Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted to upgrade my Alto Blue Maverick with Tailgate letters but not sure which one to go with. My favorite are the black OEM ones offered on the Ford site. But those are too dark and was wondering if anyone with Alto Blue has installed those. Alternatively I was thinking to buy those cheap ones from Ebay in Red but not sure about quality and longevity. Any thoughts and experience would be highly appreciated.
Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

I wanted to upgrade my Alto Blue Maverick with Tailgate letters but not sure which one to go with. My favorite are the black OEM ones offered on the Ford site. But those are too dark and was wondering if anyone with Alto Blue has installed those. Alternatively I was thinking to buy those cheap ones from Ebay in Red but not sure about quality and longevity. Any thoughts and experience would be highly appreciated.
I bought the orange ones from eBay you mentioned for my velocity blue maverick I take delivery of next week. I think they would look good on the alto blue as well but thats just my input. Haven’t put them on yet but I do dig the color.

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the orange ones from eBay you mentioned for my velocity blue maverick I take delivery of next week. I think they would look good on the alto blue as well but thats just my input. Haven’t put them on yet but I do dig the color.
I second orange. I think It looks best with the the alto blue. I went with black for my cactus gray Mav.

Sponsored

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Which tailgate Letters for Alto Blue? IMG_20211208_124011361
Ford Maverick Which tailgate Letters for Alto Blue? IMG_20211206_175632791

Alto Blue with patriotic letters on tailgate. eBay, about $35. Easy peasy installation. Seem to be good quality. People who see them love 'em.

RAMS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Sorento SX & 2007 Infiniti M35x
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m going Reflective Black off EBay for my Alto Blue when it arrives.… 😳 Someday… 😎

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with thin blue line, they complement the Alto Blue and have many people think they look awesome!

Ford Maverick Which tailgate Letters for Alto Blue? 6FC1C1C6-2DF7-4D34-95C0-A75181B2D815

Sponsored

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am torn on the same issue - what lettering on Alto Blue? I also want black but I would like to see it on one to confirm if it has enough contrast. I am also considering the vinyl Carbon Fiber on Alto Blue.

OP
OP
Sylvester

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am torn on the same issue - what lettering on Alto Blue? I also want black but I would like to see it on one to confirm if it has enough contrast. I am also considering the vinyl Carbon Fiber on Alto Blue.
The only issue I have with the aftermarket ones is the concerns about quality and longevity, otherwise I would probably go with the red ones. I really don't want to scratch those after one year or so from my paint when they are faded or partially damaged. Most probably going with the OEM black ones but still waiting to see more answers here before final decision.

OP
OP
Sylvester

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This the Black Platinum from the Ford accessory website. I used my Ford Pass points to get them free.
PXL_20211221_225018463.jpg
Those look great on the brighter colors but not sure how those would be on Alto Blue.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only issue I have with the aftermarket ones is the concerns about quality and longevity, otherwise I would probably go with the red ones. I really don't want to scratch those after one year or so from my paint when they are faded or partially damaged. Most probably going with the OEM black ones but still waiting to see more answers here before final decision.
They will come off easily with a heat gun. I am not sure of how long they will last in the FL sun. I am probably doing the same and using the black OEM but I may try some of the Vinyl first. They are cheap enough and I can remove them if they fade out.
The black OEM letters should stand out in sunlight and blend in at night. I just wish I could see a few pix on an Alto Blue...