First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wondering if anyone knows how to remove the lower steering trim , I have an odd mark/scratch that is driving me crazy and was thinking of either repainting or using wrap on it.
It's the black section in the center of that trim.

Ford Maverick Trim removal, look at pic Screenshot_20211115-214340_Google
Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The airbag would almost certainly need to come off before you could see how the plastic trim is attached. Not impossible, just takes some care. In my experience doing exactly this trim project on a few steering wheels in the past decades, often times the plastics are not removable, heat welded or glued on. A vinyl wrap is easiest and doesn't require the removal of the wheel from the car (like paint should).

OP
OP
Exiwolf

Exiwolf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The airbag would almost certainly need to come off before you could see how the plastic trim is attached. Not impossible, just takes some care. In my experience doing exactly this trim project on a few steering wheels in the past decades, often times the plastics are not removable, heat welded or glued on. A vinyl wrap is easiest and doesn't require the removal of the wheel from the car (like paint should).
Thanks , that is what I thought, removing airbag should be straight forward done it on other cars. Was hoping it was just clipped in ,may just do a vinyl wrap ...maybe carbon fiber look .

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wondering if anyone knows how to remove the lower steering trim , I have an odd mark/scratch that is driving me crazy and was thinking of either repainting or using wrap on it.
It's the black section in the center of that trim.

Screenshot_20211115-214340_Google.jpg
Can you say warranty

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks , that is what I thought, removing airbag should be straight forward done it on other cars. Was hoping it was just clipped in ,may just do a vinyl wrap ...maybe carbon fiber look .
I personally would be leery doing anything on my new truck that might void my warranty such as trying to remove the air bag

Sponsored

OP
OP
Exiwolf

Exiwolf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I personally would be leery doing anything on my new truck that might void my warranty such as trying to remove the air bag
Nothing to when removing air bag and won't void warranty.