Three more weeks, then I am out.

WVX76

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray XLT FX4, Subaru Forester Wilderness
We bought a new Subaru Forester Wilderness last week. We paid a deposit first of December for one of two unspoken for inbound vehicles. The car arrived right when the sales guy told us it would be there through the port of Vancouver. Built in Japan amazingly. So in my experience you’ll have better luck with Subaru unless something’s changed.

The Forester Wilderness fit and finish is really nice and is extremely capable for what it is. Subaru knocked it out of the park.

I will say if it’s up to me I drive the Maverick!
Sponsored

johnpbrewer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been a 185 days (July 29, 2021) since I placed my order. No updates since the original order and of course not yet scheduled for production. No updates from dealer and phone calls to Ford are met with.. "Call you dealer". Add to that looks like prices went up.

I was excited for my first Ford vehicle. But looks like that is not going to happen. Really disappointed in the way Ford has handled this.

I'll give it three more weeks to receive the "scheduled for production" email. That should take me through the middle of February. If nothing heard, the dealer can keep the truck and sell it to some sucker for 5K over sticker.

I'll stick to a trusted brand like Subaru, Honda or Toyota.
I bought into the hype. Low cost hybrid truck. Was excited for my next Ford. Now I just worry it might be June or later before it arrives and that my dealer is going to jack up the price on me. I entered this with hope and expectation but it's been anxiety and disappointment for months. Thanks Ford.

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I was a kid, Hondas were considered absolute junk, somewhere between a Yugo and the early Hyundais. I think they had a model called the Paragon which was worth about 25 cents.
Our choir teacher in High School bought a new little 1974 Honda Civic. Several of us guys lifted it from her parking spot and put it up in the yard at school. It was a total piece of crap. And look at them now.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We bought a new Subaru Forester Wilderness last week. We paid a deposit first of December for one of two unspoken for inbound vehicles. The car arrived right when the sales guy told us it would be there through the port of Vancouver. Built in Japan amazingly. So in my experience you’ll have better luck with Subaru unless something’s changed.

The Forester Wilderness fit and finish is really nice and is extremely capable for what it is. Subaru knocked it out of the park.

I will say if it’s up to me I drive the Maverick!
I know what you mean. In my aggravated state I purchased a 2022 Nissan Frontier. Love the truck, it's fantastic. I said I was going to walk away from the Maverick, but I didn't. I ended up with both vehicles. Not sure I am keeping them both, but my choice right now with the Maverick Hybrid is hands down the Maverick. :)

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our choir teacher in High School bought a new little 1974 Honda Civic. Several of us guys lifted it from her parking spot and put it up in the yard at school. It was a total piece of crap. And look at them now.
First gen civics are hot. Would love one with an EV retrofit. This one sold for more than a mav...https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-honda-civic/

Sponsored

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been a 185 days (July 29, 2021) since I placed my order. No updates since the original order and of course not yet scheduled for production. No updates from dealer and phone calls to Ford are met with.. "Call you dealer". Add to that looks like prices went up.

I was excited for my first Ford vehicle. But looks like that is not going to happen. Really disappointed in the way Ford has handled this.

I'll give it three more weeks to receive the "scheduled for production" email. That should take me through the middle of February. If nothing heard, the dealer can keep the truck and sell it to some sucker for 5K over sticker.

I'll stick to a trusted brand like Subaru, Honda or Toyota.
July 29th is the same day I ordered my Maverick! XLT, Luxury, Co-pilot, tonneau cover, matts, and rear window. I'm guessing I'll get mine in the next 2-3 months. I'd recommend waiting, it's the truck of the year! Also, if you got an agreement from your dealer they should honor that price, my dealer told me that would. Chapman Ford in Philadelphia, 4% under invoice.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know what you mean. In my aggravated state I purchased a 2022 Nissan Frontier. Love the truck, it's fantastic. I said I was going to walk away from the Maverick, but I didn't. I ended up with both vehicles. Not sure I am keeping them both, but my choice right now with the Maverick Hybrid is hands down the Maverick. :)
I test drove a 2022 Nissan Frontier and after returning to the lot found that it had a market adjustment of $7,500! No way I'm losing that much money! Also, I found I had to climb up into the Frontier, something I did not like.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Outback and Forester from the house of Subaru. Currently drive a Subaru Tribeca. Likely we'll get a loyalty discount and we have a VIP code.

