First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at Falken Wildpeak AT3W All Season Radial Tire-245/65R17 111T for a Tremor
Little more money than KO2s but a half inch taller and wider while five pounds lighter @ 39# according to Amazon.
On my second set of KO2s on the Raptor and know those tires pretty well and know they're not the greatest on snow while the Falkens have a better snow rating.

Planning on swapping them out at delivery, I have an inside guy :cool:.

Question to y'all is, any rubbing from width during turning or in articulation?

Ford Maverick who's running 245/65R17 tires? fat3
Ford Maverick who's running 245/65R17 tires? fat32
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The question I would like the answer to is what do the 245's do to the accuracy of the speedo and the accuracy of the mpg computer?

As to the OP's question, you will love the peaks in all conditions. Quiet, good in the rain and in snow, even in deep snow. We run them on our Cherokee. I will put them on the Mav if and when it comes.

They look great too. What I like about the looks is they do not have that overly aggressive blocky sidewall tread design.

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at Falken Wildpeak AT3W All Season Radial Tire-245/65R17 111T for a Tremor
Little more money than KO2s but a half inch taller and wider while five pounds lighter @ 39# according to Amazon.
On my second set of KO2s on the Raptor and know those tires pretty well and know they're not the greatest on snow while the Falkens have a better snow rating.

fat3.jpg
fat32.jpg
245/65R17 is the most popular oversized AT setup on here for the Maverick that also boasts a lack of rubbing at stock height and wheel offset. There's also a gent on here that's running 255/65R17 Wildpeaks and asserts no rubbing at stock height.

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

fat3.jpg
fat32.jpg
Watch this.

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, thanx Redd. Those numbers look great for me. Appreciate the effort to post that. (y)
Not a problem bud. I've been obsessing over tires for the past few weeks anyways lol.

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No problems with these tires for me….know this size of tire cannot be used as a spare.

OP
OP
fossil

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The question I would like the answer to is what do the 245's do to the accuracy of the speedo and the accuracy of the mpg computer?
Going from Tremor size 235s to 245s is only 1.7% larger diameter according to the tiresize.com Redd posted not the 3.5% when compared to 225s Redd posted. Thanks Redd either way for showing the web site. Not a big hairy deal size wise.
Funny that these "Wildpeak All Season" tires look more aggressive than their "Wildpeak All Terrain" tires but hey it's their company and they can call them what they like. Initially thought it was an Amazon mistake but Tire Rack agrees so it is what it is.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No problems with these tires for me….know this size of tire cannot be used as a spare.
My 245/65R17 Toyo Open Country III fits underneath.

New England Aaron

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I run them, they're not the quietest things on the normal roads but have been amazing in snow.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. I would not have guessed 245/70r17 would fit.
That is a big tire.
Blake is my favorite Maverick Video Owner on YouTube. His videos are great.

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Going from Tremor size 235s to 245s is only 1.7% larger diameter according to the tiresize.com Redd posted not the 3.5% when compared to 225s Redd posted. Thanks Redd either way for showing the web site. Not a big hairy deal size wise.
Funny that these "Wildpeak All Season" tires look more aggressive than their "Wildpeak All Terrain" tires but hey it's their company and they can call them what they like. Initially thought it was an Amazon mistake but Tire Rack agrees so it is what it is.
You got it. I referenced the 225s simply because it's the standard size for the Maverick, with the 235s being optional. I do admit I forgot you specified it being a Tremor as opposed to a standard Mav though.

As for the Wildpeaks, I presume you're referring to the Wildpeak AT3W vs the Wildpeak AT Trail? If so, the AT3s are, indeed, their full all terrain offering, with the Trails meant as a somewhat milder alternative, specifically meant for CUVs and light-duty trucks. Oddly enough though, the less aggressive Trails don't even have the benefit of being really any lighter. Not that they're a poor option or anything.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You got it. I referenced the 225s simply because it's the standard size for the Maverick, with the 235s being optional. I do admit I forgot you specified it being a Tremor as opposed to a standard Mav though.

As for the Wildpeaks, I presume you're referring to the Wildpeak AT3W vs the Wildpeak AT Trail? If so, the AT3s are, indeed, their full all terrain offering, with the Trails meant as a somewhat milder alternative, specifically meant for CUVs and light-duty trucks. Oddly enough though, the less aggressive Trails don't even have the benefit of being really any lighter. Not that they're a poor option or anything.
I was surprised that the Trails weigh more than the classic AT3Ws. That's why I went Toyo. Weight savings is significant.
Sponsored