First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bullseyecustomautos.com
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning, 18 850whp TT F150, 21 whippled F150
Well, e30 tuning is just about finished up! Sam and I set a goal to run a 13 second 1/4 mile... watch to see if we were able to!

Sponsored

OniZanza

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, e30 tuning is just about finished up! Sam and I set a goal to run a 13 second 1/4 mile... watch to see if we were able to!

Quite impressive! What's up next after lighter wheels? Any intake or exhaust mods planned?

Also, thanks for the tidbit about the Focus RS rims bolt pattern matching the Mavericks. Did not know this until this video. Keep up the good work and ignore the haters!

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Can't wait to tune this thing.

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you planning to have your tuner work on the torque management? We should probably be able to see 1.8 second 60' times without the nannies interfering. If it's anything like my F150, there will be a significant improvement.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Quite impressive! What's up next after lighter wheels? Any intake or exhaust mods planned?

Also, thanks for the tidbit about the Focus RS rims bolt pattern matching the Mavericks. Did not know this until this video. Keep up the good work and ignore the haters!

For now I'm in a holding pattern until more companies release products, and then I'll purchase parts from the companies, test them, see what does and doesnt work, and go from there. I don't plan on trying to make this a race truck or anything crazy tbh, I just wanna help Sam offer the best tuning possible for folks!

IF he has ideas or suggestions on things to do or things he wants to test, then I will follow his instruction

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Are you planning to have your tuner work on the torque management? We should probably be able to see 1.8 second 60' times without the nannies interfering. If it's anything like my F150, there will be a significant improvement.

As mentioned in the video, that's an ongoing work in progress, realistically with the stock engine/turbo, a 2.0 60' is likely to be the best the truck will see. we've already shaved aroubd 0.15 off the 60' , 2.3 seconds off the best 0-60, and 2 seconds off best 1/4 mile. i'm trying to find a set of lighter 17s and decent tires to throw on to see if it makes any more of a difference because the 20s and cheap tires certainly aren't helping

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As mentioned in the video, that's an ongoing work in progress, realistically with the stock engine/turbo, a 2.0 60' is likely to be the best the truck will see. we've already shaved aroubd 0.15 off the 60' , 2.3 seconds off the best 0-60, and 2 seconds off best 1/4 mile. i'm trying to find a set of lighter 17s and decent tires to throw on to see if it makes any more of a difference because the 20s and cheap tires certainly aren't helping
I guarantee there is more in it than a 2.0 60'. With a turbo this small, the only reason you can't launch it hard is because the torque management is not allowing it to build boost. Switching back to a lighter weight wheel/tire combo will obviously help this as well.

Didn't you run a 14.8 second quarter mile when it was stock? I saw you post that 2 seconds off the quarter statement, and was a bit confused, lol.

John

V3N0M

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dying Embers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st edition Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They look so lit tho! Keep up the creative flow and good work man. I'm excited to see what you guys come up with next. And don't listen to uncle Tom's complaints about things they can't afford, there is a thing called stock and it's just right for some people.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I guarantee there is more in it than a 2.0 60'. With a turbo this small, the only reason you can't launch it hard is because the torque management is not allowing it to build boost. Switching back to a lighter weight wheel/tire combo will obviously help this as well.

Didn't you run a 14.8 second quarter mile when it was stock? I saw you post that 2 seconds off the quarter statement, and was a bit confused, lol.

John
Typo on the 2 seconds. Driving to the dealership to pick up some parts lol. Yeah, ran a 14.83 iirc

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Our factory, sans K&N panel, 2.0 AWD did a 2.2 60ft. I think you are right about the 2.0 60ft being the optimal number.

Sponsored

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have to remember that is with a stock computer.

For example: My F150 ran a best of a 1.97 second 60' with a 5 star tune on it, IIRC. After having 5 star remove the torque management, I ran a 1.69 second 60'. The factory torque management was only allowing 1.5# of boost on the launch at 0mph. After the retune, I hit 8.5# of boost before the brakes could no longer hold it back. The torque difference between the two settings was probably close to 200ftlbs.

John

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
You have to remember that is with a stock computer.

For example: My F150 ran a best of a 1.97 second 60' with a 5 star tune on it, IIRC. After having 5 star remove the torque management, I ran a 1.69 second 60'. The factory torque management was only allowing 1.5# of boost on the launch at 0mph. After the retune, I hit 8.5# of boost before the brakes could no longer hold it back. The torque difference between the two settings was probably close to 200ftlbs.

John

You're comparing apples and oranges. Lol. Stop it bro

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're comparing apples and oranges. Lol. Stop it bro
How is this apple to oranges? I'm not comparing my F150 to your Mav, I'm giving you an example of how torque management is holding you back. Ask your tuner to look at my responses and see if he thinks I'm out in left field. You have a peak of 370+ WHEEL TORQUE, and you ran a 2.1 second 60'. You are missing my entire point of how much the torque management is holding you back.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am very happy to see Mr broom doing this kind of testing. For those of us who may want more power in the future we will know how to do it easily, & safely as his testing can show the limits of this powertrain too. It is amazing that a full second & maybe more can be knocked off a 1/4 mile time with only a tune. In the old days it was cam, headers, intake, big tires & gears to get this performance from a V8, & then it only got 10mpg!

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How is this apple to oranges? I'm not comparing my F150 to your Mav, I'm giving you an example of how torque management is holding you back. Ask your tuner to look at my responses and see if he thinks I'm out in left field. You have a peak of 370+ WHEEL TORQUE, and you ran a 2.1 second 60'. You are missing my entire point of how much the torque management is holding you back.
You make really good points. Even on my 2013 Mustang they have to mess with torque management in the tuning to get the desired performance needed out of the vehicles.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.