First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I average ~ 24-26 mpg with my AWD. I don't drive the interstate, but it's technically a highway, like a state road so there are traffic lights, but it's mostly three lanes of cruising at 50mph.

I used the slippery mode once when it was raining and I didn't wreck, so there ya go! Actually, I couldn't tell a difference. I think it does engage the AWD, or at least puts the rear wheels on notice. There's a great video explaining the system if you haven't seen it:
Maverick AWD System Explained
Did you buy the ICE for gas milage or fun. I get over all 25 to 28 mpg. Much better than 16 to 18 mpg on my 2009 Honda. I bought this truck for fun not mpg.
Sponsored

Kevin H.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you buy the ICE for gas milage or fun. I get over all 25 to 28 mpg. Much better than 16 to 18 mpg on my 2009 Honda. I bought this truck for fun not mpg.
MPG was a big factor. I traded out of a Silverado so it's a big improvement. I guess I got ICE because I've always wanted AWD, which is for fun - getting up into rough forest service roads for hiking. An AWD hybrid would have been cool. My next truck, I guess...

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Front wheel drives in the main are good at holding traction in rain. The bigger concern is when it rains lightly but just enough that the roads get slick from oil in pavement coming to the surface. If you can control a skid when you hit an oil slick in FWD the AWD in conjunction with the traction control will keep it from happening or it will be minor.

As far as MPG for ecoboost mode on the equivalent of mixed mode driving I average anywhere between 28.5 to 30.8 MPG with a 2.0L w/AWD and 4k tow package. Highway anywhere between 30 - 33 mpg in ecoboost mode. Your MPG will vary if the temps get cold enough and if terrain you drive is by and large flat without too many sharp curves unlike what I drive which is mountainous with some really sharp curves on the back roads.
Sponsored