JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still not ultimately set on each trims! As I have always said, the XL is utility king! No frills, no fancy stuff, just business! Hybrid, truck, and price point makes this trim attractive.

The XLT is your gateway drug. Buyers that gotta have the essential features are also introduced to some fancy tech and luxury features (cruise control, outlet in the bed, arm rest in the back seat, heated sh*t, etc...)

Then the Lariat. The YOLO, the FOMO, the last truck (vehicle) I'm retiring with, and the things I never had when I was a kid. It has things you'll find in a Hyundai, KIA, that are standard but considered "premium" for Ford. But combine all of those with a hybrid truck, then it makes it a very compelling purchase!

I want my truck so bad!!
Sponsored

Mr.Roboto.1975

First Name
Stoned Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Merc Mariner hybrid, 04 Silv 3500, 87 F-700
Never having a push start, why is that so special?
The theory is, your key fob stays in your pocket. I'd rather have a key. There are numerous instances of people driving home into their attached garage, and going inside..... the car is still running. Couple hours later they are dead of carbon monoxide poisoning. Also say you start the car for your wife.... she drives away. You have the key fob in your pocket. The car will run until it is shut off, now she is stranded. That said, I'm not getting an XL so..... push button it is.

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The theory is, your key fob stays in your pocket. I'd rather have a key. There are numerous instances of people driving home into their attached garage, and going inside..... the car is still running. Couple hours later they are dead of carbon monoxide poisoning. Also say you start the car for your wife.... she drives away. You have the key fob in your pocket. The car will run until it is shut off, now she is stranded. That said, I'm not getting an XL so..... push button it is.
The engine shuts off after 30 minutes to prevent the first issue.

Also, if the key is not in the truck when you get in you cannot shift to drive. She won't be stranded!

Mr.Roboto.1975

First Name
Stoned Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Merc Mariner hybrid, 04 Silv 3500, 87 F-700
The engine shuts off after 30 minutes to prevent the first issue.

Also, if the key is not in the truck when you get in you cannot shift to drive. She won't be stranded!
This may be with this truck..... I've driven quite a few cars with push button, and have never tested what will happen in those scenarios. I'll give it a shot in the next few days when I drive another one. I personally am not a fan, regardless.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've worked hard for many years and retirement is staring me in the face. I damn well deserve a Lariat and that is what I got. There is absolutely nothing about those add-ons that came with the Lariat that I don't enjoy daily. I keep it clean inside and out. The real truth for me is I've never had a vehicle I like as much. Averaging right at 40 mpg with the Hybrid and couldn't be happier. What's the point of busting your ass for years and years and then settling for less. NO WAY JOSE!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.