Sponsored

What is considered a "good" dealer allocation for the Maverick?

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

While calling around dealerships, one thing I try to ask is how many Mavericks they get in per month. Usually they seem to state around 10-15, and these are for relatively large dealerships in my area. I know Long McArthur said they have gotten upwards of 60-70 per month as a point of reference, but given that their business strategy is also catering to out-of-state buyers and a transparent buyer process, it's understandable they get a lot of orders, I think by last count from Tim @fordvideoguy , he said in a livestream that they were at about 600+ orders for the 2023 order banks.

Theoretically, the allocation system is meant so that smaller dealerships can receive some Mavericks to sell, but seems to me that it's probably best to get an order in at a dealership that gets a lot of allocation to maximize your chance of actually getting your order built and delivered, assuming you pick a build that isn't super constrained with rare options.
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the best strategy is the reverse. Go to a small dealer that requires a deposit. Better to be higher up on a shorter list than lower down on a longer one, even if the longer one is being processed a little faster. IMO.

bigshmoop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Plymouth Satellite, 2023 Toyota 4Runner ORP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really hope Ford realizes what an asset Tim (@fordvideoguy) has been to this and the Bronco community and gives that dealership a higher allocation. That being said, there's more to it than that. I'm not implying those 600 orders should be done before others but a bump to accommodate the large amount of orders from that dealership should raise some eyebrows on their end.
Sponsored