Lawton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean use order code instead of vin#.
I just left there with the signed invoice and a personal "We will sell at MSRP" signed on it as well.
Sponsored

docsmith1511

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT LUX velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On principle, I would not buy from a dealer trying to force something like paint protection or an $800 SIBL (like Sandy Springs Ford did). My dealer Chapman even allowed me to do my own tag and title registration that took 15 minutes but they would have charge $250+.
Did you go to Chapman for pickup?

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you go to Chapman for pickup?
Yes, they picked me up at the airport, and it was a pleasant 698 mile mini-vacation ride home. Tried to buy another one from them yesterday...but their rumors of a Hybrid AWD was wrong. Chapman was a total decent experience... hope to buy from them again....still at least $1,700 less than any local dealer.

Went to all 4 local dealers...they were of zero assistance, one had a demo XL in the lot with accessories at double price and trying to get $31,000+ for an XL base model.

Last edited:

docsmith1511

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT LUX velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, they picked me up at the airport, and it was a pleasant 698 mile mini-vacation ride home. Tried to buy another one from them yesterday...but their rumors of a Hybrid AWD was wrong. Chapman was a total decent experience... hope to buy from them again....still at least $1,700 less than any local dealer.

Went to all 4 local dealers...they were of zero assistance, one had a demo XL in the lot with accessories at double price and trying to get $31,000+ for an XL base model.
Whenever mine gets built, I will make the flight up and drive 800 miles to north GA. Did they try any upselling? Did they send you finance documents to speed up the process?

Sponsored

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After completely sitting on the sidelines for the 2022 model year, I decided to jump in and try to get a 2023.

I put in an A-Plan order with Lithia Springs Ford on Monday (9/19/22) at lunchtime. No deposit, I have a Preview Build Sheet signed, and a Dealer signed purchase order with all the fees included. Everything was straight forward and efficient. Got the email confirmation from Ford and I have a COVP tracking number. I picked an Atlas Blue Lariat FX4/4K tow with no other options other than tray floor-mats and full sized spare. I'm hoping it gets built in a reasonable time-frame (before next summer?)

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whenever mine gets built, I will make the flight up and drive 800 miles to north GA. Did they try any upselling? Did they send you finance documents to speed up the process?
My trip was probably 799 miles. Learned a long time ago, when dealing with car dealers, just tell them it is a cash deal, that way they will not Hasell you to finance with them or have to provide credit info...they also tend to forget any last minute add on charges since the check is already made. I did not finance, but if I had I would not have told them, since it is none of their business as long as they get their money.

I also waited until they gave me a 1 hr overview of the truck and set up FordPass and CarPlay for me before handing them their cashiers check. They did press for Extended Warranty, but all dealers do. Defiantly a pleasant dealer to deal with....and they paid for Uber to pick me up at the airport (40 miles away). In 2021 they were giving 4% off dealer invoice, now it's 1% off.

Not using the Courtesy Deliver save $250, and doing my own Tag/Tax/Title paperwork saved another $200.... saved way more than cost of gas back home.
Blue Ridge Parkway south of Charlottsville was an amazing scenic route home.

Last edited:

MoonJelly

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After completely sitting on the sidelines for the 2022 model year, I decided to jump in and try to get a 2023.

I put in an A-Plan order with Lithia Springs Ford on Monday (9/19/22) at lunchtime. No deposit, I have a Preview Build Sheet signed, and a Dealer signed purchase order with all the fees included. Everything was straight forward and efficient. Got the email confirmation from Ford and I have a COVP tracking number. I picked an Atlas Blue Lariat FX4/4K tow with no other options other than tray floor-mats and full sized spare. I'm hoping it gets built in a reasonable time-frame (before next summer?)
Best of luck! If your priority code is 19 (like mine), you may be waiting until next fall. I'm not in any hurry; I'm saving some pennies so every month that goes by gets me a little closer to a cash deal.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Best of luck! If your priority code is 19 (like mine), you may be waiting until next fall. I'm not in any hurry; I'm saving some pennies so every month that goes by gets me a little closer to a cash deal.
Remember, priority only matters within the dealership. I don't think my dealer has many, if any, orders at a priority 10. They put in everything at a 19. My build doesn't have many constraints, so hopefully, hopefully ....

Moon

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram. Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a Lariat yesterday from Jim Ellis and got email confirmation this morning from Ford.
Augusta. Ordered XLT Catcus gray on August 26, Haven't heard much from Gerald Jones.
I’m in Augusta too but I ordered my Lariat from Stokes Hodges in Aiken because they advertise they don’t charge over MSRP. Plus they give free three year maintenance.

Sponsored

GA Hot Pepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E, F-150 Lariat, Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Placed my 23 XLT order during that 5 day ordering window with Akins in Winder. Crazy thing, I ordered this for my 14 yr old grandson. It should be here for him to start learning to drive. I might enjoy it some also. Good luck to everyone in getting their Maverick in a timely manner.

GPCC_PeaCe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered Lariat Tremor from Greene Ford in Gainesville. I live in Hall County. Hoping it's a reputable dealer with no markups. Anyone have experience with them?

Lrz_Blrvzn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not see any feedback on Wade Ford in Smyrna, GA, so I wanted to share my positive experience.

I ordered my MY2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 (EcoBoost) with Wade Ford in Smyrna, GA in JAN 2022, and just took delivery of my truck yesterday. I had a great experience and the price stated on the PO was honored without question. From my experience with the dealer, I would definitely order from them again. They were very responsive and kept me notified along the way.

Last edited:

Moon

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram. Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, I haven't seen any shoutouts from Georgia ppl yet. I put my Mav order in at Hardy in Dallas, GA in June and there were already 36 orders ahead of mine so I know you're out there.
Hi, I’m in Augusta. Ordered my Maverick Lariat w/ lux. Pkg and copilot 360, Atlas Blue (wanted velocity blue) but was told it was discontinued. I was told I was the first order at Stokes Hodges Ford in Aiken S.C.

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not see any feedback on Wade Ford in Smyrna, GA, so I wanted to share my positive experience.

I ordered my MY2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 (EcoBoost) with Wade Ford in Smyrna, GA in JAN 2022, and just took delivery of my truck yesterday. I had a great experience and the price stated on the PO was honored without question. From my experience with the dealer, I would definitely order from them again. They were very responsive and kept me notified along the way.
Wade Ford did my CD from Chapman and it too was a great experience!
Sponsored