Eklipse

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really regret not considering velocity blue when I placed my order. That's a great looking truck.
Sponsored

ldanielsjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer XLT / 2018 Ford Expedition Ltd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gotta say everybody, the stance of this lift/tire combo just works. Drives awesome and feels a bit more "truck" IMO.

Details:
-Rough Country 2in lift kit
-245/70/R17 KO2s
-FX4

IMG-1514.JPEG

IMG-2450.jpg

IMG-2452.jpg
I love this truck! I missed a 2022 order but I’m anxiously awaiting the order book to open for MY23. I’ve been going back and forth between the Velocity blue and Area 51.

love the picture with your girls, it’s awesome to see their excitement! My daughter prefers the Area 51, but she’s 33 so she doesn’t really get a vote LOL!

Your post may have just solidified my plans for the Velocity blue. Great looking truck - congratulations!

OP
OP
jspa

jspa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia, Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love this truck! I missed a 2022 order but I’m anxiously awaiting the order book to open for MY23. I’ve been going back and forth between the Velocity blue and Area 51.

love the picture with your girls, it’s awesome to see their excitement! My daughter prefers the Area 51, but she’s 33 so she doesn’t really get a vote LOL!

Your post may have just solidified my plans for the Velocity blue. Great looking truck - congratulations!
Much appreciated! Personally I like the velocity blue because it stands out a bit more. Makes the truck pop a bit in traffic.
Good luck with your order!

ldanielsjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer XLT / 2018 Ford Expedition Ltd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Much appreciated! Personally I like the velocity blue because it stands out a bit more. Makes the truck pop a bit in traffic.
Good luck with your order!
Agreed … love the color. I have not seen one in person, but lots of pics. Thanks!

numike

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
spare tire? does a fifth KO2 fit in the spare tire well?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jspa

jspa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia, Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not address the spare. I did not opt for the “full size spare” option from the factory. Just running the donut at the moment.

I need to do more research on what size tire I can fit in the spare location and on the rim.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! I have the same truck (xlt, velocity blue, FX4/AWD) sans the 4K tow package, looks great with the lift and tires!

How does it drive on the road and highway? Is it still tight and as stable as stock? Or does the lift make it a bit more floaty?

OP
OP
jspa

jspa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia, Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! I have the same truck (xlt, velocity blue, FX4/AWD) sans the 4K tow package, looks great with the lift and tires!

How does it drive on the road and highway? Is it still tight and as stable as stock? Or does the lift make it a bit more floaty?
Still drives great! Maybe not quite as tight, but I wouldn’t call it floaty or loose. Drives a bit more like a truck if that makes sense. I love it.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta say everybody, the stance of this lift/tire combo just works. Drives awesome and feels a bit more "truck" IMO.

Details:
-245/70/R17 KO2s
-FX4

IMG-1514.JPEG

IMG-2450.jpg

IMG-2452.jpg
Your children are cracking me up just looking at them lol. If we all could just stay that age. Don’t blink, before you know it, they will want the keys and start putting pink whale stickers on the back window.

Shepherd_Book

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good, and I'm glad you are enjoying it. I will be getting my truck mid April, and I've got a question for you seeing as you have the FX4. What are the dimensions of the openings for the tow hooks? I am looking at putting the FX4 bumper on my hybrid and installing fog lights, and I want to know what size I can get to fit. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

Stevew46

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick lariat first edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Details:
-245/70/R17 KO2s
-FX4

IMG-1514.JPEG

IMG-2450.jpg

IMG-2452.jpg
Your truck looks great
a question as this will be my first ever new vehicle , will this invalidate the warranty?

numike

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what about the spare tire? Im going for the white Maverick with black tires 265/ 60/18 Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires BUT will a fifth one FIT in the spare tire spot Same question regarding the tires on this vehicle thread ty

OP
OP
jspa

jspa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia, Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks good, and I'm glad you are enjoying it. I will be getting my truck mid April, and I've got a question for you seeing as you have the FX4. What are the dimensions of the openings for the tow hooks? I am looking at putting the FX4 bumper on my hybrid and installing fog lights, and I want to know what size I can get to fit. Thanks in advance.
The openings measure roughly 7.25in wide by 5 in tall.

Ford Maverick Velocity Blue Maverick with 2" Rough Country Lift and KO2s Photo Mar 21, 6 36 02 AM

Ford Maverick Velocity Blue Maverick with 2" Rough Country Lift and KO2s Photo Mar 21, 6 36 39 AM

Ford Maverick Velocity Blue Maverick with 2" Rough Country Lift and KO2s Photo Mar 21, 6 36 57 AM

OP
OP
jspa

jspa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia, Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your truck looks great
a question as this will be my first ever new vehicle , will this invalidate the warranty?
I asked this question to the dealer because I had the same concern. They said any lift less that 6inches would NOT void the warranty.

OP
OP
jspa

jspa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia, Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
what about the spare tire? Im going for the white Maverick with black tires 265/ 60/18 Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires BUT will a fifth one FIT in the spare tire spot Same question regarding the tires on this vehicle thread ty
More to come on this. I decided that I don't want to have an actual full size spare to match the new set of tires on the truck. I have a new steel rim on order and will be sourcing a used tire from a local shop to put on there. My initial measurements indicate that there is roughly 15.5 inches of radius that can be fit in the spare tire location, so it should work. I will confirm and get back to you in a week or so.
Sponsored