First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 06 tundra got hit a couple times but never stolen. The shop put rows of tack welding along the areas that one would cut. A guy tried to cut through that and stopped. It's too hard and was the loudest screeching from the blade trying to get through it. They look like veins along the tubing. I can hear them if they do it and this will at least give me time to do something. Keeping the cat is priority.
Sponsored

xtothe13

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just placed an order for this for my Tremor - I’ll update when mine is delivered and subsequently installed.
did you ever receive it and install? i just got my 2024 EB and am also thinking about ordering the JCR cover.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
did you ever receive it and install? i just got my 2024 EB and am also thinking about ordering the JCR cover.
I purchased for $239 during their black Friday sale. I'm waiting for my next oil change to install but it's high quality. I'll be sure to post photos.

OneHappyTremor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tremor Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received but haven’t installed it yet. I will update when I do. It’s a nice, hefty 18-lb shield as advertised.

Sponsored

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Best thing to do is get a new high flow exhaust with a smaller cat(less elements inside to sell for) or slam the truck down with airbag suspension.
Im going with full on exhaust from turbo.
Theres a vid of some guys cutting a cat from a car right in front of the woman's house. They didn't give a crap if she was yelling from the window.
Theres also a site that sells shields for Prius and Hondas. Its a decent chunk of metal with one way bolts but a thief wants they gets.
Good luck

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if an alarm with a motion detector might make sense.

In the 80's, when approaching some cars, some alarms would announce their presence on the vehicle - e.g. "step away from the vehicle."
Protected by Viper, stand back!

I remember that lol.

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
anyone knows a catalytic converter shield model and manufacturer that works with Ford Maverick Hybrid?
Huh? The cat converter is right on the side of the engine, tucked up where you would need to remove half of the components just to get to it. Nobody is stealing that. Are you sure you're looking at the cat converter and not a resonator?

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Huh? The cat converter is right on the side of the engine, tucked up where you would need to remove half of the components just to get to it. Nobody is stealing that. Are you sure you're looking at the cat converter and not a resonator?
Incorrect, there are two cats, the one you think is a resonator is actually a secondary cat

Sponsored

Ken L

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System on my23. If someone attempted to use a sawsall etc. It would definitely set the alarm off. 30 seconds of horn blowing and flashing lights would be a definite deterent. It then resets automatically for the next vibration. I also get the notification on my phone in the Ford Pass app.
I know that this works, once I was parked a a roadside stand and an eighteen wheeler went by using his engine brakes and by the time he passed my truck was honking. At home, I've folded a mirror in a it 'snapped ' in position and the alarm went off.

Ken

xtothe13

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered one since there is a lead time. They already hit my mom's minivan in our neighborhood a month ago. Luckily they didn't finish cutting the cat off so we weren't at a total loss.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered one since there is a lead time. They already hit my mom's minivan in our neighborhood a month ago. Luckily they didn't finish cutting the cat off so we weren't at a total loss.
Mine was about 2 weeks from order to my door.

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Received but haven’t installed it yet. I will update when I do. It’s a nice, hefty 18-lb shield as advertised.
Checking in to see if you ever got the cover installed and what your thoughts are? Considering one myself. Thanks!