Sponsored

A larger rear view mirror is needed, the factory one is horrible ....

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here to see what options people have. I also don't like the stock mirror.
My subaru had auto-dimming mirrors and I really appreciated them. I've already found myself irritated with bright headlights shinning into my eyes from both the side and rear view mirrors. Makes driving at night more of a chore.
Flip the manual dim switch
Sponsored

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my opinion, the rear view is really useless, but I also have the rear window so that makes visibility a pain. The side mirrors I donā€™t think as undersized but designed poorly. My old suv had similar size but the top outer portion of the Maverick side mirrors seems to be angled right where it could help (think those oval side mirrors which seem a step up from these)

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look into a virtual mirror. They make them aftermarket and they will have zero things blocking the view like headrests. They work off of a camera mounted in the shark fin, rear glass, or in the 3rd brake light etc. Maybe a little expensive but very nice when installed.

DIYDad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@DIYDad Is is the convex or flat mirror you have? It was the convex one in the link posted earlier but this sounds like you actually got the flat one.

For those with Broadway Mirrors, do you prefer the Flat or Convex? I added the convex one today and greatly improves rear vision...am wondering how much less for the flat one as I could still return it. Maybe I'll order one anyway and send back whichever one I like the less. I don't see paying almost 2X for the blue tint, not even sure it would help that much.
My bad. I linked the convex one but yes, I have and prefer the flat one. 270mm is a good size. I also have a 300mm one in another car which may seem a little too wide for some.

One downside of these mirrors is that they are ā€œuniversal fitā€ meaning that the spring loaded clip doesnā€™t always latch onto the OEM mirror perfectly. Mirrors with a more curved profile are more of a challenge to fit properly. For my XL Maverick it fit fine but I will let others comment with their experiences.

Canā€™t comment on the blue tint, never had that beforeā€¦.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My bad. I linked the convex one but yes, I have and prefer the flat one. 270mm is a good size. I also have a 300mm one in another car which may seem a little too wide for some.

One downside of these mirrors is that they are ā€œuniversal fitā€ meaning that the spring loaded clip doesnā€™t always latch onto the OEM mirror perfectly. Mirrors with a more curved profile are more of a challenge to fit properly. For my XL Maverick it fit fine but I will let others comment with their experiences.

Canā€™t comment on the blue tint, never had that beforeā€¦.
No worries, I'm going to try the convex out (since I already have it installed :rolleyes:) and see how it goes. I can always order the flat one and send this one back. I do like being able to see out of the rear side windows now, but also don't really like seeing myself while driving! šŸ˜ If I got used to (and now love) my progressive lenses, maybe I'll adapt and like the convex too?

Sponsored

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
This thing is awesome. 10 second installation, doesnā€™t look goofy and it gets the job done.

5BFDF438-D64B-4969-A936-C7291E2C9876.jpeg
I'm taking your word for it and ordering one. I find the stock one troublesome but didn't want to post on here since it's not terrible, but it's not great. Looks like I'm not alone though.

Thank you all for the input, I think this will help my rear visibility greatly.

Dave

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I'm taking your word for it and ordering one. I find the stock one troublesome but didn't want to post on here since it's not terrible, but it's not great. Looks like I'm not alone though.

Thank you all for the input, I think this will help my rear visibility greatly.

Dave
Iā€™m also one that adjusts to things fairly easily and while the stock mirror wasnā€™t bad, this is much better and Iā€™m very happy with it.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd love to have a HomeLink mirror but there isn't any wiring to the stock mirror and that makes installation more complicated than I'm up for. I don't know how much professional installation might cost but it would make for an awfully expensive garage door opener.
Got one of these for my Maverick key fob....easy setup and don't have to worry about leaving the garage door opener in the Maverick while in the driveway. And, it is only about $10.

Ford Maverick A larger rear view mirror is needed, the factory one is horrible .... 1640065617333

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thing is awesome. 10 second installation, doesnā€™t look goofy and it gets the job done.

5BFDF438-D64B-4969-A936-C7291E2C9876.jpeg
That is the 300mm flat one? Can't really tell from the angle how it compares with mine but if so, I may return my convex and get that one instead (maybe with the blue tint). That's about perfect - maybe a little less of the rear side windows but again could be just the angle.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
That is the 300mm flat one? Can't really tell from the angle how it compares with mine but if so, I may return my convex and get that one instead (maybe with the blue tint). That's about perfect - maybe a little less of the rear side windows but again could be just the angle.
Yup, 300mm Aluminum flat one. I love it.