Dealer told me ford canceled my hybrid order

crowbait

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford escape and 2009 kia rio5
The "sales agreement" probably puts you in a stronger position legally. (Although I can't be sure because I haven't seen it and don't know what it says.)

But, no... the DORA and the CVOP/RVOP are not the same thing.

The usual process as I understand it is that you sign a DORA (or some sort of agreement) and give the dealer a copy of your driver license. Then the dealer submits your order through the verification process (CVOP/RVOP) using the signed paper and the copy of the driver license to support it. Ford then accepts the order as verified, because it knows that there is a real order from a real customer.
After I turned in the dora and driver lisc I did get an email from ford confirming order
Sponsored

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A couple guys have posted here that they called Ford and got build dates despite never getting the automatic email notices. Ford's scheduling system is laughably bad. What I haven't heard of is someone getting a confirmation email from Ford confirming their order and then Ford cancelling the order as this dealership is claiming has happened.
Well, my dealer never even took my email when I placed my order, which would explain why I never got any emails from Ford. I think my dealer just put their own email in the order so they can get the updates and I think other dealerships did the same thing.

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got any update to this? Have you called Ford yet?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In January the dealer tells me the order got kicked back, they just have to confirm some information and get the order back in the system.
After I turned in the dora and driver lisc I did get an email from ford confirming order
Some folks on here have said that they got confirmation from Ford but later found out their order wasn't verified through COVP/ROVP.

I think those folks meant that (as you seem to suspect) their order was placed -- and connected to their email address -- but the dealer didn't take the extra step of submitting the verification information properly.

So I'm back to where I was before... Ask the dealer to show you the COVP/ROVP confirmation so you can see when/if it happened.

If it turns out the order went in and was verified properly, ask the dealer to show you the cancellation notice from Ford.

If you can get that, you will be the first person I've heard of with a valid order who has actually seen proof that Ford canceled their order. In most such cases people are just waiting to see if their order gets scheduled.

crowbait

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some folks on here have said that they got confirmation from Ford but later found out their order wasn't verified through COVP/ROVP.

I think those folks meant that (as you seem to suspect) their order was placed -- and connected to their email address -- but the dealer didn't take the extra step of submitting the verification information properly.

So I'm back to where I was before... Ask the dealer to show you the COVP/ROVP confirmation so you can see when/if it happened.

If it turns out the order went in and was verified properly, ask the dealer to show you the cancellation notice from Ford.

If you can get that, you will be the first person I've heard of with a valid order who has actually seen proof that Ford canceled their order. In most such cases people are just waiting to see if their order gets scheduled.
the salesman said that everytime he tried to submit cvop ford would not accept it due to hybrid constraints

Sponsored

crowbait

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the salesman said that everytime he tried to submit cvop ford would not accept it due to hybrid constraints
adding to the above message I enclosed copy of ford e-mail from Aug 7 2021. Does this not mean that ford accepted my order

Ford Maverick Dealer told me ford canceled my hybrid order Screenshot 2022-04-17 7.16.59 PM

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like he submitted to COVP very late. Ford wasn't refusing hybrid orders in July when you ordered.

Maybe he didn't submit to COVP until after hybrid orders were cut off in November. Then in January he figured out that he had screwed up, tried to resubmit, and couldn't because it was too late.
adding to the above message I enclosed copy of ford e-mail from Aug 7 2021. Does this not mean that ford accepted my order
It certainly means that Ford got your order. But I don't think it means that your order was properly verified.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mid Feb we got a vmail from our salesman saying they sold our Oct ordered w deposit XLT EB and we would have to re-order in Aug. Unfortunately for that idiot he picked the worst bitch on the planet to say that too 💪🏼 he was sniveling on the ph after I tore into him. While on the ph I demanded he send me the visibility report before I would hang up, he sent their internal live spreadsheet 🤯 so I no longer had to deal w them (and they w me 😁), they updated it constantly. The salesman claimed he called the wrong customer, so it was ok to do that to someone else I guess. If we weren't stuck in the situation we were, 2 adults 1 car the other died late summer and I haven't been able to work that whole time w no car M-F, it would not have enraged me so much but I have been greatly affected financially by this process. Our truck came in Wed and while it is rare I have to go the extreme I did on the phone w the salesguy, I knew the minute we walked in to pu the kid gloves were on 🤭 my mouth & attitude was ready for things to go south but everything went perfectly.

One thing I would mention is them sharing their spreadsheet or at the least the visibility report. Let them know you will be talking and posting this all over social, FB, IG, Twitter, Google reviews etc. Also get on TW w Mike Levine @mrlevine @jimfarley98 and your dealerships accts. It does sound like they screwed up the order, tried to re-order too late in Jan and were crybabies and didn't own up. My normal Ford dealership where I go had a hybrid order from mid Jan get shipped in 3 weeks ago. I was talking to the salesman about ordering a hybrid in Aug and he showed me they had a stripped down hybrid that late coming in. Also they encouraged me to put in a hybrid order now then convert to MY 2023 BUT I worry something will get messed up. I want a hopefully green color Lariat. The salesman did make it sound like the leftover 2022 rollovers go in first to MY2023. I believe Ford has said as much too. Good luck, don't give up and if they did screw you make sure you drag them thoroughly thru the mud.
You should record your half of the conversation and sell it to members here on MTC just in case they run into any funny business once their truck is produced. They could just play it over the phone to the salesman.You could charge various amounts depending on how bad the situation gets. PG version is $14.99, R version is $29.99, and Nuclear Option As Last Resort is $49.99.

crowbait

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like he submitted to COVP very late. Ford wasn't refusing hybrid orders in July when you ordered.

Maybe he didn't submit to COVP until after hybrid orders were cut off in November. Then in January he figured out that he had screwed up, tried to resubmit, and couldn't because it was too late.

It certainly means that Ford got your order. But I don't think it means that your order was properly verified.
Yes I agree with you pretty sorry state of affairs salesman is saying he did nothing but L believe trying to cover his $$$. I don't think I have much but to wait for MY23 But I am very pissed

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
You should record your half of the conversation and sell it to members here on MTC just in case they run into any funny business once their truck is produced. They could just play it over the phone to the salesman.You could charge various amounts depending on how bad the situation gets. PG version is $14.99, R version is $29.99, and Nuclear Option As Last Resort is $49.99.
🤣😂 I actually don't remember even cussing much 🤭 and believe me, I can string some words together for good effect! I was loud, stern and used all the language & facts I learned here and knew from being in a family full of lawyers. F@*! is normally in my vocab so that was probably it. I believe they were phishing for orders to take over as cancelled, about 25% of the Mav orders on their internal spreadsheet end up 'stock sold'.
Sponsored