Sponsored

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 53 Dodge M37
From all I've seen so far, I'm very seriously considering buy a new Maverick pickup truck. Base model. I don't need a large screen TV set in the middle of my dashboard telling me where the nearest starbucks is. When it does come out, I'll see what the competition has. Hyundai Santa Cruz, etc.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I'm curious if that would be for a basic fleet model? 🤔 I'm also curious if they would give it all wheel drive or if that would compete with the sport at much cheaper level

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
I'm curious if that would be for a basic fleet model? 🤔 I'm also curious if they would give it all wheel drive or if that would compete with the sport at much cheaper level
I have heard front wheel drive will be standard and AWD will be available.

Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I honestly cant fathom how they're gonna hit sub $20k for a base price without a manual transmission option. By the grace of god that would be SPECTACULAR but i just dont see the manual being in the cards. On most of these cars nowadays the auto adds between $1000-$2000 onto base prices when added to vehicles with both transmissions as options.

I just hope we can option a bigger engine onto all the models if we want. I dont really care for the idea of the dragon 1.5, Id be much more interested in the 2.0. A base model with no up-charges but the 2.0 engine and awd would be sublime for me.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I honestly cant fathom how they're gonna hit sub $20k for a base price without a manual transmission option. By the grace of god that would be SPECTACULAR but i just dont see the manual being in the cards. On most of these cars nowadays the auto adds between $1000-$2000 onto base prices when added to vehicles with both transmissions as options.

I just hope we can option a bigger engine onto all the models if we want. I dont really care for the idea of the dragon 1.5, Id be much more interested in the 2.0. A base model with no up-charges but the 2.0 engine and awd would be sublime for me.
I think that's how they can keep the price down, By keeping the options or choices to a minimum.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think that's how they can keep the price down, By keeping the options or choices to a minimum.
But thats whats blowing my mind. You can barely get a crappy hatchback with an automatic for under $20k let alone a brand new small trucklet based off the Bronco Sport architecture.

I truly dont see how it could be sub $20k without a manual option at a minimum to take a massive chunk of the msrp off. More power to them if they can do it with an automatic though. Hell, Id buy a ocompletely base one. Give me crank windows, no AC and the most basic radio they can find for a base price of $20k and id absolutely love the thing.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But thats whats blowing my mind. You can barely get a crappy hatchback with an automatic for under $20k let alone a brand new small trucklet based off the Bronco Sport architecture.

I truly dont see how it could be sub $20k without a manual option at a minimum to take a massive chunk of the msrp off. More power to them if they can do it with an automatic though. Hell, Id buy a ocompletely base one. Give me crank windows, no AC and the most basic radio they can find for a base price of $20k and id absolutely love the thing.
Time will rell, But so far Ford says they can do it and still make a profit.

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
I’m not sure. My only thought is the Escape is the correct pricing & the Bronco Sport has a lot of extra research & development pricing added onto it as well as the hype. If you do a search in your favorite car website you can find some new 2021 Escape’s for as low as $17K. Now that is the S and for $18K the SE, but that is a big difference than the Bronco Sport pricing. I think this may be how they will do it. Maverick FWD will be using the Escape parts bin. If we get an AWD version it will be using the Bronco Sport parts bin.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-sport-escape-suspension-awd-systems-explained/amp/

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Pricing Will Start Under $20,000 MSRP 32CB645A-4AE8-41B2-9BB2-9F174275527E

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Pricing Will Start Under $20,000 MSRP 66A8E3C0-6F38-4FCE-8537-A1961AC282C5

Sponsored

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Badlands Bronco Sport has now been delayed 3 times (since it's original Dec/2020 build date) -- Just a standard Badlands trim with gray contrasting roof; no Badlands package, no moonroof, no trailer hitch...

• Sad
Reactions: Doc

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
My Badlands Bronco Sport has now been delayed 3 times (since it's original Dec/2020 build date) -- Just a standard Badlands trim with gray contrasting roof; no Badlands package, no moonroof, no trailer hitch...
How did you get Badlands trim wo the Badlands package? Seems counterintuitive.. 🤔

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TruckGuySC -- there is a separate optional "upgrade" package (power leather seats, moonroof, better audio) that adds over $2,500 MSRP...

Will never own another vehicle with a moon/sun roof nor leather seats in this hot Houston summer

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
TruckGuySC -- there is a separate optional "upgrade" package (power leather seats, moonroof, better audio) that adds over $2,500 MSRP...

Will never own another vehicle with a moon/sun roof nor leather seats in this hot Houston summer
Hopefully they’ll be a full Lariat package. When I got my Ranger (that unfortunately I had to get rid of for personal reasons w only 2400 miles on it) the only way to get leather seats was to get the Lariat trim level.

I’m in the South Carolina sun and would still prefer leather for durability and so much easier to keep clean. When I take the dogs anywhere, it’s much easier to wipe down. When I had cloth seats it was a real PITA every time I took them anywhere..

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Agreed. It used to be you could buy a rather stripped model of a pickup if all you wanted it for was a simple delivery or farm truck. That's how they would keep this under $20K... Make it like the original Rangers. It's easy to drive the price up with add-ons, especially if they are factory add-ons that are WAY overpriced anyway. If Ford wants to create a new niche in the truck market they need to think like Volkswagen did back in the days of the early Beetle.... Low price, low markup, but high volume. If the Maverick comes out in the $25-30K range it will be just another option of many.
Sponsored