Toyota Rav4 and Honda CR-V. The hybrid models. Currently we own a 2018 Accord Hybrid that has been stellar.
Doesn’t look like you wanted a truck anyway since you’re bow interested in SUV’S. Bye!

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I test drove a 2022 Nissan Frontier and after returning to the lot found that it had a market adjustment of $7,500! No way I'm losing that much money! Also, I found I had to climb up into the Frontier, something I did not like.
Yeah those Nissan dealers just like Ford dealers can be some kinda greedy. I paid MSRP for mine and it has the side step, so for me its easy to get into. Very smooth ride and quiet. But I sure like that Maverick Hybrid MPG over that 3.8 V6. :)

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
sigh. So tired of the “Ford is great, don’t like it just leave” attitude. One can like Ford, like the Maverick and still be irritated about who long the process is and how screwed up the communications have been.

I own Ford stock, have a 2015 F150, recently bought a 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands AND have a Lariat Mav on order. So that would make me sort of a fanboy and even I can see how F‘d up this process has been. it ESPECIALLY bothers me as a stockholder because customers that you drive away due to poor execution are likely gone for a long long time, simply because they will no longer trust anything you say.

Sponsored

DebsMav

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I ordered on 9/29/21. I got an email for tracking from Ford and the build date changed multiple times. As of right now, using the tracker on this site, I can see that I am waiting for my PCE modules to be turned on. The estimated delivery date is 2/24/22 but that seems doubtful since it would have to ship this week to get to Vermont by then. It's disappointing since my husband ordered a Ram a week after me and got his beautiful $70k truck the week after Christmas. Just praying my 2018 Subaru makes it through the winter safely for good resale or trade in value.

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hehe, I ordered 6 weeks before you with a similar build, not scheduled either. I’ve chatted with my salesperson several times now, and I know way more about the constraints and scheduling process than they do. Dealer middle man needs to go away. Service departments are a necessity, but the day of the salesperson should be over.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that one of the principal troubles are the dealers and the sales associates. If that combination are bad… everything will be delayed even more than the Ford production speed.!!
my original order was in july 24 but I ordered a XLT fwd EB with 4k tow package. In September Ford said that combination is not possible and you need to reorder. Well, I ordered the change to awd not fx4… and the sales associates was lost in space. He made a new order and basically reset my times to 0. Fortunately the truck is in production since January 10. The ford app said 01/24 and them they reduced to 01/17.
at this moment there are my all information about my unit.
Not dealer info and less than less from the sales associates.
Definitely the difference is that.
Dealer and sales associates.

in my case, if i can change that i will.. but must probably lost my actual progress.

IF ANY FORD REPRESENTATIVE READ THIS FORUM….

SORRY GUYS, but this industry need evolve like too many others.. THE CUSTOMERS NEED DIRECT COMMUNICATION WITH MANUFACTURERS AND FINALIZE SALE TOO. Not dealers at all. Just for show room and service. Thats all. Delivery direct to customers and everything thru manufacturers web site.!!
Will be a healthy thing for you guys.
Must probably in this path (the auto industry evolve) some new manufacturers with cheap EVs will be change that.!!! The first one knocks twice and the second is the first looser.
Yes like you I want to order direct from the Factory - I don't want the middle-man dealer. I don't need nor want any of their services during the sale. I DO want to partner with them for support, and maybe performance parts. I'm far from the guy who wants to be primped and serviced by anything in the sales office. I HATE that. And I'm not going to buy an extended warranty. So things my change - I hope.
Sponsored