Sponsored

Weird Front/Rear Interior Light Behavior

ncarter124

2.0L EcoBoost
Active member
First Name
Nick
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
29
Reaction score
52
Location
Middle, Tennessee
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Tremor EcoBoost, 2026 Mach-E GT Performance Pack
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got a strange one. I just got my Maverick, literally last night. I went to the store tonight and I noticed when I was pulling out of the driveway ONLY the rear interior light was on. I checked and no door ajar warnings or lights. I then confirmed the upper switch is in the center and when I toggled it to fully on the front lights came on, toggled it back to center and all lights went out. Great.
Now however, when I open any door (running, not running, doesn't matter) I only get the front interior lights. Even when I open a rear door only the front lights come on and not the rear. If I toggle the switch all lights come on, but the rear ones now seem to only operation when switched to them manually and not by opening the doors.
Has anyone had this happen? Tried searching but not a lot of luck.
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
ncarter124

ncarter124

2.0L EcoBoost
Active member
First Name
Nick
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
29
Reaction score
52
Location
Middle, Tennessee
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Tremor EcoBoost, 2026 Mach-E GT Performance Pack
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Figured it out. Had to push the rear light to turn it off. Apparently you can push the entire light assembly to turn it off or on and mine was 'on'. Seems to have fixed the issue
 

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
8,689
Reaction score
15,827
Location
Central Nevada & Utah
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Figured it out. Had to push the rear light to turn it off. Apparently you can push the entire light assembly to turn it off or on and mine was 'on'. Seems to have fixed the issue
Sorry Nick, I didn't see your post till now.
I made a video for another thread and posted it Wednesday about being able to turn the light on and off by pushing it.
For those that don't know. The back seat light can be turned on and off independently of the front light by pushing it. This light will also stay lit while the truck is running.
See video.
 

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Jan 9, 2022
Threads
64
Messages
5,695
Reaction score
6,322
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Figured it out. Had to push the rear light to turn it off. Apparently you can push the entire light assembly to turn it off or on and mine was 'on'. Seems to have fixed the issue
The Maverick is full of quirky surprises. :ROFLMAO:. Glad to hear you solved the issue and thanks for posting to let others know.
Sponsored

 
 







Top