Very weird day: Got punting email and dealer told me I was in production

NewTruckDriver

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Cherokee
I know a lot of folks just got the email that, if they haven't received a build email yet, they're going to need to change their build or be punted to 2023. I got the email, and my condolences to anyone else who got it who was hoping for a 2022 with their preferred options.

But then I had a very weird afternoon and had 20 minutes to kill while waiting on my dinner order to be ready for pickup, so I decided to go by the dealer and see my options. Wife and I had already discussed switching to 2023 or seeing if we could take the $500 and put it on an electric vehicle. When I arrived, the online sales manager was VERY surprised to see me because HE HAD MY ORDER on his tracker and taped to his office window. Not sure what happened with Ford's system that I got the no-build email instead of a build email, but my truck is headed into production in August and should be delivered late-September/early-October according to dealer. He showed me the production schedule and my order in his system.

So if you got a punt email, it might be worth double-checking with dealer/Ford before you go too far down the rabbit hole of what to do now. Again, condolences to anyone who gets the bad news twice.

Ford Maverick Very weird day: Got punting email and dealer told me I was in production Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 10.57.36 AM

Ford Maverick Very weird day: Got punting email and dealer told me I was in production PXL_20220630_215401473
Sponsored

OP
OP

NewTruckDriver

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Maverick XLT-Supercrew, Area 51 with XLT Luxury Package, Ford Co-Pilot360 and a few other options. I had some constraint items, obviously, in the Luxury Package that we weren't willing to give up, which is why I was pretty sure we were going to roll to 2023. Luckily didn't have to give any up, rollover, or change to a different vehicle.

Now I'm just trying to get the order added to my Ford.com dashboard so it's easier to keep a tab on.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick XLT-Supercrew, Area 51 with XLT Luxury Package, Ford Co-Pilot360 and a few other options. I had some constraint items, obviously, in the Luxury Package that we weren't willing to give up, which is why I was pretty sure we were going to roll to 2023. Luckily didn't have to give any up, rollover, or change to a different vehicle.

Now I'm just trying to get the order added to my Ford.com dashboard so it's easier to keep a tab on.
you wouldn’t have been able to give up any options in a package. You would have to drop the whole package completely, can’t pick and choose items inside a package.

you can’t add your order to ur ford account to watch it. You just have to use the tracker with your vin and order number.

your dealer doesn’t know delivery date. So many delays it’s impossible to predict surprised he even said a date.

but you still got good news. Congrats

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, same for me, got the email, even tho days before I had a VIN & production week (8-8).

Ford's customer communications dept is like a good game of truth or dare. :unsure:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't realize you could option an XLT Hybrid to $32k. That's more than my Lariat Lux.

DaFaDa

First Name
Ronald Koons
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart
Ford Builds trucks (I think), they are NOT known for their communication skills.

I got the letter as well. Ordered 09/11/2021.

We decided to wait; Working towards a full year, why give it up now.

So we went over my order and he (Bruce, from Homewood Ford... REALLY great guy!!!).

He said there were three things on your Lariet order that were holding it back:

• The spray in Bed liner (12%)
  • The Fabric / Leather bed cover (Low end option out of the three). (8%)
  • Splash guards. (4%)
The percent numbers were the amount they had in stock compared to the orders depending on those parts or processes. So, only 4% of those who ordered the "Splash Guards" would actually get splash Guards. It seems then that some computer algorithm therefore decides that "We can't buld any" because there aren't enough for all... Who Knows!

Of the three, the only option I was NOT willing to part with was the Spray in liner, and that only because it is part of the Lariet luxury package, which I want.

The other two can eaisly be ordered aftermarket and added in an afternoon.

So, we went to change the order:

Dealers are ONLY allowed to change the order levels down to #10; anything lower than 10 can only be changed by Corporate. My order was changed by Ford Corporate months ago down to #02.

The manager went through the motions to remove the two offending items, and was NOT allowed to change it BECAUSE it was at a Corporate level below 10.

Finally he said, after some additional research, that he, like all dealers are "Allocated" a specific number of trucks every two months it sounds like. He said that he was "Allocated" 5 Maverick's for June - July, and of those 5, only one had been given a VIN. leaving only 4. Further, out of all the Maverick's he has orders for, he only has 4 that were moved to level 02, and I am one of those 4.

So, hopefully, the moral of this story is: Maybe this month will be my lucky month...
Sponsored