
More than likely the factory was producing trucks back then having them in stock on the factory lot and just added what was ordered. Todays business model is far different from back then.
Sponsored