Sponsored

When is DORA available and should I change my order?

APD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Order submitted
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered in september, I left the dealership with only the "order preview" sheet, that has the sales code and order code on it.
I did not know about DORA at the time, is it available immediately after placing order, or does ford have to schedule the build first? When in the timeline is it available?

I noticed one line on the order preview sheet says: "PRICED DORA $0"
I have received the 45 day emails so ford is acknowledging an order.

Second question: Its a hybrid XLT with trailer hitch, full size spare, & sliding window. I didn't order the SIBL because of last years constraint. Seems like lots of people are getting SIBL and no longer a constraint. I'm also considering adding Copilot 360 which doesn't seem to be a constraint either. Will making changes slow down the process or not change anything?
Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Changes will only slow down things if you do on a Thursday between 2 and 4 pm and there is snow on the ground ..... Truthfully no one knows what will or will not speed up or slow down an order with Ford Im not sure even anyone at Ford knows .......

OP
OP

APD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Order submitted
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truthfully no one knows what will or will not speed up or slow down an order with Ford Im not sure even anyone at Ford knows .......
You're likely right. That's been my attitude as well, but I guess I just was wondering out loud to the internet.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered in september, I left the dealership with only the "order preview" sheet, that has the sales code and order code on it.
I did not know about DORA at the time, is it available immediately after placing order, or does ford have to schedule the build first? When in the timeline is it available?

Second question: Its a hybrid XLT with trailer hitch, full size spare, & sliding window. I didn't order the SIBL because of last years constraint. Seems like lots of people are getting SIBL and no longer a constraint. I'm also considering adding Copilot 360 which doesn't seem to be a constraint either. Will making changes slow down the process or not change anything?
The DORA should be available to the dealer shortly after submitting the order in WBDO (I've never tracked the timing....but probably the next day after the order is submitted?)

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The hitch is still highly constrained. That (plus being a hybrid) will be your biggest obstacle to scheduling. Removing the hitch could speed up the process for you.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The DORA should be available to the dealer shortly after submitting the order in WBDO (I've never tracked the timing....but probably the next day after the order is submitted?)
My dealer usually sent my DORAs 2-3 days after I changed my order.
Sponsored