First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As of 12am, the rail car was "constructively placed" at Cayce, SC which means CSX couldn't place the rail in a location where it could be immediately offloaded.

About 7 miles from final rail destination in Dixiana SC. Earlier the ETA was by 1am tomorrow night. Now there is no ETA available.

Currently somewhere here in Cayce, SC

Ford Maverick Tracking Rail Car TTGX604078 to Dixiana SC Screenshot_20220522-010643_Maps
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chicora

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The final rail head destination at Dixiana. The rail cars are in the middle of the picture, just to the left of the Hansen and Adkins map pin. The areas to the left and right are part of the Hansen and Adkins automobile storage facility. That company (H&A) is the company that is most likely to deliver the truck to my dealer.

The sad part is that I've heard of vehicles staying there for a while month recently before being delivered.

Ford Maverick Tracking Rail Car TTGX604078 to Dixiana SC Screenshot_20220522-010906_Maps

OP
OP
Chicora

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And the rail journey is now over. A call confirmed rail car status is empty at Dixiana SC at 5:16pm

Now off to learn more about United Road for convoy tracking!

Kris

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK LARIAT HYBRID
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been wrestling with the CSX info not understanding my letters at the start of the rail car ID. Finally learned that TTGX should be entered as 81814192. (For me voice recognition worked about 1 out of 10 times.)

****EDITED*******

If anybody else is tracking this rail car maybe we could post our notes here. Just a thought.

****Original text below*****
I hear that my rail car is in Central Yard Illinois. I assume that is in or near Chicago and it is a switching yard (??). Anybody have info about that?
How do you find your rail car ID and Rail car Number after you get a shipped letter?

OP
OP
Chicora

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your best bet is to ask your salesman to look at the Visibility Report for your vehicle. Maybe, and I really mean, probably not but maybe the Ford rep on the chat can help.

Assuming you get your rail car number below are the directions I wrote to help some others know how to call in and get info.

Good luck!!!

LONG DIRECTIONS FOR GETTING RAIL CAR STATUS INFO

Before I start there is a request to avoid actually talking with a CSX rep in person, otherwise they might change the number.

Also, you can tell them the rail car ID but it only works 2 of of 10 times for me so I figured out the numeric inputs

1. This is the CSX number, call it and follow these steps: 1-800-235-2352

2. The first voice prompt Asks if you want location or weight. You want location so enter 1#

3. Next it will ask for the letter code. This one is tricky. You use you phone number pad to first identify the letter and then you enter the number for the sequence number for the letter.

For example, TTGX becomes

And then enter #

4. Then enter the number part of you rail car ID.

And then enter #

5. At that point the voice prompt will ask if you want to do another car or done. You can enter ## and it will be the same as saying "done"

The voice will then ask you to wait to hear the status and location of the rail car.

Often it begins with saying Arrived or Departed, and then the location, it will give the carrier (Such as UP for Union Pacific) and then a time.

When done you can hang up.

Sponsored

DD@DE

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
I have been wrestling with the CSX info not understanding my letters at the start of the rail car ID. Finally learned that TTGX should be entered as 81814192. (For me voice recognition worked about 1 out of 10 times.)

****EDITED*******

If anybody else is tracking this rail car maybe we could post our notes here. Just a thought.

****Original text below*****
I hear that my rail car is in Central Yard Illinois. I assume that is in or near Chicago and it is a switching yard (??). Anybody have info about that?
I have the same problem with CSX not understanding me saying CN. I've tried multiple times and it's read back to me as BN and I end up with the wrong rail car Any help with how to enter CN on the keypad?

DD@DE

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
I have the same problem with CSX not understanding me saying CN. I've tried multiple times and it's read back to me as BN and I end up with the wrong rail car Any help with how to enter CN on the keypad?
Duh. I get it now...

OP
OP
Chicora

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try 2362 for CN

DD@DE

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Try 2362 for CN
Thanks. I did yesterday and today and it still doesn't work. Says the car has been released by customer and was in Louisiana on March 30. The dealership says it shows it is in Hermosillo.

OP
OP
Chicora

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I did yesterday and today and it still doesn't work. Says the car has been released by customer and was in Louisiana on March 30. The dealership says it shows it is in Hermosillo.
yeah, i noticed that CSX worked for me but the other rail carrier phone services didnt.

Sponsored

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go to the top of this chat and select β€œtracker” everything youn need to know is right there.

DD@DE

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Thx. I did. It wasn't and isn't working. See Chicora's replies -- having the same issue with CSX tracking.

aswistak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT | '06 F150 Lariat-taking offers;)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yeah, i noticed that CSX worked for me but the other rail carrier phone services didnt.
How long did it take to get from Dixiana to your dealership then to you? I'm in Charlotte and my truck is supposed to be in Dixiana on 9/26 so I'm hoping it's not too long!

OP
OP
Chicora

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long did it take to get from Dixiana to your dealership then to you? I'm in Charlotte and my truck is supposed to be in Dixiana on 9/26 so I'm hoping it's not too long!
Arrived at Dixiana and Offloaded from train on May 22nd. It arrived at dealer on May 31st. I have read of some cars waiting 4 weeks before being transported to Asheville so i was happy with my experience.

Good luck to you!
Sponsored