Truck camper sleeper for Maverick?

rtkegger

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado
Perhaps something like in the link below? I was researching these for my Dad's F-150 and both floor plans are less than 1200 lbs.

https://travelliterv.com/rvs/2021-rayzr-truck-campers/
I am in the process of buying a Travellite Rove camper. According to my dealer travellite is working on this for the Maverick. He said the factory rep told him they should have something by 2023. While I haven't picked my Rove up yet, I am very impressed with the build quality. I worked on RVs for a few months after I retired for something to keep me busy. In most cases, I was amazed that they didn't fall apart just going down the highway. The way Travellite builds their products, I expect they will last for many years.

truckcamperhybrid

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota T100
I've got a patent pending truck camper shell system that I think will work well for the maverick since it expands the truck bed via slide out over the tailgate. Since I'm lean and small right now I'm going after that 3500k price tag that I'm seeing for the fiberglass caps. Mine does require more material, but it doesn't mean I can't try. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links in the forum but the url is in the pic.
Ford Maverick Truck camper sleeper for Maverick? TCH Site Preview Square

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a patent pending truck camper shell system that I think will work well for the maverick since it expands the truck bed via slide out over the tailgate. Since I'm lean and small right now I'm going after that 3500k price tag that I'm seeing for the fiberglass caps. Mine does require more material, but it doesn't mean I can't try. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links in the forum but the url is in the pic.
TCH Site Preview Square.png
Wonderful concept! Hope you are able to bring it to production. It would help to see internal layouts.

truckcamperhybrid

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota T100
Wonderful concept! Hope you are able to bring it to production. It would help to see internal layouts.
Initially it's just going to be an empty shell and you can build it out how you want (kind of like vans). There's tons of stuff already out there on youtube for truck cap buildouts. I'm partnering up with someone I can recommend if you'd rather pay them to do a professional buildout. I like to keep it simple, I'm going to do something like the decked system for a queen size bed for the parents, then 3 hammocks stretched from the roof for the kids. This video might help you see the inside better->

Sponsored

450xlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Pontiac Fiero, Ford 450, Ford Explorer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

One thing being overlooked is mounting. Campers have had some way to connect them to the frame of a vehicle for, roughly...ever. This is a unibody. Without some sort of extra structural attachment point a bed mounted camper may prove unsafe.

Wiley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing being overlooked is mounting. Campers have had some way to connect them to the frame of a vehicle for, roughly...ever. This is a unibody. Without some sort of extra structural attachment point a bed mounted camper may prove unsafe.
Excellent point

rube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150
I’ve got an F150 with a slide in pop up camper.
I keep thinking I want to go bigger with an F250 and a hard side camper.
But, the Maverick seems like a great small truck. The mileage on the hybrid would be great to have.
If a manufacturer came up with something like the custom one off at the YouTube link below I think that would be an amazing camping vehicle!

rube

Sponsored