Sponsored

Buschur's 3" cat back exhaust prototype for 2.0 Maverick all done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
SUPER happy with our exhaust for the Maverick 2.0 AWD!

We wanted a full 3" system so it won't ever need to be upgraded again, we wanted something with NO drone, wanted to keep it on the quiet side, at least the same ground clearance as stock and lighter weight than the factory. Well we nailed it all.

This is the PROTOTYPE. The finished product will be bent in one piece, so all the weld joints and such that are seen won't be on the final product. This is how the process works, it's built in pieces to get fitment, then that prototype is sent off to our mandrel bender to be copied and bent for production.

The only change to what you see here will be the "tip". The production version will be flush to the rear bumper/fascia and not protrude past at all.

There is ZERO drone from this system. At any cruise speed it is silent, accelerating you can hear the exhaust but it has a super nice deep tone and not a tinny "import" sound.

The truck is equipped with two catalytic converters. One right off the turbo which has a pre and post 02 sensor and then a second one down stream under the drivers seat. We have retained both for emission reasons.

Like the systems Borla and Maganflow offer for the Bronco Sport, ours is also a "cut and clamp". So the only "hard" part of installing this will be cutting the factory system behind the second cat to slide our system on.

Our exhaust will be 100% 304 grade stainless steel, which will out last the life of the truck.

I've posted some videos of the system on the truck, idle/rev and a wide open pull from 0-80 mph.

No tuning so far and the truck is happy with all the mods. The truck here is running our catch can/oil seperator, 3" intake and our 3" cat back.

The system will take about 5 weeks from the time the bender gets this prototype. I plan to drive it a few days to make 100% sure I'm happy with the sound, there are no rattles and the computer stays happy.

I have no idea on cost, we have built it so we can break the system down into a reasonable kit to ship, oversized shipping adds stupid expense.

I haven't been able to dyno test it. All of our testing we do is back to back on the same day on our dyno. Because the stock system needs cut its hard to do a back to back swap and dyno test it the proper way. We WILL do that but haven't yet. I believe the best option for this is to dyno it like it is, then we will have to pull the truck off the dyno (I don't even like to un strap them for testing typically) swap the exhaust and re-load the truck to test again.

It looks like 0-60 is in the 6.2'ish second range in the video.

Sponsored

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to drive to you and buy the catch can and intake already. I’m just going to add the exhaust to my list. I get the truck on Saturday.

what future plans to you have in the pipeline?

2 wishes I have are a vent to air diverted valve and a boost gauge for the cubby. Any hopes of seeing those from you?

your company really gets me excited for this truck. Keep up the good work!

jpage8645

First Name
Jeremy Page
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1973 Maverick, 2012 Tundra, 2020 F250

We wanted a full 3" system so it won't ever need to be upgraded again, we wanted something with NO drone, wanted to keep it on the quiet side, at least the same ground clearance as stock and lighter weight than the factory. Well we nailed it all.

This is the PROTOTYPE. The finished product will be bent in one piece, so all the weld joints and such that are seen won't be on the final product. This is how the process works, it's built in pieces to get fitment, then that prototype is sent off to our mandrel bender to be copied and bent for production.

The only change to what you see here will be the "tip". The production version will be flush to the rear bumper/fascia and not protrude past at all.

There is ZERO drone from this system. At any cruise speed it is silent, accelerating you can hear the exhaust but it has a super nice deep tone and not a tinny "import" sound.

The truck is equipped with two catalytic converters. One right off the turbo which has a pre and post 02 sensor and then a second one down stream under the drivers seat. We have retained both for emission reasons.

Like the systems Borla and Maganflow offer for the Bronco Sport, ours is also a "cut and clamp". So the only "hard" part of installing this will be cutting the factory system behind the second cat to slide our system on.

Our exhaust will be 100% 304 grade stainless steel, which will out last the life of the truck.

I've posted some videos of the system on the truck, idle/rev and a wide open pull from 0-80 mph.

No tuning so far and the truck is happy with all the mods. The truck here is running our catch can/oil seperator, 3" intake and our 3" cat back.

The system will take about 5 weeks from the time the bender gets this prototype. I plan to drive it a few days to make 100% sure I'm happy with the sound, there are no rattles and the computer stays happy.

I have no idea on cost, we have built it so we can break the system down into a reasonable kit to ship, oversized shipping adds stupid expense.

I haven't been able to dyno test it. All of our testing we do is back to back on the same day on our dyno. Because the stock system needs cut its hard to do a back to back swap and dyno test it the proper way. We WILL do that but haven't yet. I believe the best option for this is to dyno it like it is, then we will have to pull the truck off the dyno (I don't even like to un strap them for testing typically) swap the exhaust and re-load the truck to test again.

Hurry up I don't have patience for this this stuff! I want one now! Great job, sounds perfect. I am sure you tried and it can't be done or isn't worth the effort to get it over the rear axel...

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hurry up I don't have patience for this this stuff! I want one now! Great job, sounds perfect. I am sure you tried and it can't be done or isn't worth the effort to get it over the rear axel...
We wanted to over the rear axle or even use the hole in the subframe but both are impossible. There is zero room to get through there.

The exhaust in 3" is higher than the factory 2-3/8" system.

jpage8645

First Name
Jeremy Page
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1973 Maverick, 2012 Tundra, 2020 F250
We wanted to over the rear axle or even use the hole in the subframe but both are impossible. There is zero room to get through there.

The exhaust in 3" is higher than the factory 2-3/8" system.
What is the whole in the sub frame for? Smaller exhaust and no spare?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is the whole in the sub frame for? Smaller exhaust and no spare?
No, it's there for a mount of some sort that isn't used on these trucks. My guess is this subframe is used in something else and that hole is for that application.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to drive to you and buy the catch can and intake already. I’m just going to add the exhaust to my list. I get the truck on Saturday.

what future plans to you have in the pipeline?

2 wishes I have are a vent to air diverted valve and a boost gauge for the cubby. Any hopes of seeing those from you?

your company really gets me excited for this truck. Keep up the good work!
Give me a shout before you stop by, I don't want you to stop and not be able to get what you want. We sold out of catch cans and need grommets for our intakes, the products are moving faster than I'd have guessed. Should be good again next week.

Once the intake is on you will be shocked how well you can hear the turbo and bypass valve! It's louder than my 3.5 F150!

Front mount intercooler is next for the truck and some tuning mixed in in the days to come.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

David, are these videos out on YouTube? I don’t know why but I can’t see them from the forum link. See below:
Ford Maverick Buschur's 3" cat back exhaust prototype for 2.0 Maverick all done! 1636649984148

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I promised myself I'd leave well enough alone....
any chance of a bundle deal? Catch can, exhaust and intake?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I promised myself I'd leave well enough alone....
any chance of a bundle deal? Catch can, exhaust and intake?
Nothing is ever good enough! LOL I'm sure we can work out a bundle. The exhausts will be about 5 weeks though.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine