First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just finished looking at a Lariat 2.0 trainer. I did a lot of measuring inside and out for my own purposes and to answer a variety of posts asking for details. Note: this was not a precise job of measuring, but should suffice to answer some questions.

Bed diagonal measurement, tailgate up = 75" inches
Half open "plywood" mode diagonal was = 92" inches
Pplywood mode the bed depth (cab to top of tailgate)= 77" inches
Ground to bottom of hitch receiver = 15.75 inches
Top of hitch receiver to open tailgate was only 3-4 inches, could be a problem opening tailgate when hooked-up to a trailer.​
Step-in height to front seats = 18.5 " inches
Console dimensions = 7" x 6" and 9" inches deep
Little cubby in front of console = 6" x 3" inches
Under seat storage (non-hybrid) - 2 outside storage pods = 19" x 10" with and 9.5" inches deep.​
Storage behind rear seatback - some small items could be stored here, especially if not too tall. I did place my 3" diameter water bottle there and could lock the seat back with no problem. Note: this water bottle did fit in all of the beverage holders in the truck.​
Storage with rear seat up - with the front seats back there was only 16" between the front seats and the raised rear seat. I measured 40" from the top of the storage cubbies to the roof.​

That's all folks! I hope it helps.
Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
So, just to double-check, the 77" is bed length with tailgate in the mid-position that matches with the tops of the wheel arches? That measurement would reinforce the 79" measurement we have heard with tailgate all the way down(which includes the plastic trim on top edge).

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just finished looking at a Lariat 2.0 trainer. I did a lot of measuring inside and out for my own purposes and to answer a variety of posts asking for details. Note: this was not a precise job of measuring, but should suffice to answer some questions.

Top of hitch receiver to open tailgate was only 3-4 inches, could be a problem opening tailgate when hooked-up to a trailer.

Yeap, I can see the potential for some dented tailgates,,,,

Thanks for taking the time, HRG

OP
OP

Camodude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, just to double-check, the 77" is bed length with tailgate in the mid-position that matches with the tops of the wheel arches? That measurement would reinforce the 79" measurement we have heard with tailgate all the way down(which includes the plastic trim on top edge).
Correct.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Ground to bottom of hitch receiver = 15.75 inchesTop of hitch receiver to open tailgate was only 3-4 inches, could be a problem opening tailgate when hooked-up to a trailer.
Wow, the hitch is higher than the OEM hitch on my '16 Nissan Frontier 4x4, which is 14.5". I use a 2 3/4" rise ball mount, which holds U-haul trailers at just the perfect slight-nose-high attitude. All U-haul trailers have an 18" coupler height when level.

Yeap, I can see the potential for some dented tailgates,,,,
My thought as well. I'm going to have to put a warning label on the top edge of the tailgate to remind myself!

Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can probably fit a collapsible shovel behind the seat.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Somebody is going to have to come up with a winter safety kit that fits in one of the rear seat storage bins.

doug2104

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, the hitch is higher than the OEM hitch on my '16 Nissan Frontier 4x4, which is 14.5". I use a 2 3/4" rise ball mount, which holds U-haul trailers at just the perfect slight-nose-high attitude. All U-haul trailers have an 18" coupler height when level.

My thought as well. I'm going to have to put a warning label on the top edge of the tailgate to remind myself!
That info about All U-haul trailers have an 18" coupler height when level was very valuable information. Thank You notfast.

OP
OP

Camodude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can probably fit a collapsible shovel behind the seat.
Good idea! I'm planning to make a piece of plywood to create a flat surface over the under seat storage cubbies. I think this plywood will store nicely behind the seatback.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
That info about All U-haul trailers have an 18" coupler height when level was very valuable information. Thank You notfast.
I found that measurement on their web site somewhere and confirmed it when I rented trailers several times. But you can sort of see that when driving by any U-haul location. The small 4x6 trailers on the little 8" wheels have a trailer tongue with an upward "S" bend to get the coupler higher. The bigger/taller the trailer, the less the "S" bend is.

The big 6x12 trailers with surge brakes have level trailer tongues since the surge brake coupler drops down a couple inches from the tongue.

Sponsored

doug2104

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found that measurement on their web site somewhere and confirmed it when I rented trailers several times. But you can sort of see that when driving by any U-haul location. The small 4x6 trailers on the little 8" wheels have a trailer tongue with an upward "S" bend to get the coupler higher. The bigger/taller the trailer, the less the "S" bend is.

The big 6x12 trailers with surge brakes have level trailer tongues since the surge brake coupler drops down a couple inches from the tongue.
Thank You for the additional info on the U-hauls.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Top of hitch receiver to open tailgate was only 3-4 inches, could be a problem opening tailgate when hooked-up to a trailer.​
Under seat storage (non-hybrid) - 2 outside storage pods = 19" x 10" with and 9.5" inches deep.​
Storage behind rear seatback - some small items could be stored here, especially if not too tall. I did place my 3" diameter water bottle there and could lock the seat back with no problem. Note: this water bottle did fit in all of the beverage holders in the truck.​
Storage with rear seat up - with the front seats back there was only 16" between the front seats and the raised rear seat. I measured 40" from the top of the storage cubbies to the roof.​

Thank you for confirming the under seat dims. I’ve meant to get a measurement myself but forget my tape measure or am too excited and just plain forget. Glad to see my better than scissor jack will fit. Thanks!

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Interesting that they define the dimension to the "middle" of the hitch ball.

HRG

From their FAQ's https://www.uhaul.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/Trailer-Towing-Rentals/

Ford Maverick More measurements / dimensions for 2022 Maverick bed, hitch, under seat storage, cubby, interior U-haul hitch ball height.JPG

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
do we know how long the 2x4/2x6s need to be for the DYI bed dividers?

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It's a small thing, but I'm wanting to know the distance from the 2x6 slot to the closed tailgate. 'Seems to me the perfect place to store groceries and hardware after a Costco/Home Depot run. I'm going to get the hard tri-fold tonneau, so it would be safely hidden and out of harms way.
Sponsored