First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2006 Toyota RAV-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered 9/21 I had experience with WeatherTech mats in previous vehicles but was all Mavved Up so I got the Ford branded mats. Immediately felt they were too small and thin. Family got me the WT units for my birthday and I replaced the Mav originals this morning.

WT units are hands down larger, higher, thicker and better. Highly recommend them for anyone wondering. Hybrid Lariat model.

IMG_20230313_082848.jpg

IMG_20230313_082902.jpg

IMG_20230313_082956.jpg

IMG_20230313_083004.jpg

IMG_20230313_083056.jpg

IMG_20230313_083116.jpg
Thanks for this post, was considering getting the Ford ones but seeing this confirms what I was thinking. I’ll be ordering the Weather Tech ones once my Maverick is built. Also, it’s nice to support an American company that chose to build a manufacturing facility in the U.S. and hire Americans.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never understand why they don't make the floor mat to cover up under the gas pedal like WeatherTech does.

The Tremor comes standard with the all weather mats and I am still likely to purchase the WT mats.

I would recommend Cerakoting the WT mats so you can wipe them off easily.
So if it slips for some reason and covers the gas pedal. It happened to me with WTs on an old XJ jeep Cherokee. Some how the pedal got behind the mat. Turned on the vehicle stepped on the gas to start moveing and the gas pedal never came back up.... I acted quickly and turned off the vehicle. Could have ended badly.

Skifletch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had the Weather Tech in the past and i just isn't flush to the driver door. I had the factor set from GMC on my last vehicle and they had the same issue. I found these 3D ones and they are flush all around and the back of them is made out of a velcro type material so they stay in place great even in the back where there isn't a button. I also bought the smart liners for like $80 but when I tried to return them, they dinged me $40 for the shipping I said meh for $40 they can sit in the basement as backup.

https://3dmatsusa.com/collections/c...gu-floor-liner?model=MjAyM0BGT1JEQE1BVkVSSUNL
Bought a set of these but they only came with the front pair, not the rear. Love the fit, it's fantastic but a bit ticked. Have an email into CS for now, will see what they say

BigShoots920

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought a set of these but they only came with the front pair, not the rear. Love the fit, it's fantastic but a bit ticked. Have an email into CS for now, will see what they say
Bummer I guess I should have mentioned I ordered from AutoAnything.com because they give a 365 price guarantee so every once and awhile I'll check if they're cheaper for a refund but I did get front and back ones from them.

Sponsored

BobC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Impala, 23 Maverick EB AWD Lux 4K Fx4 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the post with the photos. Curious about the cost comparison…. Yes I’m too lazy to look it up at this moment lol.

Also, did you get the back seat mats?

I bought the full set of official Maverick mats after I bought my truck, but will certainly consider WT for my new Mav.
Yes the WT is more $. Also, be aware that there are 2 WT mats that fit the Mav EB models. I had the older / original style on my 1st '22 XLT but spent a bit more $ for the H2 version on my newest '23 Lariat

These are more heavy-duty & aren't as prone to having the sides flex out and get wavy when a bit older.

Skifletch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bummer I guess I should have mentioned I ordered from AutoAnything.com because they give a 365 price guarantee so every once and awhile I'll check if they're cheaper for a refund but I did get front and back ones from them.
They actually contacted me right away and said they screwed up the listing. It was supposed to be for front only but the listing was for a full set. Told me they're shipping the rears free of charge. Assuming they show up, epic customer service

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just another observation here.

I worked at a major used car franchise for a while so I saw a lot of different all weather mats that had some mileage on them.

Most of the Weathertech mats, in vehicles that had them, were warped and curled up on the edges. Some had bent and warped so bad that the color was fading out of them.

I had always wanted some WT mats until I saw how they faired after a few years. Most of the other staff felt the same way about them.

WT mats look good to start with but they are pretty cheaply made IMO.

I bought some Ford mats for my Mav. They look to be the same material as other stock AW mats which alway hold up very well. They are more like rubber instead of hard plastic like WT.

This whole deal of covering every square inch of carpeting is really overblown. Most weather mats cover the parts that gets dirty and, more importantly, wet.

If you already bought some WT’s, great! Hope you like them.
If your on the fence though, I can’t recommend them when there are a few other options now.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Smartliners are just as good as WT and less money.
Sponsored