First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone please tell me what's going on with Ford?
I ordered my Maverick on July 24 got an email from FORD confirming production on September 23 in early August but nothing else.
On the 25th of September on track my build it said in production but it was built and will ship it to my dealer in 3 to 5 days.
Then 11-17 days then delivery date of October 17. Then last week it changed to TBD.
I called my dealer and he assured me it has been built but is still at the plant.
I'm starting to think it was heavily damaged trying to ship but they are not telling me that.
It's an XLT hybrid and I know there have been delays but this is B.S. that Ford is not telling me anything.
Sponsored

Hyfly11

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hyrum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They Hybrid is still being tested by the EPA and is not able to be sold yet. They are essentially waiting for the OK from the government to be able to sell it.

Richlizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford escape
Dealers cannot sell hybrid until 12-8-21. EPA certification. Date subject to change. They are being held at the plant for later shipping.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While Ford has never stated it directly, all hybrids seem to be on hold. Explanations for this vary depending on the source, but more reliable sources indicate that they should be released in early December. What that means about shipping, etc. is unclear.

For more information, speculation, rumors, and conspiracy theories, start reading through the many threads on this forums.

OP
OP

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been on this fourm cense July.
I see people who are getting responses from FORD about delays but I get nothing!!!!
And it's really starting to piss me off.
At least when I was in the military I expected to be kept in the dark.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been on this fourm cense July.
I see people who are getting responses from FORD about delays but I get nothing!!!!
And it's really starting to piss me off.
At least when I was in the military I expected to be kept in the dark.
You are probably built. If you have your vin got to the tracker page and try to ping the 4g modem. If you get a bunch If MAC gibberish you're built!

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Dealers cannot sell hybrid until 12-8-21. EPA certification. Date subject to change. They are being held at the plant for later shipping.
We didn't get confirmation on that date

OP
OP

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On m
You are probably built. If you have your vin got to the tracker page and try to ping the 4g modem. If you get a bunch If MAC gibberish you're built!
When I look at the window sticker down in the bottom there's a date of 09-14-21
Others here say that's the assembly date.
I really don't mind if it is delayed I just wanted some kind of word from FORD.
But not one word, I got really excited last month to see on track my build it said built and will ship and so on
Mike

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like you want some answers from Ford. Call them (800) 334-4375.

My hybrid is sitting down there in the Sonoran desert with yours and many others. Ford tracker has shown mine in production since 9/30/2021. My delivery has shown TBA since October 10 or so, before that it was just N/A. Ford hasn't told me anything more than that.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like you want some answers from Ford. Call them (800) 334-4375.

My hybrid is sitting down there in the Sonoran desert with yours and many others. Ford tracker has shown mine in production since 9/30/2021. My delivery has shown TBA since October 10 or so, before that it was just N/A. Ford hasn't told me anything more than that.
How long did you have to be on hold before they pick up?
I'm limited on time. During working hours.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long did you have to be on hold before they pick up?
I'm limited on time. During working hours.
I've never called Ford. I've only been provided emails for order confirmation, as well as notice of production, and whatever information the tracker gives me.

I read here on the forum people say 30 to 45 minutes hold time is the norm.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Calm down. I ordered on June 19. Got a confirmation email for my XLT Cactus Grey with Copilot360 and rear slider. Then nothing since then mine hasn’t even been pulled to be built or a VIN created.
Similar and my order was #2 at my dealer. The only thing we know is that the hybrids are not OKTB yet. Consider yourself lucky that you have some dates, many of us have been waiting much longer with no info. Personally, I don't blame Ford, everybody is scrambling with the supply chain chaos.

russross

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know you want answers from Ford, but it is your dealer who owes you communication. Ford is not allowed by law to sell you a vehicle. They sell to dealers and dealers sell to you. They don't make a vehicle to your specs because you ordered one, they make one because a dealer put in an order at your request. It's a stupid, obsolete system, but welcome to America. Until you actually own the car, you have no relationship at all with Ford and any communication they give you is a courtesy. Meanwhile, you have a deal with your dealer and may have even given them money. It's their job to keep you up-to-date on what is happening. Chances are they do a terrible job of it (I hate the dealer system) but they are the ones who made a promise directly to you and it is their responsibility to manage the relationship with Ford.

Personally I wish Ford would send me a lot more direct updates and bypass the dealers more, but under the American system their relationship is with the dealer and not with me until I drive away with the vehicle, and even then my interactions with Ford will be through a dealer. I feel entitled to complain, but I also recognize that Ford doesn't actually owe me anything. If I could order a vehicle directly from the factory, then it would be different. As it stands, the dealer mostly stands in the way at every step of the process, but they are the ones who took my deposit and promised me a truck.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Your dealer is undoubtedly correct that your truck is still at the plant. But they should also have explained it's due to waiting for EPA certification for the hybrid. Dealers seem to be a big part of the communication problem, withholding information and in some cases spreading misinformation.
Sponsored