First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
35, Senior Systems Analyst at a large golf car manufacturer. New to the forum. Started my Maverick journey a few weeks ago. Already had the test drive/$7500 markup blowup with the local dealer, so I’m branching out of the local Augusta area. Planning on ordering in August.
I am in Lincoln County and ordered from Ballentine Ford in Greenwood, SC. It was a few miles further than Fairway or Gerald Jones; their documentation fee is $225 compared to seven or eight hundred in Augusta. Also gave me my order at MSRP with a copy signed by the sales manager without my even having to ask. Smaller town atmosphere. Just got my window sticker today; about seven and a half months. Would I have gotten it any sooner in Augusta. Hard to say.

Good communication when I email my sales person. The day she was out, the sales manager called me back. Looked at my order and without me asking, said I was price protected and interest rate was protected as well. Even said their paperwork showed I had a Farm Bureau coupon showing. I have no idea how he knew that as I never turned in any info in relation to that.

I have not gotten the vehicle yet, but so far I am pleased. It may be too far for you. If you go I recommend a salesgirl named Bailey. Never took longer than 24 hours to respond to any of my emails. She also wisely told me not to order after market items that were constrained

Blue Devils Russ? I hope you are not referring to the Duke Blue Devils as I am a VT Hokie! 🙂
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just for fun -- what's everyone's age and occupation?
Sure. I'm 65, a Technician at a large particle accelerator and do part time field service for Philadelphia Gear, a manufacturer of large gearboxes (ships, power plants, etc.) Want the Maverick for runs to the scrapper, Menards, canoe camping, trailers, general stuff. Can't really sleep in it so I'm considering a Teardrop trailer. Anyone have leeds for that?

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
70 next month. Tried retiring twice. Hasn't worked so far. Next month will be 43 years for the same company. Manage hazardous waste disposal.

Operations manager

Still drag racing my 57 Chevy. Oh crap, sorry it's not a Ford. - Delete-Delete-Delete

My 57 in line to race in D/Cheaterstock in 1967. 327 with about 350hp with a GTO 4 speed behind it and 4:11 posi butt gears and Cheater Slicks. We even took bumpers off on race day. Took Cheater Stock Eliminator that year. My brother drove. He was much better at the Christmas Tree than I was.
Ford Maverick Your age / occupation? D6F29531-478D-46B7-BF31-44FA6C77BFB0

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 53,
I work for the Maine Department of Transportation
My hobbies are Kayaking, Virtual Model railroading, and Gun building.

I received my Maverick last week from Rowe ford in Auburn, Maine. Great dealer no ADM, no BS, no hard push to finance.

So far the truck is awesome! 50 MPG average so far.

thehazguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Roadmaster Wagon - 57 Chevy 210-80 Firebird
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 57 in line to race in D/Cheaterstock in 1967. 327 with about 350hp with a GTO 4 speed behind it and 4:11 posi butt gears and Cheater Slicks. We even took bumpers off on race day. Took Cheater Stock Eliminator that year. My brother drove. He was much better at the Christmas Tree than I was.
D6F29531-478D-46B7-BF31-44FA6C77BFB0.jpeg
Nice 2 door wagon. I was able to get the win in last Friday's Gambler race at Island Dragway.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am 36 and work in logistics.

thehazguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Roadmaster Wagon - 57 Chevy 210-80 Firebird
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What class do you run??
It's bracket racing. Footbrake everyone runs off their dial in. So handicap head starts. No dragsters, but motorcycles run. My car is a street driven 12.90 car and I usually get the head start. Plenty of 10 second cars and low 9 second bicycles. It's crazy.

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

48, retired

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's bracket racing. Footbrake everyone runs off their dial in. So handicap head starts. No dragsters, but motorcycles run. My car is a street driven 12.90 car and I usually get the head start. Plenty of 10 second cars and low 9 second bicycles. It's crazy.
Yea, know the drill. Cheater Stock had brackets also: A, B, C, etc. We were D. The winners of each bracket them faced off for Eliminator. There were handicaps.
I back up a bit. My brother worked at a body shop and a 66 or 67 (this was in 67) GTO came in after an accident. One ear was broken off of the aluminum cased Muncie Close Ratio 4 speed so they replaced the whole transmission but nothing else was wrong with it and he snagged it. Because the bolt pattern at that time was the same between the 389 and the 327 we had the ear welded on and after changing the input shaft and it's housing and a bit of drive shaft work, BINGO, a 4 speed instead of a 3 speed!
Now, back to the Eliminator races. My brother had beat the others so final race was against the winner of A class.
My brother said, "If I am ahead of him when I hit third gear, he isn't going to catch me." He didn't. We took Eliminator. He was mad and would avoid us like the plague because He was the owner of a transmission shop in our home town and we were only shade tree mechanics!
Fun times!

Sponsored

dlorton0844

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chrysler Town & Country
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just for fun -- what's everyone's age and occupation?
Turned 40 on Nov 15 and ordered my Maverick for a birthday present to myself. Looking forward to my first ever new vehicle. Unfortunately it's now closer to my 41st birthday and I'm still waiting (I know, I know).

Anyway, I'm a correctional officer at a state prison in Illinois.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

60 work in IT

WhiteMaverick12

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
27, high school chemistry teacher.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@M Spec @Administrator I read this entire thread today. It spans quite a bit of time, all the way back to November. Are you guys going to run the numbers and see how much the data has changed as of now, from the last time you did it?

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
39 - have worked in the auto industry since I was 15. Currently a manager at a Mazda/Subaru dealer. Spent 5 years with Porsche and my first 16 years with Honda. Also dabble in property investment.

Ordered my Maverick July 15th 2021, took deliver June 14th 2022
Sponsored