First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick, '05 Lexus ES330
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My only prob with the SC is I just don't care for the way they look... But I'm sure hands down it is prob a better quality then the mav.... Just hard to get over how it looks...
Truthfully, I'm kind of in the same boat. The one thing I really hate are those tabs that stick up at the top of the fender wells. Also, the the front grill has to be blacked out with plasti dip. Other than those two things I pretty much like the design. I prefer the Maverick from the front, and the Santa Cruz from behind.
Sponsored

OP
OP

UrbanDweller

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which trim did you get? AWD or FWD? I found the prices to be almost identical between my XLT AWD Mav with LUX and the SC SEL AWD.
I got the SEL FWD with the Activity Package option. That option is pricey, but that's where a lot of the goodies are..

OP
OP

UrbanDweller

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Understandable, I think ranger would been my second choice if i could never get my maverick personally.
I definitely considered the Ranger. I think its the best looking Ford truck out there. However, it's too big to fit in my garage.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wasn't complaining. I ordered the Maverick because of the price differential. What I found out is that I got way more for the extra money than I realized I would get. I thought the Maverick was clearly the better value. I'm just saying I'm not so sure about that anymore.
You seem surprised that two vehicles equipped very differently are priced very differently.

You could make the same comparison between a Maverick XL and a Maverick Lariat + Luxury Package. You want modern features, they're available to pay for. It's the same with any vehicle.

OP
OP

UrbanDweller

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A bird in the hand...
That was the ultimate motivator. I had to have a truck now and just had to bite the bullet and spend the money.

The surprise to me is I'm really glad I did, because I am really enjoying this thing way more than I expected.

Sponsored

OP
OP

UrbanDweller

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You seem surprised that two vehicles equipped very differently are priced very differently.
That wasn't the surprise. The surprise was that I didn't expect how much extra value I was getting for the money. Like probably many, I assumed a Santa Cruz cost significantly more than an equally equipped Maverick. I was wrong about that.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, the Maverick can have several of the options you listed, usually gated to higher trim levels, but still.

Also, the Santa Cruz doesn't offer a hybrid drivetrain, and for me, that's important.
That was the biggest difference for me. Santa Cruz didn't even need to be hybrid... It's rated mpg is just awful, particularly compared to what they're able to offer in other models.
It's hard to comprehend why they didn't put out a hybrid.

OP
OP

UrbanDweller

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
... It's rated mpg is just awful, particularly compared to what they're able to offer in other models.
It's hard to comprehend why they didn't put out a hybrid.
Awful is relative. I'm coming from a Corvette getting 20 mpg combined on 93 octane gas, Now I'm getting just over 25 combined on 87 octane. I'm quite pleased with that. Still, I too would like to see a hybrid. If they come out with one in the next few years I will probably switch to that.

No reason they can't do it quickly. The SC is on the exact same platform as the Tucson which does have a hybrid version.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's what I mean. It's not awful compared to a lot of other vehicles. But given what it's based on, why couldn't they have made it achieve better mpgs?

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want all the comfort and luxury of the santa cruz in a maverick body :) oh ... and make it hybrid.

Sponsored

Japple921

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sooo… I had a xl hybrid Mav and sold it to pay off all my debt. Then found a 23 se AWD Santa Cruz. It is the base model. It is wonderful and has so many options just in base form. Only option was AWD. It has Lane centering and can drive itself for about 1 min. It does get awful mileage averaging 18.5. All that to say I did order a tremor Mav. Just don’t discount the sc. oh and I paid msrp. It really is a good vehicle.

OP
OP

UrbanDweller

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Japple921

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. In normal mode taking kids to school. No hot riding at all.

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Truthfully, I'm kind of in the same boat. The one thing I really hate are those tabs that stick up at the top of the fender wells. Also, the the front grill has to be blacked out with plasti dip. Other than those two things I pretty much like the design. I prefer the Maverick from the front, and the Santa Cruz from behind.
The view from the back of the SC I think looks OK ( but I'm also a butt man so maybe that explains it... Lol) I kinda just don't like the shape of the whole thing and I realy don't like the front head lights and Grill.... Kinda make me think of a crossover suv with a truck bed.. I keep asking myself if I can get over what I don't like about its looks to have a nicer interior... I do like the under the bed storage also..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.