2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.autismfamilytravels.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Patriot, 2003 audi A4 and soon mav xlt.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How about something like a mechanical locker/limited slip. This is a item made for a Subaru outback that does not come from the factory with a locker. Maybe if there was enough interest they could make one to work in the mav/broncos. I come from the jeep side of life, so modding and adding things like lockers etc seem so easy once parts are available.

TORQ Locker TL-R1605B Subaru R160 Five Bolt | Locking Differential | Aussie Locker By Torq Masters
from the ad page

"The TORQ Locker is the most advanced, strongest, highest quality automatic locking differential on the planet, proven in the most extreme vehicles—from hard-core Rock Crawling, racing the King of the Hammers and Rock Bouncing, to Sand Dunes and Mud Drags." :ROFLMAO:

suggesting your Subaru can be an off road beast!!!
wondering how they get past the PTU over heating Subes are noted for.

kojack

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
from the ad page

"The TORQ Locker is the most advanced, strongest, highest quality automatic locking differential on the planet, proven in the most extreme vehicles—from hard-core Rock Crawling, racing the King of the Hammers and Rock Bouncing, to Sand Dunes and Mud Drags." :ROFLMAO:

suggesting your Subaru can be an off road beast!!!
wondering how they get past the PTU over heating Subes are noted for.
They are not saying your outback can race the koh. They are saying it can be very much more capable off road. The cvt in the 2020 up models are vastly better than previous models as well.
But that's not what's being discussed.

If enough people want one I'm.sure that torq would fab one up.

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How about something like a mechanical locker/limited slip. This is a item made for a Subaru outback that does not come from the factory with a locker. Maybe if there was enough interest they could make one to work in the mav/broncos. I come from the jeep side of life, so modding and adding things like lockers etc seem so easy once parts are available.

TORQ Locker TL-R1605B Subaru R160 Five Bolt | Locking Differential | Aussie Locker By Torq Masters
That would certainly be an easier solution than a rear subframe swap, and reprogramming the ECU. Probably a little mors cost effective in the end. Maybe some if us should start harassing them...

kojack

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That would certainly be an easier solution than a rear subframe swap, and reprogramming the ECU. Probably a little mors cost effective in the end. Maybe some if us should start harassing them...
As soon as we get ours, we will be doing just that.

Sponsored

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Have you given thought to just ordering a Tremor ? It would be cheaper and it would work . I have a Tremor coming ,its not that much money to upgrade . The dealer is giving me 2 K more then I paid for the current Maverick .

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you given thought to just ordering a Tremor ? It would be cheaper and it would work . I have a Tremor coming ,its not that much money to upgrade . The dealer is giving me 2 K more then I paid for the current Maverick .
4k towing is not an option I would give up. If the Maverick wasn't offered with any more than 2-2.5k, I wouldn't have considered getting one. If they offered a 5k option, I would consider trading up.
Ford Maverick Upgrade to locker rear end from a Bronco Sport 20221202_130220
Ford Maverick Upgrade to locker rear end from a Bronco Sport 20221128_115038
Ford Maverick Upgrade to locker rear end from a Bronco Sport 20221124_154558

Steve Urquell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had GM clutch type limited slip traction rears as well as putting a gear type locker in my 94 Ranger.

The clutch type diff was fine on road. The Lock-Rite gear type locker in my Ranger was a PITA to live with.

It would pop and bind in turns. If you did a left then a right turn in a short distance it would bind up and begin pushing you forward.

It finally wore and began locking and releasing while driving making things very interesting so I took it out.

Because of all the pressure it caused the differential carrier bearings to eventually fall apart and the pinion gear stripped out on the ring gear. I put a salvage yard rear in it.

I would not have another mechanical gear type locker on a street driven vehicle.
Sponsored