Sponsored

What'd you put in dash Cubby Hole (space next display screen)?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Garmin Drivesmart 65 that hooks up to a wireless front camera. I'm wondering if there is going to be some clean way to mount it angled from that cubbyhole, with the mount in the hole that it can click into, and a hole drilled in the back of it to route a power cable through.

Once you have front cameras on your vehicles for parking, its really hard to live without it.

The unit is large though: 7" x 4" but thin:
Ford Maverick What'd you put in dash Cubby Hole (space next display screen)? Capture.JPG

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a rooftop sunglasses holder in all the models on the build and price page's 360 view of the interior
Not if you ordered the Moon/Sunroof option

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Garmin Drivesmart 65 that hooks up to a wireless front camera. I'm wondering if there is going to be some clean way to mount it angled from that cubbyhole, with the mount in the hole that it can click into, and a hole drilled in the back of it to route a power cable through.

Once you have front cameras on your vehicles for parking, its really hard to live without it.

The unit is large though: 7" x 4" but thin:
Capture.JPG
So I did a bit of photoshop trying to get it to scale based on the dimensions of the factory infotainment, and it would just be excessively large up there and looks really weird.

Luckily, its just about a perfect fit in the little cubby there on the bottom, where there is already power and it'd be angled perfectly for easy touch input and still easy to see when inching up parking forward for the forward camera.

Since its meant as a phone holder though, I would likely need to find a wireless android auto adapter for the factory head unit for my actual phone, and that cubby could perhaps house an automatic clamping phone holder mount that has fast wireless charging capabilities. If not, then just keep phone in your pocket and put your garage door opener or something in that cubby.
Ford Maverick What'd you put in dash Cubby Hole (space next display screen)? Capture2.JPG

Alternatively, if someone knows how to add a front camera to the factory head unit, that would of course be cleaner, or perhaps just pulling the head unit and installing a full size one that occupies the full space and has front camera input capability.

Last edited:

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Oh so you live near Norman?

so many TX/OK jokes. Dad was a Korean Era Marine DI from OK. I grew up in Texas. Texas OU weekend was always a great deal of fun.
Always had a soft spot in my heart for Norman OK, used to go their for training. My fav hangouts were Sugars, Lil Darlins, and a restaurant called The Service Station on 502 S. Webster. Loved the place !

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some might like to put a mace can or small stun gun. As for me I don’t have a clue. I will wait for you guys to make stuff for it

edandhelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moxie
My Thursday Paracord Therapy project - a 'basket' to hold the opener. Our salesman allowed us a brief sit in a sold Mav...where I discovered that the volume of that cubby is actually pretty small because it tapers.

Anyway, 25 feet of Frostbite Camo from Paracord Planet is cheap therapy!

Ford Maverick What'd you put in dash Cubby Hole (space next display screen)? Paracord Therapy

Ford Maverick What'd you put in dash Cubby Hole (space next display screen)? Paracord Therapy 2