Maverick Has Arrived. Chapman Ford Horsam Goes Full Scumbag

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not all have gotten clear Clarification from Chapman. Often silence from
Chapman
He emailed on a Saturday and got a response by Tuesday. Instead of replying to that response he received Tuesday, he came here to rant.
Sponsored

OP
OP

enlowtrains

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 chevy greenbrier
In the e-mail at the bottom, the fine print said they do not honor price protection. The current invoice is what the 4% below will be based on. They will charge me a extra $1000 and probaly take price protection money from FORD too. The

TD2

First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
seems like the big question here is that invoice pricing rises since order.. so while 4% under invoice is true, the invoice price went up
Yeah price increase - ford giving price protection on 2021 orders. Chapman is giving price protection to some customers and not others. The only fair thing imo would be for Chapman to not take price protection from ford

Sponsored

TD2

First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
He emailed on a Saturday and got a response by Tuesday. Instead of replying to that response he received Tuesday, he came here to rant.
Ranting on the forum has allowed others to chime in and provide additional information to help understand the situation and take additional steps

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered from Chapman 7/5/2021. Had many email exchanges with Tom Borah and Steve Wepryk. None of the information below was in any correspondence with Chapman Horsham management from the first to the last one.

“*Our pricing program under invoice will not be combined with any manufacturer price protection programs...the POC/DORA may not be the final invoice price & only an estimate based on the current pricing guide from Ford/Stellantis...Ford/Stellantis occasionally has price increases during the course of production...once the vehicle lands on the ground, we will provide you a copy of the invoice from Ford/Stellantis & will honor our % under invoice in this email thread.*”

That’s the OPs issue.

In my case, the msrp increased by $890.00. I wrote to Steve Wepryk January 2022 about price protection, would they would honor the original 4% below invoice quote? His reply was they would honor 4% below current invoice, DORA was not an invoice, thank you. That was it.

If their policy stated as above was clear at the time my order was placed, that would be fine. But it wasn’t.

That got me to thinking which is dangerous:
  • Did I want to spend almost $37K (after tax, tags and fees) for a Maverick?
  • Did I really want the “grandpa“ version aka Lariat?
  • Was there value in the extra cost of the Lariat versus the XLT?
The answer to all three was “hell no.” I walked away and my order is currently for sale on their website. Chapman Horsham recently reduced their ADM from $10K to $5K.

I ordered an XLT from another dealer, (msrp $7K less on XLT than Lariat) using “X plan” pricing.

edit: clarify difference msrp

Last edited:

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I'm guessing mine was used as a test drive/errand running truck until I was able to take it. That would explain the crumbs and minor scratches inside/outside.
Very likely. My saleman had told me they had a customer ordered Maverick on the lot asked if I wanted to look at it and I said sure. We walked the lot and body shop and it was nowhere to be found. He did not have an explanation for where it was. I made sure I was there to pick up mine the same day as delivered.

Last edited:

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I ordered from Chapman 7/5/2021. Had many email exchanges with Tom Borah and Steve Wepryk. None of the information below was in any correspondence with Chapman Horsham management from the first to the last one.

“*Our pricing program under invoice will not be combined with any manufacturer price protection programs...the POC/DORA may not be the final invoice price & only an estimate based on the current pricing guide from Ford/Stellantis...Ford/Stellantis occasionally has price increases during the course of production...once the vehicle lands on the ground, we will provide you a copy of the invoice from Ford/Stellantis & will honor our % under invoice in this email thread.*”

That’s the OPs issue.

In my case, the msrp increased by $890.00. I wrote to Steve Weprik January 2022 about price protection, would they would honor the original 4% below invoice quote? His reply was they would honor 4% below current invoice, DORA was not an invoice, thank you. That was it.

If their policy stated as above was clear at the time my order was placed, that would be fine. But it wasn’t.

That got me to thinking which is dangerous:
  • Did I want to spend almost $37K (after tax, tags and fees) for a Maverick?
  • Did I really want the “grandpa“ version aka Lariat?
  • Was there value in the extra cost of the Lariat versus the XLT?
The answer to all three was “hell no.” I walked away and my order is currently for sale on their website. Chapman Horsham recently reduced their ADM from $10K to $5K.

I ordered an XLT from another dealer, about $7K less msrp using “X plan” pricing.
Are you saying the X Plan is $7k under MSRP?

Sponsored

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I'm guessing mine was used as a test drive/errand running truck until I was able to take it. That would explain the crumbs and minor scratches inside/outside.
Mine had 55 miles on it if that makes you feel better. It got delivered on 3/24 and I picked it up after work on 3/25.....so not sure where the miles came from during the prep time. Maybe random testing at the factory site lol. However, I didn't really care either as I just wanted to get it home after 9 months of waiting.

I had bought two new cars prior to the Maverick -- the first one had like 500 miles which had to be used as a dealer errand car. If I knew what I knew now, I would have used that to negotiate better. The second one I bought was similar to the Mav if I recall, which I assume was just from test drives from the lot as it was December and the outgoing MY so it was probably there for awhile.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the e-mail at the bottom, the fine print said they do not honor price protection. The current invoice is what the 4% below will be based on. They will charge me a extra $1000 and probaly take price protection money from FORD too. The
They made you no offer to price protect and their pricing disclaimer is 100% clear. You are receiving the exact deal you signed up for, 4% under final invoice. Why are you whining?

And yes, in PA there are certain state and local taxes that the dealer must pay (outside of sales tax to the state of registration) and those fees went up slightly in 2022.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, what I recall from other Chapman related posts, buyers have two choices:
  • MSRP with Price Protection
  • Under Invoice honored, invoice price is tied to the actual invoice price at delivery
Chapman always labeled their deal 'under invoice', not X% under the best deal possible with discounts/Ford incentives.

Sounds like it just is not working out the way some people were expecting/hoping. But that information has been floating around these forums. I've seen it and I live on the opposite coast and never considered Chapman a personal option. Yet, I know.

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you saying the X Plan is $7k under MSRP?
No, my bad with the wording on that part of my post. The msrp for the Lariat is $37,165 and the msrp for the XLT is $29,450. After looking at the figures, closer to $8K less. Thanks for pointing that out.
Sponsored

Last edited: