Sponsored

xlt audio: why radio quality is so much better than usb/ bluetooth?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
was iphone 7 with latest apple update installed. not sure I cn control the specifics of the bluetooth independently. and also tried with a iphone 12 but not much difference until i used a better streaming service
Is the quality better over car play than Bluetooth?
Sponsored

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
Gull..i have a lariat but no LUX, i have the crappy 4 speaker XL/XLT standard audio package, however i have tore out the interior and installed sound deadning and CCF, along with an inexpensive speaker upgrade. I have a sirus satellite download over data then to bluetooth to truck and it is very satisfying. Downstreaming high quality or USB recorded music sounds quite well.

So dont give up on the standard head unit, it is very workable and fairly inexpensive to upgrade for decent sound quality. Although the interior environment can use alot of work with minimum funds.

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was instantly disappointed in radio reception... But you are right sounds better than anything else it produces.
I also noticed the dramatic eq change when one uses CarPlay. I was adjusting a powered subwoofer and fought it back and forth till I realized the difference. I have a 12pro and can not find anyway to change the reduction in quality. It could be streamed music or directly downloaded in my phone; it's a CarPlay issue. Doesn't matter if it is an Apple brand cord or Amazon. Using Bluetooth brought back the loudness and bass back to my music. Now if I could just figure out why it constantly disconnects and takes me directly to crazy loud half tuned radio station.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
I hear you on the disconnect, mine drops and i have to do song/dance to get it back. Couple times i could not get it all synced back up no matter what..but i am data streaming from phone to bluetooth to head unit, sometimes i go in through that USB-C.

On the phone I am streaming data thru sirus app to phone with VPN when i hit a dead spot it shuts down link and i have to resync.

But its worth the hassle for decent sound quality.

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Amazon audio quality sucks. I rip my own MP3s off CDs and have no quality problems. Streaming or downloading songs from Amazon, no way. FreeRip is a great, cheap way to convert your CD audio to MP3.

Sponsored

JohnieM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
+++++++++Update++++++++
play any of these modern high quality tracks yo really assess the quality of the audio out of your maverick https://audiophilemusic.io/portfolio/top-10-samplers-for-test-high-end-system/
What a difference!!! so before upgrading speakers I should select a better streaming service. The ones with amazon prime or youtube are junk or at least expose some trouble for the maverick

+++++++++++++++++++++++
I was disappointed but not totally surprised by the low quality of the audio output in my xlt. I could not listen music higher than 1/3 volume because of sound distortion. It is that bad; and I am no Beethoven.
I then did something I have not done in a long time. I listen music/rock from the RADIO. the sound was much better!
I use youtube (no subscription) and amazon prime with eirher Usb Usb3 or bluetooth and the audio is terrible. I set the audio quality to max available on those two services and I even tried to streaming while using the wifi of my house with plenty of bandwidth. I tested with both the original apple cable and a cheaper version with no noticeable difference.
I use an Iphone 7 that is not the newest out there but still performing great with audio for my other car with the same streaming services.
I imagine upgrading the speakers may help but there are other problems.
why would the radio quality be so much better than usb/bluetooth audio source?
is this a software bug waiting for a fix from ford?
I think the sound system in the Maverick is terrible and I have a Lariat with B & O sound.
Sponsored