2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dang it! Every time I see a SF they are more expensive than the week before.

Wait, I never wanted one in the first place.

I’m good.
Lol same
Sponsored

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I looked at the Santa Cruz before I ordered a Maverick. The issue with the SC is that you cannot get the larger more powerful engine without getting the higher end packages and models...which bumps the price up considerably. SC has specific packages that are required to get the better engine...since the smaller engine is absolute garbage in terms of HP and MPG and shouldn't even be allowed nowdays on the road. I tired to price out the larger engine in a SC without all the bells and whistles...impossible unless you add their major packages which bumps up the price extremely fast...so you might as well order a fully loaded SC since that is almost what you need to get in order to have the larger better eninge installed. Every reasonably priced SC that I saw on lots had the bad engine.

MrC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked at the Santa Cruz before I ordered a Maverick. The issue with the SC is that you cannot get the larger more powerful engine without getting the higher end packages and models...which bumps the price up considerably. SC has specific packages that are required to get the better engine...since the smaller engine is absolute garbage in terms of HP and MPG and shouldn't even be allowed nowdays on the road. I tired to price out the larger engine in a SC without all the bells and whistles...impossible unless you add their major packages which bumps up the price extremely fast...so you might as well order a fully loaded SC since that is almost what you need to get in order to have the larger better eninge installed. Every reasonably priced SC that I saw on lots had the bad engine.

MrC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if I drive like an old fart or not but I'm averaging 28.65 MPG in my SEL AWD. That includes rural driving and city driving and if you've ever been to Tennessee you would know thats not flatland..
I’m in NC and get about 26-28.
3000 road trip was up to 29-30 driving 75-80 including VA and WV mountains.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a good friend who wanted a small truck but didn't want to wait on a Mav, so he got a SC. He sat in mine last week, then test drove it. Pulled back in the drive and immediately said, "I should have waited." And his year old SC is already having tranny problems.

Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a good friend who wanted a small truck but didn't want to wait on a Mav, so he got a SC. He sat in mine last week, then test drove it. Pulled back in the drive and immediately said, "I should have waited." And his year old SC is already having tranny problems.
Bet he had the Higher level one which is known for it's DCT problems. The SEL doesn't have those issues. Let me add I've owned both a Hybrid Maverick and the Santa Cruz SEL and there is no comparison in the way they handle or ride as well as the level of noise. I sold my Maverick and kept the Santa Cruz. Biggest advantage the Maverick had was the gas mileage in the Hybrid, the better all wheel drive system for offroad (Tremor) and currently the after market accessories. Other than that the features on my SEL were far superior than my Maverick unless you add a bunch of options and even then Maverick doesn't have some comparable options. But hey too each his own. I prefered te SC others preer the Maverick. I had both and drove both...my preferences are obviously different than yours but than again I don't drive 10-20,000 miles a year so MPG is not as high as on some folks scale but over 28MPG is good enough for me..

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Plenty around . Don’t have to look really
Sponsored